+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA Secondary Verification Query - University of Delhi

gayatriashta

Jan 28, 2019
My Status has been put ON HOLD pending secondary verification of documents from the universities. I went to a college in South Campus, Delhi University and for sending my documents the first time, I had to go to 2 counters- South Campus for transcript and North Campus for my degree. In this forum, someone has mentioned the window to go to in North Campus for secondary verification. Does anyone know where to go for South Campus? Or will North Campus verify both my transcripts and degree?

Reactions: Canadadry_2018

radz123

Dec 4, 2018
My Status has been put ON HOLD pending secondary verification of documents from the universities. I went to a college in South Campus, Delhi University and for sending my documents the first time, I had to go to 2 counters- South Campus for transcript and North Campus for my degree. In this forum, someone has mentioned the window to go to in North Campus for secondary verification. Does anyone know where to go for South Campus? Or will North Campus verify both my transcripts and degree?
You have to goto VC office, gate no 1, counter 10.
Both degree and transcripts verification are done there. The person at counter will guide you to both departments.
You have to pay DD for both so carry sbi or icici cheque book with you. Both the banks are in campus.

Dec 2, 2018
You have to goto VC office, gate no 1, counter 10.
Both degree and transcripts verification are done there. The person at counter will guide you to both departments.
You have to pay DD for both so carry sbi or icici cheque book with you. Both the banks are in campus.

Hello ... my case is similar - secondary verification for documents - course from South campus.

What I’m deducing from the post is that for verification of degree as well as transcripts I have to visit North Campus - VC Office. Is my understanding correct?

Dec 2, 2018

Hello ... my case is similar - secondary verification for documents - course from South campus.
So have your tried visiting North campus - did that help for both degree and transcript?

gayatriashta

Jan 28, 2019
So have your tried visiting North campus - did that help for both degree and transcript?
North Campus gets the email for transcript and degree verification. So first go to North Campus, Window 10. You'll get your degree verified from there. You will also have them fwd the email to south campus. Then go to South Campus (same window as when you went to get your transcript the first time). HDFC bank is close to South Campus for the DD.

Kiapek

Feb 5, 2019
North Campus gets the email for transcript and degree verification. So first go to North Campus, Window 10. You'll get your degree verified from there. You will also have them fwd the email to south campus. Then go to South Campus (same window as when you went to get your transcript the first time). HDFC bank is close to South Campus for the DD.
This is the correct process. My WES verification has been stuck since Nov end. Last week I received emails from WES that I need to make verification fees payment to both my universities. As I studied in a Delhi University South Campus college, my transcripts were issued by South Campus.
So one needs to make 2 trips - One to DU South Campus with a DD of $100 (for graduation older than 6 years) - this DD will be made in INR equivalent to $. South Campus will take one DD and verify your Transcripts - They also asked me for a copy of my final year mark sheet.
The 2nd trip needs to be made to Delhi University North Campus, Examination Branch. They will also seek $100 DD to verify the Degree. They will check their email - and once they find a WES email for you, they will accept.

Reactions: tipu_sultan

MaryIT

Feb 8, 2019
Hi guys
as per I understand from you all that at some point I have to personally visite DU !!!
I have done my master in UDSC, but the thing is that I was an international student and I reside no longer in Delhi !!!!
So I wanna know if can I ask someone to make those payments on my behalf or if there are any other ways to do it online??

Kiapek

Feb 5, 2019
Hi guys
as per I understand from you all that at some point I have to personally visite DU !!!
I have done my master in UDSC, but the thing is that I was an international student and I reside no longer in Delhi !!!!
So I wanna know if can I ask someone to make those payments on my behalf or if there are any other ways to do it online??
I don't think it will be a problem if you send someone - they don't ask your signatures or anything. As a precaution, send an authority letter with this person and also they can carry an ID card - just to make sure. Currently there is no way to make this payment online to DU - as the fees are technically for an international organisation, even though the DD will be in INR.

NavinJ00

Sep 10, 2018
Hello,

Let me share my experience on ECA by WES for Delhi University.

My WES account status was put On HOLD for verification of documents by issuing institute on 11th December. Since then I am trying to get in touch with Delhi University over phone. Sometimes they do not attend calls and many times they would tell concerned person is not available.
I found a mobile number of person from DU directory and called him, he took my details (WES Ref #, Name) and told they had not received any email from WES. I had contacted this person on 17th December.

After this I continuously dropped messages to WES on twitter as well as Contact Us option on WES website. But every time they responded with generic messages that they cannot disclose the details to which email ID they had sent the information. Therefore, I was not able to pay verification fee which is charged by DU for verification (200 USD in my case for both Degree and Transcript verification).

Today (28.12.2018), I visited Delhi University North Campus Gate No. 1, Counter No. 10 of VC Office at 11 A.M. in the morning. The person on the window gave me a slip to visit Room No. 103 on First Floor. On visiting the room, I provided my WES Ref # to the lady but she was also not able to find email from WES. She insisted me to go to Dean's Office on Ground floor to confirm if they had received the email. But even person in Dean's Office was not able to locate the email. I was again redirected to Room No. 103 to confirm for postal email this time as electronic email they were not able to find.
In Room No. 103 they couldn't find even postal email against my Reference Number. I was caught in No Mans Land situation.
The lady then told me to got to Degree verification Room (Room # 207) i.e. on Second Floor. I gave my Reference # to the person and finally he was able to find the email and he told me the email was received on 17th December. He was shocked that why other people were not able to find the email because they were marked in it.

He guided me to further verification process. I created 2 DD in favor of The Registrar, University of Delhi worth Rs 7000 each (100 USD) from ICICI branch which is located in the University premises. Luckily I had a account in ICICI bank and was carrying the Cheque book with me. The other option is SBI which is also in premises. But please do not forget to carry cheque book in case you want to make DD and ensure you have an account in any of these banks. Otherwise they wont entertain you and you will have to visit again.

Finally I gave one DD in Room No 103 for transcript verification and other in Room No 207 for Degree Verification. As told by concerned persons they will take 20-25 days to respond to WES. As WES is sending documents for verification in huge numbers since last month their workload has increased drastically.

I hope this helps...!!!

Cheers....!!!!
Hi! I am currently going through the same issue. Only thing is, I am from Sri Lanka and I'm not in a position to travel to India at the moment :(:(:(. What do you think my chances are of getting this done online ? I made a payment online and have couriered all the necessary documents.

NavinJ00

Sep 10, 2018
Hi guys
Hi any luck with getting this done without visiting DU?

tipu_sultan

Oct 27, 2019
The DD for south campus should be in favour of The Registrar, University of Delhi?

or

in favour of Director, University of Delhi, South Campus?

s.maneet

Jan 8, 2020
Can anyone make me understand the process ?
Actually I am from Mumbai & my wife is a DU graduate. Have already applied for transcripts.
Do I need to only send the transcripts & copy of degree?
What is this deal with second verification?