+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARNING: INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN CANADA

springchicken

Aug 29, 2014
In all countries, immigration is a not a God given right and it shouldn't be viewed as such. Governments also have a right to define and administer the policies that are appropriate to them. No-one gave the guarantee that study would equate to permanent residency so whilst I understand the disappointment, I do not feel that it is fair to feel "angry" or "betrayed" by that...That said, I empathize, but immigration is a tough process in any country I now hear

fpnc2983

Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uxd said:
Luxury? What luxury? It is hard work to study here. Intnl students dont get unemployment aid or 0% education loan like Citizens/PRs. We pay heavy fees. It is not luxury by any means. It is hard work and hard earned money that goes into Canadian economy.
I meant luxury as an idiom.
what i meant is you were fortunate enough to be able to have the money, time and opportunity to be educated in a great country like Canada. in which this good education you gained can be your road into greater success in canada or what not.
don't take it literally.... How many international students can afford to study and live abroad?
you should have the resources unless you are an exchanged student of some sort in a scholarship program....

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
fpnc2983 said:
I meant luxury as an idiom.
what i meant is you were fortunate enough to be able to have the money, time and opportunity to be educated in a great country like Canada. don't take it literally.... How many international students can afford to study and live abroad? you should have the resources unless you are an exchanges student of some sort.
Really? Most Intl students I know took loans. They didnt have money, rather they planned to pay back through the jobs here IN CANADA. PR ensures a smooth stream of cash inflow to pay back loans. Great country? By what standards? Read some history.
Anyways, people want to come here because of living standard, infrastructure, low corruption, low crime and exchange rates. People who move here leave their families behind in home country. Wake up man. Canada is not a heaven. Stop blindly worshiping west.

fpnc2983

Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just because the systems does not favor you, its all not fair and you feel betrayed?

you came to canada to study in the first place and not immigrate.
if you wanted to immigrate.
canada has its own different ways to get residency, in this case express entry, whether via cec, fsw or a provincial nomination.

yes you have assimilated into the canadian culture or economy but that does not mean any other applicant from other countries is not as qualified as you are.

I mean i was not able to apply last year with the old system,
i have a specific noc work experience, go my WES education credentials assessed, I have level 8 band ielts scores. i have a first degree relative in canada and scored 71 for the point system.

now EE was launched and we all have to go through this ranking system.
my score is around 400. no lmia, no pnp, no job offer, with the old system I am just as qualified as everybody.

but i dont get 600 points to get all the way to the top but we aint here being bitter and feeling sorry for ourselves.

just be optimistic. you are already in canada and you already have the advantage. sit down and stop whining,

peace

Reactions: Ama T

fpnc2983

Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uxd said:
Really? Most Intl students I know took loans. They didnt have money, rather they planned to pay back through the jobs here IN CANADA. PR ensures a smooth stream of cash inflow to pay back loans. Great country? By what standards? Read some history.
Anyways, people want to come here because of living standard, infrastructure, low corruption, low crime and exchange rates. People who move here leave their families behind in home country. Wake up man. Canada is not a heaven. Stop blindly worshiping west.
lol if you think canada is not good for you
why did you freaking study there in the first place.
you are so contradicting. you rant on how i blindly worship the west yet you state people come to canada bec of high quality of life , low crime rate and great infrastructure.

so now just because canada cant offer you instant residency , y'all mad and salty about it.

dont start with the loans bs. everyone goes through that.
fact is no dirt poor international student will be able to afford to study and live abroad.
if you didnt have startup resources. even if you did get loans, that means you had the credit or something to be able to secure a loan.
again, unless you are into a scholarship program not EVERYONE can study ABROAD..

just because you were educated in canada, paid fees to the govt,
you suddenly feel some sense of ENTITLEMENT that CANADA has to pay you back with permanent residency.

that canada has to prioritize you and other migrants that did not have canadian education dont deserve better.

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
fpnc2983 said:
just because the systems does not favor you, its all not fair and you feel betrayed?

you came to canada to study in the first place and not immigrate.
if you wanted to immigrate.
canada has its own different ways to get residency, in this case express entry, whether via cec, fsw or a provincial nomination.

yes you have assimilated into the canadian culture or economy but that does not mean any other applicant from other countries is not as qualified as you are.

I mean i was not able to apply last year with the old system,
i have a specific noc work experience, go my WES education credentials assessed, I have level 8 band ielts scores. i have a first degree relative in canada and scored 71 for the point system.

now EE was launched and we all have to go through this ranking system.
my score is around 400. no lmia, no pnp, no job offer, with the old system I am just as qualified as everybody.

but i dont get 600 points to get all the way to the top but we aint here being bitter and feeling sorry for ourselves.

just be optimistic. you are already in canada and you already have the advantage. sit down and stop whining,

peace
There is no whining. Do not misquote me. I am stating just plain facts. Canada is not heaven. We are here for the reasons I specified. I would not go as far as saying that this is luxury. Luxury my foot. Studying here is not a luxury. You do not suddenly become heavenly if you are a Canadian citizen. Some people need to get rid of inferiority complexes. 99% of people who come here to study know that they can easily get PR. If they knew they wont get PR here, they wouldn't have chosen Canada for studies. Now these are realities of why one chooses Canada. That being said, I do think that there is still some sense left in CIC to realize what they have done with PGWP CEC EE.

