+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Well it looks like the draw is almost upon us, how are you feeling?

theshak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Well guys and girls, it looks like the draw is almost finally upon us. It feels like it has been a long journey just preparing our EE profiles.

We have had very little transparency from the CIC but the community was truly brilliant as we tried to help each other through it all the confusion and unknown variables. People dispensed their knowledge as much as possible and some intrepid individual even created a google spreadsheet so we could compare our scores. For the most part people have been kind and courteous, give yourself a pat on the back ;).

I, for one, have been naturally very nervous given all the unknown factors and bugs with the online application but I guess we need to consider this a teething period. I am not so much nervous anymore as even if the first draw does not go my way we all will have a better understanding of its mechanics.

Anyway good luck in the draw and I truly hope a lot of us get good news (especially the non LMIA people).

Shak

rejiss

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Charged on 23-11-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 16-12-2014
IELTS Request
Initially submitted
File Transfer...
2nd line update on 02/24/15: Started processing on 21st Feb
Med's Request
14-03-2015
Med's Done....
23-03-2015
Interview........
3rd line update on 03/31/15: Medical results have been received
Passport Req..
18-06-2015
LANDED..........
23-09-2015
theshak said:
Well guys and girls, it looks like the draw is almost finally upon us. It feels like it has been a long journey just preparing our EE profiles.

We have had very little transparency from the CIC but the community was truly brilliant as we tried to help each other through it all the confusion and unknown variables. People dispensed their knowledge as much as possible and some intrepid individual even created a google spreadsheet so we could compare our scores. For the most part people have been kind and courteous, give yourself a pat on the back ;).

I, for one, have been naturally very nervous given all the unknown factors and bugs with the online application but I guess we need to consider this a teething period. I am not so much nervous anymore as even if the first draw does not go my way we all will have a better understanding of its mechanics.

Anyway good luck in the draw and I truly hope a lot of us get good news (especially the non LMIA people).

Shak
Hey Shak,
That's the way you keep up the spirit....All the very best....keeping our fingers crossed!!

EEdreams15

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Woohoo! Almost there.

Best of luck everyone and may the odds be ever in your favor. :D

Ivan.Galv

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
It was so long and quiet week. I don't believe CIC will do something today. My logic tells me they must, but intuition tells me they will not.

theshak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Ivan.Galv said:
It was so long and quiet week. I don't believe CIC will do something today. My logic tells me they must, but intuition tells me they will not.
I get this feeling they won't get it done today but sure we will see.

rejiss

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Charged on 23-11-2014
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
Initially submitted
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14-03-2015
Med's Done....
23-03-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
18-06-2015
LANDED..........
23-09-2015
theshak said:
I get this feeling they won't get it done today but sure we will see.
If its computerised....time is not a matter, but otherwise, we have 3 more hours till the end of this working day!!

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I expect it to be tomorrow at noon, or something... that is when new Canada Gazette will be published, probably containing draw instructions.

theshak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
rejiss said:
If its computerised....time is not a matter, but otherwise, we have 3 more hours till the end of this working day!!
Thats a good question, would it be "computerised". I guess given the volume the draw would kind of have to be. Then again it could just be on a massive spreadsheet. It would be very easy to scroll down 1500 or so places after organizing scores but hey who knows.

rejiss

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Charged on 23-11-2014
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
Initially submitted
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14-03-2015
Med's Done....
23-03-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
18-06-2015
LANDED..........
23-09-2015
theshak said:
Thats a good question, would it be "computerised". I guess given the volume the draw would kind of have to be. Then again it could just be on a massive spreadsheet. It would be very easy to scroll down 1500 or so places after organizing scores but hey who knows.
Well, right as you said it, we have no idea how the whole thing is going to work out. Will get a clear idea only after the first draw.

theshak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
rejiss said:
Well, right as you said it, we have no idea how the whole thing is going to work out. Will get a clear idea only after the first draw.
When ever thats going to be lol. I get the feeling it is not happening today.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
theshak said:
Of course it's computerized? Why on earth would they dump all the information into a big spreadsheet and try scrolling through...

CIC will be able to specify a number of ITAs to issue and if necessary, which specific programs (FSW/CEC) they want to target, the system will automatically order the profiles by score and select that number of profiles from the top for ITAs.