+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA Secondary Verification Query - University of Delhi

harneetkochar

Nov 30, 2018
Did you get any reply to email you sent to Delhi University? Have you talked to someone too in Delhi University?
UPDATE:

There was some error with WES status update. It got changed back to "On Hold".

Following is the process for Secondary verification at DU (WES):

1. Visit VC Office, North Campus (Gate no. 1)
2. Goto counter no. 10 and inform them about your WES secondary verification intimation. Keep the WES reference no. ready.
3. They'll ask you to get two demand drafts worth 50 USD (or equivalent INR amount) in favour of ''The Registrar, University of Delhi". One DD each for Marksheet and Degree verification.

4. Just submit the DDs and you're done. The entire verification process should be completed in 15 working days as per the concerned person at the counter.

anupamgee

Dec 14, 2018
Is DD mandatory or can we make online payment? Most banks do not make DD in USD.

I think fees is 100 USD if degree is older than 6 years. Right?

Thanks,
Anupam

harneetkochar

Nov 30, 2018
UPDATE:

There was some error with WES status update. It got changed back to "On Hold".

Following is the process for Secondary verification at DU (WES):

1. Visit VC Office, North Campus (Gate no. 1)
2. Goto counter no. 10 and inform them about your WES secondary verification intimation. Keep the WES reference no. ready.
3. They'll ask you to get two demand drafts worth 50 USD (or equivalent INR amount) in favour of ''The Registrar, University of Delhi". One DD each for Marksheet and Degree verification.

4. Just submit the DDs and you're done. The entire verification process should be completed in 15 working days as per the concerned person at the counter.
Disclaimer:
Please reconfirm all these details at the counter before you get DDs made.

harneetkochar

Nov 30, 2018
Is DD mandatory or can we make online payment? Most banks do not make DD in USD.

I think fees is 100 USD if degree is older than 6 years. Right?

Thanks,
Anupam
Not sure about the online payment. You can check at the counter.
No idea about the older degrees payment either.

anupamgee

Dec 14, 2018
When you visiting the VC office? I will try to join you same day. Hopefully 2 people with similar problem can put some pressure on DU guys to reply faster.

Also, is VC office is opened nowadays?

harneetkochar

Nov 30, 2018
When you visiting the VC office? I will try to join you same day. Hopefully 2 people with similar problem can put some pressure on DU guys to reply faster.

Also, is VC office is opened nowadays?
Hi,
I did visit earlier in the day and got the secondary verification done.
You should visit this week. Next week VC office might be shut. Not sure though.

anupamgee

Dec 14, 2018
Great.

Have you submitted DD or paid online?
If DD, from where you got DD? Bank in VC office?

Also, do I need to carry any documents?

harneetkochar

Nov 30, 2018
DD from HDFC, Vijay Nagar Branch. SBI branch concerned person was not available at that time.

No documents as such. Just keep the WES reference number ready.

Dec 26, 2018
Hi Guys,

My WES status was also put On Hold on 11th December. On contacting the Examination Center at DU, I came to know they had not received any email regarding verification from WES.

Can you please let me know what I need to do next? As the mail mentions to pay verification fee directly to institute, but I guess University wont accept any fee unless they get email from WES for verification.

Appreciate your help...!!!!

Regards,
Rohit

Dec 26, 2018
Hello,

Let me share my experience on ECA by WES for Delhi University.

My WES account status was put On HOLD for verification of documents by issuing institute on 11th December. Since then I am trying to get in touch with Delhi University over phone. Sometimes they do not attend calls and many times they would tell concerned person is not available.
I found a mobile number of person from DU directory and called him, he took my details (WES Ref #, Name) and told they had not received any email from WES. I had contacted this person on 17th December.

After this I continuously dropped messages to WES on twitter as well as Contact Us option on WES website. But every time they responded with generic messages that they cannot disclose the details to which email ID they had sent the information. Therefore, I was not able to pay verification fee which is charged by DU for verification (200 USD in my case for both Degree and Transcript verification).

Today (28.12.2018), I visited Delhi University North Campus Gate No. 1, Counter No. 10 of VC Office at 11 A.M. in the morning. The person on the window gave me a slip to visit Room No. 103 on First Floor. On visiting the room, I provided my WES Ref # to the lady but she was also not able to find email from WES. She insisted me to go to Dean's Office on Ground floor to confirm if they had received the email. But even person in Dean's Office was not able to locate the email. I was again redirected to Room No. 103 to confirm for postal email this time as electronic email they were not able to find.
In Room No. 103 they couldn't find even postal email against my Reference Number. I was caught in No Mans Land situation.
The lady then told me to got to Degree verification Room (Room # 207) i.e. on Second Floor. I gave my Reference # to the person and finally he was able to find the email and he told me the email was received on 17th December. He was shocked that why other people were not able to find the email because they were marked in it.