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
fpnc2983 said:
lol if you think canada is not good for you
why did you freaking study there in the first place.
you are so contradicting. you rant on how i blindly worship the west yet you state people come to canada bec of high quality of life , low crime rate and great infrastructure.

so now just because canada cant offer you instant residency , y'all mad and salty about it.

dont start with the loans bs. everyone goes through that.
fact is no dirt poor international student will be able to afford to study and live abroad.
if you didnt have startup resources. even if you did get loans, that means you had the credit or something to be able to secure a loan.
again, unless you are into a scholarship program not EVERYONE can study ABROAD..

just because you were educated in canada, paid fees to the govt,
you suddenly feel some sense of ENTITLEMENT that CANADA has to pay you back with permanent residency.

that canada has to prioritize you and other migrants that did not have canadian education dont deserve better.
Dude, this is getting ridiculous. You are day dreaming or something. I haven;t said anything about migrants who didn't study in Canada. You have inferiority complex issues.

fpnc2983

Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sorry for misquoting you. i was referring to the thread started whining about his case.

bec clearly you have the same sentiment like him.
as you said you went there for the purpose you stated.
if i went there to study i am not going to cry if i cant breeze through residency.
they have immigration processes end of story.

as for the luxury, i have already explained in context what i meant by that.

springchicken

Aug 29, 2014
uxd said:
Stop blindly worshiping west.
Anyone who hates the "west" is just as ignorant as those who stereotype the "east" or the "middle east" or the "north pole"

STOP IGNORANCE and stop hating on groups please - wherever they live.

springchicken

Aug 29, 2014
uxd said:
There is no whining. Do not misquote me. I am stating just plain facts. Canada is not heaven. We are here for the reasons I specified. I would not go as far as saying that this is luxury. Luxury my foot. Studying here is not a luxury. You do not suddenly become heavenly if you are a Canadian citizen. Some people need to get rid of inferiority complexes. 99% of people who come here to study know that they can easily get PR. If they knew they wont get PR here, they wouldn't have chosen Canada for studies. Now these are realities of why one chooses Canada. That being said, I do think that there is still some sense left in CIC to realize what they have done with PGWP CEC EE.
In other words, you are just angry because you are not chosen.

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
fpnc2983 said:
sorry for misquoting you. i was referring to the thread started whining about his case.

as you said you went there for the purpose you stated.
if i went there to study i am not going to cry if i cant breeze through residency.
they have immigration processes end of story.

as for the luxury, i have already explained in context what i meant by that.
Again. No one is crying here. I dont know what are you reading. What I have stated are true facts. Getting a PR is never easy. But that doesnt make Canada a heaven. This is not a "once you land here all will be good" land. All I am saying is stop projecting Canada as if the country has done big favour for you by allowing you to study here. This is just slave kind of mindset.

fpnc2983

Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uxd said:
Dude, this is getting ridiculous. You are day dreaming or something. I haven;t said anything about migrants who didn't study in Canada. You have inferiority complex issues.
i was quoting the the thread starter. inferiority issues? lol in what way?
im just stating facts in relation to your posts on how some intl students feeling betrayed and being mad about not getting PR the easier way. seems that your canadian educaton has given you superiority complex.

see the post by the thread starter???
HELLO folks,

i started this forum to discuss further steps.
intenational students who have spent more than 30,000 $ to earn canadian degrees and diplona have been completely ignored by stupid candian immigration laws (express entry).

even after having a full time job which falls under NOC o,a,b no points have been allocated.

lets discuss here and take some steps to aware canadian gov, and future asipirants who wants to come to canada on student visa.
please share and discuss your valuable opinions.

thanks

so his logic is bec he spent 30k to earn a cad degree he feels ignored by the stupid govt and its immigrations laws.
he was provided with good cad education and he lashes out like a b.....? Lmao
really.

you think it is fair to put them on side and attract immigrants from other countries who never been to canada and dont know canadian work culture and have no experience, rather than picking up those people who are well incorported in canadian enviorment.
think twice pls

---------------------------------------

tell me if that is not self serving and a false sense of entitlement jsut bec he is cad educated

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
springchicken said:
Anyone who hates the "west" is just as ignorant as those who stereotype the "east" or the "middle east" or the "north pole"

STOP IGNORANCE and stop hating on groups please - wherever they live.
You guys have to be kidding me. What a dumbness!!
Does Stop worshiping mean start hating ?
Whats your logic?

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
fpnc2983 said:
i was quoting the the thread starter. inferiority issues? lol in what way?
im just stating facts in relation to your posts on how some intl students feeling betrayed and being mad about not getting PR the easier way. seems that your canadian educaton has given you superiority complex.

see the post by the thread starter???
HELLO folks,

i started this forum to discuss further steps.
intenational students who have spent more than 30,000 $ to earn canadian degrees and diplona have been completely ignored by stupid candian immigration laws (express entry).

even after having a full time job which falls under NOC o,a,b no points have been allocated.

lets discuss here and take some steps to aware canadian gov, and future asipirants who wants to come to canada on student visa.
please share and discuss your valuable opinions.

thanks

so his logic is bec he spent 30k to earn a cad degree he feels ignored by the stupid govt and its immigrations laws.
he was provided with good cad education and he lashes out like a b.....? Lmao
really.

you think it is fair to put them on side and attract immigrants from other countries who never been to canada and dont know canadian work culture and have no experience, rather than picking up those people who are well incorported in canadian enviorment.
think twice pls

---------------------------------------

tell me if that is not self serving and a false sense of entitlement jsut bec he is cad educated
This is getting lower and lower by IQ standards. Signing out.

springchicken

Aug 29, 2014
uxd said:
You guys have to be kidding me. What a dumbness!!
Does Stop worshiping mean start hating ?
Whats your logic?
No it doesn't, but you sound pretty angry. No-one "worships" anything here - and no warning is needed. Make choices, keep cool, no anger, that is all. Cheers.