+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Evaluation for Integrated Masters Degree (5 year Integrated Degree) - Help!

GargKritika

Mar 12, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I have a 5 year integrated degree ( Btech-MBA) from Thapar University, India.
Our college provides 2 degrees, one for bachelor and another for MBA. I recently got my WES done, but it provided me with "Bachelor's degree and postgraduate diploma (one year) ". I was expecting master equivalency for better score. Can someone suggest if going for ICES will i get desired outcome ?
Appreciate any help in advance!

Hoping Newbie

Feb 9, 2021
I was in the same situation, as I don't have a separate Bachelor's and I studied for 5 years non-stop.
According to my WES report, I have a Master's. Period. I acquired all the points for my Master's and see no reason why there could have been a problem.
The absense of a Bachelor' credential won't matter, since you have a Master's and it is evident that a prerequisite for Master's is Bachelor's.
Hi Liara, Is this evaluation country specific? Are they evaluating these degrees based on the country of issue?

mfbtocan

Feb 25, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I have a 5 year integrated degree ( Btech-MBA) from Thapar University, India.
Our college provides 2 degrees, one for bachelor and another for MBA. I recently got my WES done, but it provided me with "Bachelor's degree and postgraduate diploma (one year) ". I was expecting master equivalency for better score. Can someone suggest if going for ICES will i get desired outcome ?
Appreciate any help in advance!
Hi GargKritika - How did you fill this in the express entry profile and how many points did you eventually got? I am exactly in the same situation.

rajk_canada

Dec 2, 2022
Hi All,

I need your help on creating a wes account with proper information. I completed my M.Sc software systems (5 year integrated course) in Bharathiar University.

This is what I'm getting. Don't know why it's being considered as a bachelor's degree

Country of Education: India
Name of Degree: Master of Science
Name of Institution: Bharathiar University
Equivalency in Canada: Bachelor's degree (4 years)

Could anyone assist me on this. It would be really helpful

Latha N

Jul 3, 2022
Hi @u.pranaav,

Please let me know if you have completed the wes process?
Wednesday at 8:13 AM
Hi, can anyone please let me know which courier service does WES mostly prefer to send us the ECA reports after our transcripts evaluation process gets completed. Because I chose standard delivery for which no courier tracking option is available. I have by mistake given incorrect address in recipient address when I created profile initially. I have updated it only after I got an email notification from WES stating that transcripts evaluation has been completed and reports has been sent to recipient address.

linspt

Dec 7, 2022
Hi
I have done bachelor of dental surgery from India and I also completed MTech from IIT. Should i do WES evaluation for both of my degrees?
Kindly reply

ajmalapm

Aug 20, 2023
Hi,

I wanted you help in understanding if anyone has applied for WES evaluation of a 5 year Integrated Master's Degree for evaluation. For this degree only ONE final Master's Degree is awarded. There is no separate UG degree and PG degree certificates. It is just ONE FINAL PG Degree certificate that reads MASTERS OF SCIENCE in SOFTWARE ENGINEERING (5 YEAR INTEGRATED PROGRAMME). This is actually the degree name that is awarded by Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore.

So, I am confused whether such degree programmes are considered for evaluation by WES or not. Because, I am unable to find any such info on WES site or this forum. Other 5 year integrated degrees that I see award a UG + PG degrees, which is not the case with me.

I need you help in understanding if anyone with degree like mine (with ONLY a master's certificate) had applied for WES evaluation or have idea about cases such as mine? How would such degrees be considered by WES or, would they even consider evaluating degrees such as these?

It if helps, the university is accredited by NAAC with ranking of 'A'. I had read in the WES site that they consider a few 3 year degrees for evaluation from universities with this ranking.

WES helpdesk was of no use with regards to this query as they did not answer my question and just referred me to their list of documents for Indians URL.

Any help is highly appreciated.
Hey Naveen i am also in a similiar situation i did 5 year integrated Msc in Biotech from VIT university. Could you pls help me with how you have applied for the WES. Thanks
what should i be selecting for the bachelors!

Thanks in advance,
Naveen