+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA: Indian Diploma (1 year) + Bachelors Degree (3 year). How to Apply for "Diploma" Course in WES?

emeth

Sep 22, 2021
Hello friends!

Thank you so much for your time and assistance.

Any help on the below questions would be really helpful!

1. While filling in my WES application, I wanted to understand what Category ("Type of Education" and "Which of these apply") does my Diploma fall under? (IGNOU - Diploma in Creative Writing in English) Note that its a Diploma, not a PG Diploma.

Type of Education:
    University Education

Which of These Apply:
    Bachelors Degree Programs
    Masters Degree Programs and Post Graduate Diploma Programs
    Doctoral Degree Programs

I do not see an option for "Diploma". What option should I select? Does this mean WES doesnt evaluate Diplomas?

2. If I submit a Diploma + Bachelors Application, will I be eligible to claim "Two or More Degrees/Diplomas/Certificates" option in my Express Entry? or Does one have to be a PG Diploma?
  3. I also have a certificate from IGNOU for a 6 month course. Will that fetch me any points or does it need to be a one year course at minimum?

Please help! Thank you so much!!

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello friends!

Thank you so much for your time and assistance.

Any help on the below questions would be really helpful!

1. While filling in my WES application, I wanted to understand what Category ("Type of Education" and "Which of these apply") does my Diploma fall under? (IGNOU - Diploma in Creative Writing in English) Note that its a Diploma, not a PG Diploma.

Type of Education:
    University Education

Which of These Apply:
    Bachelors Degree Programs
    Masters Degree Programs and Post Graduate Diploma Programs
    Doctoral Degree Programs

I do not see an option for "Diploma". What option should I select? Does this mean WES doesnt evaluate Diplomas?

2. If I submit a Diploma + Bachelors Application, will I be eligible to claim "Two or More Degrees/Diplomas/Certificates" option in my Express Entry? or Does one have to be a PG Diploma?
  3. I also have a certificate from IGNOU for a 6 month course. Will that fetch me any points or does it need to be a one year course at minimum?

Please help! Thank you so much!!
1. You can still select Post Graduate Diploma if you did it from IGNOU. WES will evaluate the respective transcripts, not the details that you are submitting here.
2. If the minimum education requirements for that diploma was +2, then YES
3. This won't fetch any points.

Reactions: emeth

emeth

Sep 22, 2021
1. You can still select Post Graduate Diploma if you did it from IGNOU. WES will evaluate the respective transcripts, not the details that you are submitting here.
2. If the minimum education requirements for that diploma was +2, then YES
3. This won't fetch any points.
Thank you so much for that quick reply, Preet!