Oakville
I got a email from CIO tonight as follow:
CENTRALIZED INTAKE OFFICE
P O BOX 7500
SYDNEY NS B1P 0A9
CANADA

12 December 2014

Application for Permanent Residence in Canada

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following document:

Ø Police Certificate: A certified RCMP criminal record check based on fingerprints.
Please consult http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm for detailed instructions.

NOTE: IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED THIS DOCUMENT, PLEASE DISREGARD THIS REQUEST. WE WILL CONTACT YOU WITH FURTHER INSTRUCTION ONCE A VISA OFFICER HAS REVIEWED YOUR APPLICATION.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Please quote your complete application number and UCI on your correspondence and address your correspondence to one of the address indicated below.

Regular mail: Courier:
Central Registry Central Registry
Citizenship and Immigration Canada Citizenship and Immigration Canada
CIO Correspondence CIO Correspondence
PO Box 8400 49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS Sydney, NS
B1P 0G6 B1P 5Z2
Canada Canada

Any inquiries or questions can be sent by email to: CIO‑Sydney‑Search‑Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca .
CIC WebSite : www.cic.gc.ca

Sincerely,

Citizenship and Immigration
Centralized Intake Office
Sydney, Nova Scotia

There are some questions below:
1, I submitted my application in 18th August, I am sure I've submitted my RCMP check, The check's date is late July, I think it's still valid now. Can I just ignore this message?
2, I got my AOR in 22nd October, why my application is still at CIO-sydney
3, I am not sure this is a general email to all applicants or the checked my package and send to me?
4, If they are doing the security check to my application? If this letter means my application is going to in process?

Patrick Lam

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2014
File Transfer...
Mar-2014
Med's Request
Oct-2014
Med's Done....
1st Med Exam on Nov-2014 and 2nd Med done on Mar-2015
Congrats!! This is almost the last step of your application as far as I was told. My timeline is similar to yours. I had my medical sent to CIO this Dec 12. I hope that I will get this request from CIO soon.

lukeqichen

Jun 26, 2014
Oakville
Patrick Lam said:
Congrats!! This is almost the last step of your application as far as I was told. My timeline is similar to yours. I had my medical sent to CIO this Dec 12. I hope that I will get this request from CIO soon.
I am not even in process yet, it is weird, I thought they request additional document after they transferring the package to CPC-Ottawa also the online status should be IN PROCESS.

Patrick Lam

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2014
File Transfer...
Mar-2014
Med's Request
Oct-2014
Med's Done....
1st Med Exam on Nov-2014 and 2nd Med done on Mar-2015
What is your online status shown?

roadtocanada2014

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Hi There - I am not an expert but I feel hat the police check you submitted was based on a name search only. This email says that you are required to produce one based on the finger prints.. Please consult RCMP to find out if its any different.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

lukeqichen said:
P O BOX 7500
SYDNEY NS B1P 0A9
CANADA

12 December 2014

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following document:

Ø Police Certificate: A certified RCMP criminal record check based on fingerprints.
Please consult http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm for detailed instructions.

NOTE: IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED THIS DOCUMENT, PLEASE DISREGARD THIS REQUEST. WE WILL CONTACT YOU WITH FURTHER INSTRUCTION ONCE A VISA OFFICER HAS REVIEWED YOUR APPLICATION.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Please quote your complete application number and UCI on your correspondence and address your correspondence to one of the address indicated below.

Sydney, NS Sydney, NS
B1P 0G6 B1P 5Z2
Canada Canada

Any inquiries or questions can be sent by email to: CIO‑Sydney‑Search‑Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca .

Sincerely,

Sydney, Nova Scotia

1, I submitted my application in 18th August, I am sure I've submitted my RCMP check, The check's date is late July, I think it's still valid now. Can I just ignore this message?
3, I am not sure this is a general email to all applicants or the checked my package and send to me?
4, If they are doing the security check to my application? If this letter means my application is going to in process?

Giftsmas

Sep 14, 2014
Casablanca
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat Morocco
NOC Code......
NOC 0121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/09/2014
Nomination.....
Med's Request
Med's Done....
09.04.2015, TLU and DM on May 27th 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hopefully buy a flight ticket soon!
lukeqichen said:
P O BOX 7500
SYDNEY NS B1P 0A9
CANADA

12 December 2014

Sydney, NS Sydney, NS
B1P 0G6 B1P 5Z2
Canada Canada

Sincerely,

Sydney, Nova Scotia

Hi,

Was your cc or dd charged or not yet?
Giftsmas

lukeqichen

Jun 26, 2014
Oakville
roadtocanada2014 said:
Hi There - I am not an expert but I feel hat the police check you submitted was based on a name search only. This email says that you are required to produce one based on the finger prints.. Please consult RCMP to find out if its any different.

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Thank you for your reply bud. The check I submitted has fingerprints. I am not sure why they send this email. My note will reaches on 20 Dec. I will see what happened to my case and decide if will send another check.

glmmoula

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roadtocanada2014 said:

Hope this helps.
Cheers
roadtocanada2014- you are right. email said applicant has to have a fingerprint done at RCMP!

superpower

Dec 17, 2014
Hi, lukeqichen

I received the exact same email from CIO and my submission date is the same as yours. I tried to email the office and right now it was 5 days, still no response. I am pretty sure i submitted the fingerprint check coz i keep one copy as record.

I don't know what to do and i am not sure if it is a general request or not. i will call the office tomorrow and hope you good luck.

lukeqichen

Jun 26, 2014
Oakville
superpower said:
Hi, lukeqichen

I received the exact same email from CIO and my submission date is the same as yours. I tried to email the office and right now it was 5 days, still no response. I am pretty sure i submitted the fingerprint check coz i keep one copy as record.

I don't know what to do and i am not sure if it is a general request or not. i will call the office tomorrow and hope you good luck.
Yes, I have the same plan of calling them tomorrow. Please share your result if you have.