+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Evaluation Ongoing - Name Issue - Asivad??

tejasmhaskar

Nov 15, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
I am facing an issue with WES Evaluation. My status shows as "Evaluation in Progress". I am not worried about when they will complete the evaluation. My problem is somewhat different:
On my Bachelor degree, my name is written as Mhaskar Tejas Rajendra Asavari (Asavari is my mother's name). I believe it is customary at Mumbai University to write mother's name after the person's name. "Tejas Rajendra" is my first/given name and "Mhaskar" is my family name. So, the report should ideally mention only "Mhaskar Tejas Rajendra" or "Tejas Rajendra Mhaskar". But now my name on WES site has been changed to "Mhaskar Tejas Rajendra Asavari" which may cause issues.
I have also sent my MSc transcript (USA) to them. On my MSc transcript, my name is mentioned as it should be i.e. Mhaskar (family) Tejas Rajendra (first/given).
My assumption is this: May be they have received my Bachelors degree and transcript only. And, that's why they changed the name. Hopefully, when they receive MSc transcript, they will change it to "Mhaskar Tejas Rajendra".

Should I contact them right away to get that change done or should I wait for any updates from them regarding this?

@Asivad What are your thoughts?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WES mentions the name as it appears on the educational credentials. Wait for the final report. While submitting to CIC, you can include an affidavit stating that the different versions of the name belong to the same person.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
tejasmhaskar said:
I am facing an issue with WES Evaluation. My status shows as "Evaluation in Progress". I am not worried about when they will complete the evaluation. My problem is somewhat different:
On my Bachelor degree, my name is written as Mhaskar Tejas Rajendra Asavari (Asavari is my mother's name). I believe it is customary at Mumbai University to write mother's name after the person's name. "Tejas Rajendra" is my first/given name and "Mhaskar" is my family name. So, the report should ideally mention only "Mhaskar Tejas Rajendra" or "Tejas Rajendra Mhaskar". But now my name on WES site has been changed to "Mhaskar Tejas Rajendra Asavari" which may cause issues.
I have also sent my MSc transcript (USA) to them. On my MSc transcript, my name is mentioned as it should be i.e. Mhaskar (family) Tejas Rajendra (first/given).
My assumption is this: May be they have received my Bachelors degree and transcript only. And, that's why they changed the name. Hopefully, when they receive MSc transcript, they will change it to "Mhaskar Tejas Rajendra".

Should I contact them right away to get that change done or should I wait for any updates from them regarding this?

@Asivad What are your thoughts?
Yes, WES did similar changes to our evaluation report too...by submitting affidavit (for DoB) and marriage certificate there have been no issues pointed out by OINP so far (don't know about the future). Yet to face CIC...

tejasmhaskar

Nov 15, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
Thank you for the quick revert. Do you think this will be an issue? I can always mention my passport details which clearly mention my mother's name. Also, the affidavit just needs to be "self attested", right?
Has anybody else faced this issue?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tejasmhaskar said:
Thank you for the quick revert. Do you think this will be an issue? I can always mention my passport details which clearly mention my mother's name. Also, the affidavit just needs to be "self attested", right?
Has anybody else faced this issue?
Fairly commonly reported issue. Not a problem. Meet a notary public to get the affidavit done, cannot be a self-declaration.

damitdada

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Hello Sir...

I have got my WES report recently and waiting for next draw with CRS 437

My name on the passport is
Surname: Trivedi
Given name: Amitkumar Rameshchandra (First + Middle Name)

Now, on my WES report name is TRIVEDI, Amitkumar.

It doesn't include the middle name/father's name

Please help....Should I be concerned?

SUKAN_26

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
WES mentions the name as it appears on the educational credentials. Wait for the final report. While submitting to CIC, you can include an affidavit stating that the different versions of the name belong to the same person.
Hi Asivad...

I have a similar issue I have a one letter difference in the spelling of my name in degree certificates...

I am about to apply my transcripts and send it to WES.

