+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Evaluation Ongoing - Name Issue - Asivad??

Sumayya.A

Jul 1, 2019
India
NOC Code......
Dear all,

Request your advise on how to proceed further with my WES evaluation.

My maiden name was GM Hemapriya and my education credentials are in this name. My name after marriage is changed to Sumayya Abdulrahman and it is in this name I have the passport. Along with passport I also have government gazette notification of India and marriage certificate as supporting documents.

For my 1st evaluation I sent all these copies and an affidavit from notary as well to WES for evaluation. However my order has been cancelled stating "too many name changes". When I raised a query to WES they said that they can issue ECA as per my maiden name if I place a request again.

Please advise if I get my ECA done for my maiden name which is different from my passport name, what shall be the implications in my PR application.

Thanks,
Sumayya

sadikpunjwani

Dec 18, 2021
I am facing an issue with WES Evaluation. My status shows as "Evaluation in Progress". I am not worried about when they will complete the evaluation. My problem is somewhat different:
On my Bachelor degree, my name is written as Mhaskar Tejas Rajendra Asavari (Asavari is my mother's name). I believe it is customary at Mumbai University to write mother's name after the person's name. "Tejas Rajendra" is my first/given name and "Mhaskar" is my family name. So, the report should ideally mention only "Mhaskar Tejas Rajendra" or "Tejas Rajendra Mhaskar". But now my name on WES site has been changed to "Mhaskar Tejas Rajendra Asavari" which may cause issues.
I have also sent my MSc transcript (USA) to them. On my MSc transcript, my name is mentioned as it should be i.e. Mhaskar (family) Tejas Rajendra (first/given).
My assumption is this: May be they have received my Bachelors degree and transcript only. And, that's why they changed the name. Hopefully, when they receive MSc transcript, they will change it to "Mhaskar Tejas Rajendra".

Should I contact them right away to get that change done or should I wait for any updates from them regarding this?

@Asivad What are your thoughts?
Could you please help, what was the solution for this problem? as even in all my certificates (from University of Mumbai), my mother's name is appended?

Many Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Sadik.