He guided me to further verification process. I created 2 DD in favor of The Registrar, University of Delhi worth Rs 7000 each (100 USD) from ICICI branch which is located in the University premises. Luckily I had a account in ICICI bank and was carrying the Cheque book with me. The other option is SBI which is also in premises. But please do not forget to carry cheque book in case you want to make DD and ensure you have an account in any of these banks. Otherwise they wont entertain you and you will have to visit again.

Finally I gave one DD in Room No 103 for transcript verification and other in Room No 207 for Degree Verification. As told by concerned persons they will take 20-25 days to respond to WES. As WES is sending documents for verification in huge numbers since last month their workload has increased drastically.

I hope this helps...!!!

Cheers....!!!!

radz123

Dec 4, 2018
Hello,

My WES account status was put On HOLD for verification of documents by issuing institute on 11th December. Since then I am trying to get in touch with Delhi University over phone. Sometimes they do not attend calls and many times they would tell concerned person is not available.
I found a mobile number of person from DU directory and called him, he took my details (WES Ref #, Name) and told they had not received any email from WES. I had contacted this person on 17th December.

After this I continuously dropped messages to WES on twitter as well as Contact Us option on WES website. But every time they responded with generic messages that they cannot disclose the details to which email ID they had sent the information. Therefore, I was not able to pay verification fee which is charged by DU for verification (200 USD in my case for both Degree and Transcript verification).

Today (28.12.2018), I visited Delhi University North Campus Gate No. 1, Counter No. 10 of VC Office at 11 A.M. in the morning. The person on the window gave me a slip to visit Room No. 103 on First Floor. On visiting the room, I provided my WES Ref # to the lady but she was also not able to find email from WES. She insisted me to go to Dean's Office on Ground floor to confirm if they had received the email. But even person in Dean's Office was not able to locate the email. I was again redirected to Room No. 103 to confirm for postal email this time as electronic email they were not able to find.
In Room No. 103 they couldn't find even postal email against my Reference Number. I was caught in No Mans Land situation.
The lady then told me to got to Degree verification Room (Room # 207) i.e. on Second Floor. I gave my Reference # to the person and finally he was able to find the email and he told me the email was received on 17th December. He was shocked that why other people were not able to find the email because they were marked in it.

He guided me to further verification process. I created 2 DD in favor of The Registrar, University of Delhi worth Rs 7000 each (100 USD) from ICICI branch which is located in the University premises. Luckily I had a account in ICICI bank and was carrying the Cheque book with me. The other option is SBI which is also in premises. But please do not forget to carry cheque book in case you want to make DD and ensure you have an account in any of these banks. Otherwise they wont entertain you and you will have to visit again.

Finally I gave one DD in Room No 103 for transcript verification and other in Room No 207 for Degree Verification. As told by concerned persons they will take 20-25 days to respond to WES. As WES is sending documents for verification in huge numbers since last month their workload has increased drastically.

I hope this helps...!!!

Cheers....!!!!
Hi
I got the same mail from WES today and my file is on hold. Has DU done your verification?
Is it the same building where transcripts request form is submitted??

radz123

Dec 4, 2018
Hello,

I hope this helps...!!!

Cheers....!!!!
Why are the charging in USD?? cost of degree verification in india is 1000rs.

MiteshDodia

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
I just got this email from WES for secondary verification:

Due to the increased incidence of fraud, WES conducts a secondary verification of documents. This is to advise you that WES has sent photocopies of your documents for verification both electronically and by standard postal mail to University of Delhi. Your WES file is on hold until we receive a written response from this institution.

Your institution requires a fee in order to verify the authenticity of your credentials. Please send your payment directly to the institution. Do not send payment to WES. It will be returned to you.

Any Delhi University graduates who can help me with the following questions:

1. Is there an additional fee involved for verification? I remember paying 1000/- for transcripts collection. If yes, then where do I make the payment?
2. Where in Delhi University (North Campus) do I need to contact or visit if I don't receive any update?
3. How much time does DU take to complete secondary verification process?
Generally what is the timeline for the WES shipment to reach the unviersity ?