+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wes equivalency for AMIETE degree (india,New Delhi)

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hello Guys,

i have done AMIETE in Computer Science four years, i want to know the Wes equivalency for AMIETE degree
if anyone who has done this please guide me the process.

following is my education qualification
1. Senior secondary Class 12.

2. Polytechnic Diploma in information Technology (3 years)
3. AMIETE in Computer Science four years.

how much point i can score based on above education
Thanks.

its_roushan

Aug 30, 2018
Hi @amitkala17 ,

Just wanted to know, how did u get the sealed transcript from IETE ? Did you have to visit the IETE HQ to request for sealed transcript or it is doable online ? Also, it would be helpful if you can share, what all documents and in what way, you had to share with WES. Thanks in advance.

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Dear,

you can do it online, send a mail to SIC,
Documents needed by WES
Transcript
AMIETE Certificate
AMIETE ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP certificate,
any ID to match your full name.(adhar,passport)
I sent copy of my AMIETE Certificate and AMIETE ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP certificate to SIC IETE, and iete provided the transcript, AND then they sent the documents to WES.

WES do recognize IETE, to get the transcript send the mail to sic iete.

Below is the SIC IETE reply of my query

For getting the transcript processed for WES, you need to pay a fee of Rs.500/-, if you want us to dispatch it to you in India and for dispatching it directly to WES you need to pay $80. You can pay this fee online on our official website and mail us the transaction details along with the scanned copy of your Certificate and Gradesheet.

you can send mail to
SIC IETE <sic@iete.org>

I have also done engineering(AMIETE-CS) from IETE.
I got my WES evaluation today, here is the result.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

ERsam

May 22, 2019
Hi @amikala, I did AMIETE CS and in parallel, I did 3 yrs BA and 2 yrs MA. So for AMIETE degree IETE will send transcript but for my master degree how I will get transcript.
If I use my Master degree some additional points I will get.
Please help me.

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Dear,
for AMIETE, you will get: Bachelor's degree (four years)
For masters: you might get a master or two-year diploma.
if you get a diploma then you will be eligible for two or more degree where one is greater than 3 years.[Two post-secondary education (certificates) in which one is three years or more ]
If your master is recognized by WES as masters then you will get point for master.
However, I do not know how you will show experience as computer science and MA are two different things.
AND YES masters has more points then degree or two or more degree.

vuppada

Jun 3, 2019
hi dear @amikala, I have also did my graduation in AMIETE -ET stream. 2014 pass out and i am yet to take the aicte approved certificate. I have two pleads/questions to ask you.
1)what was your converted GPA given by WES?
2) if you have applied for foreign colleges for masters degree, in the application form-are you asked to submit any recommendation letters from the iete college?
reply would be much appreciated. thanks

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hello,
my purpose of WES is immigration and i did not get any CGPA. may be you will get it if you want for academics purpose.
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)
2. I have no idea about this point. there is one person in this forum who has done AMIETE and now doing one year pg course in Canada. you can message him.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/members/raosahab.326474/
or search in this group and you may find some relevant info.

Reactions: vuppada

ERsam

May 22, 2019
Hi,

While filling details in WES portal, under Institute type what i need to opt if i did IETE - CS Bachelors.
Following options are coming, in which 3rd, 5th are not valid for IETE. Please let me know which option i need to opt.
University Education
State Board of Technical Education
State Boards of General Nursing and Midwifery
Professional Education: ICA, ICWA, IE, ICS
Secondary Education

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018
IETE REPLY:
You need to select "Professional Body" in Institution type. Name of the Certificate would be "AMIETE". Year or Award would be the "year and month" when you have given your last exam

ERsam

May 22, 2019
Thanks Sir, Just now i paid WES fees. Now for transcript how much i need to pay IETE. As per mail they mentioned 500 Rs. for each transcript within India and $80 each transcript if you directly send to WES.Canada.
Can you please guide me how much you paid for transcript and what does it means for each transcript.