Should i send an affidavit and Xerox of my passport copy to WES.? will they mention the name as per the passport in this case ??since you have mentioned that WES mentions the name as it appears on the educational credentials.

Awaiting your feedback and suggestions

honeyk3g

Aug 10, 2017
Hi All
I am facing an issue in WES ,Still my Wes report is under evaluation but the problem is I have mentioned my First name :Gurpreet and last name Singh but actually both on education certificates and passport mentioned Gurpreet Singh and Last name-blank.
Please suggest ,should i connect wes ?
Thanks
Honey

shoyab_khan88

Jan 18, 2012
Hi Asivad...

I have a similar issue I have a one letter difference in the spelling of my name in degree certificates...

I am about to apply my transcripts and send it to WES.

Should i send an affidavit and Xerox of my passport copy to WES.? will they mention the name as per the passport in this case ??since you have mentioned that WES mentions the name as it appears on the educational credentials.

Awaiting your feedback and suggestions

MR SUKAN CAN U SEND ME YOUR CONTACT NUMBER PLZ

baseer401

Feb 3, 2018
some body help me i got my wes report but it stating that The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated above. mohammed abdul baseer
my surname is mohammed on my engineering certificate it mention only md
and on my masters it shows abdul baseer mohammed
please help me in this regards

mansiib

Jul 6, 2015
some body help me i got my wes report but it stating that The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated above. mohammed abdul baseer
my surname is mohammed on my engineering certificate it mention only md
and on my masters it shows abdul baseer mohammed
please help me in this regards
Hi Abdul what u did for this

v_nitesh_k

Aug 31, 2018
United States
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2019
Hi,
I too have name issue. I have read many threads about this. Some mentioned that their application was rejected by WES and some got the evaluation report with the statement "The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated above".

I am not sure if my application will be considered for evaluation or rejected.

My name on 10th & 12th Marks card: V Nitesh Kumar (where V is my father's initial) V
Name on passport: Vijay Nitesh Kumar ( V is expanded)
Name on bachelor & master degree mark sheets and certificates: Nitesh Kumar V (Bangalore University screwed up things by putting V after my surname.
Name on WES application: Nitesh Kumar V ( as per my bachelor/master degree certificates).

I also have an affidavit which states all the names mentioned above are the names of the same person.

What are my chances to get the evaluation done by WES? Many friends have suggested to get the name corrected in the mark sheets to avoid rejection. But, I want to avoid this because it will take atleast 6 months to get the original documents after correction and I'll loose points due to age factor.

Thanks!

Indiancreative

Oct 29, 2017
Hi I have a query.

After marriage my wife has taken my surname as is the case generally and the same is on the .arriage certificate as well. However iam confused as to what shall be the case for WES. As in, all her degrees are in her surname before marriage. What to do regarding that ? Also, do I need to mention her name before marriage at the places where they ask "Have you ever been known by any other name" ?

Jul 8, 2018
Hi,
I too have name issue. I have read many threads about this. Some mentioned that their application was rejected by WES and some got the evaluation report with the statement "The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated above".

I am not sure if my application will be considered for evaluation or rejected.

My name on 10th & 12th Marks card: V Nitesh Kumar (where V is my father's initial) V
Name on passport: Vijay Nitesh Kumar ( V is expanded)
Name on bachelor & master degree mark sheets and certificates: Nitesh Kumar V (Bangalore University screwed up things by putting V after my surname.
Name on WES application: Nitesh Kumar V ( as per my bachelor/master degree certificates).

I also have an affidavit which states all the names mentioned above are the names of the same person.

What are my chances to get the evaluation done by WES? Many friends have suggested to get the name corrected in the mark sheets to avoid rejection. But, I want to avoid this because it will take atleast 6 months to get the original documents after correction and I'll loose points due to age factor.

Thanks!
Hi Vijay,

Please let us know whether WES issues ECA as per your passport ? have you attached Affidavit along with the transcript while applying or sent affidavit separately?

Thanks