+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting on word from CPC Vegreville on my Husbands Extension, been nearly a month

k.baer96

Jan 4, 2018
We mailed my husbands application to extend his status as a visitor in Canada on December 8, 2017 to CPC Vegreville. We have not yet received any word that they have received his application or begun processing it, and his visitor status/record expires on January 21, 2018 (this month). We mailed it 44 days before the expiry of his status/visit record, they say to apply at least 30 days before expiry. It's been nearly a month and we've heard nothing. We're beginning to get anxious, and can't find any way to contact CPC Vegreville or get anywhere on the toll free number since we do not have an application number yet. I'm 13 weeks pregnant, due in July, and we want to be together when the baby arrives. How long does it typically take to receive word that they're begun processing your application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's too early to hear anything back. Processing of mail extensions takes around four months and you won't hear anything until a decision has been made. Your husband has implied status and can legally remain in Canada until a decision in the application is made.

k.baer96

Jan 4, 2018
It's too early to hear anything back. Processing of mail extensions takes around four months and you won't hear anything until a decision has been made. Your husband has implied status and can legally remain in Canada until a decision in the application is made.
So the fact that we submitted the application gives him implied status, even though we have not yet received word that they're begun processing his application? I'm not expecting them to already confirm/reject his extension, I understand that it takes months for them to make a decision.

So we won't hear that they've even begun processing? I thought I read that they send you a letter with an application number once they begin processing & you can use the application number to link it online & to check status when calling in.

kanon

Jun 17, 2016
For those who experienced and submitted an extension, were you notified that your application is under review at any time? Or did you only receive their decision by mail or email?