EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anuzgoel said:
Hi All,

She did get an RQ.

I just wanted to update you all that my wife's case is still pending and have not received any Oath letter till date. We have contacted local MP number of times. However he is not able to help. He gets the same reply as we get from the customer service. The last reply that we got is that we should contact them after Jan 2014 for an update.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 13, 2010.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 13, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on March 9, 2011.

4. Your file was transferred to the St Clair office on April 7, 2011. The St Clair office will contact you if additional information is required. The St Clair office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

5. We sent you a notice on April 20, 2011 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 13, 2011 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Effectively it has been now 3 years and 2 months in waiting....anybody else in same situation...
Well, this is bull. How much time had passed after test before she received RQ?

You may want to check this thread and discussion (I link to a post with a table), there are lots of people in similar position: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13758&PID=211192&title=post-test-rq-receipients-Only-since-2009#211192

Aamir89

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

My brother is in same position almost. He did write his citizenship test on Feb 2013 and after a month he was given a residency questionnaires. Unfortunately who has got residency questionnaires means they have to wait longer. On website it says 35 months. 35 months means from the day you applied I guess so.

I was lucky I don't get the questionnaires and I got the Oath ceremony this November. My citizenship total processing time was 7 months :). My brother applied 8 months before me he still in process so inshort everyone's case is different.

Good Luck I hope you get Oath letter very soon.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anuzgoel said:
Hi All,

She did get an RQ.

I just wanted to update you all that my wife's case is still pending and have not received any Oath letter till date. We have contacted local MP number of times. However he is not able to help. He gets the same reply as we get from the customer service. The last reply that we got is that we should contact them after Jan 2014 for an update.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 13, 2010.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 13, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on March 9, 2011.

4. Your file was transferred to the St Clair office on April 7, 2011. The St Clair office will contact you if additional information is required. The St Clair office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

5. We sent you a notice on April 20, 2011 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 13, 2011 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Effectively it has been now 3 years and 2 months in waiting....anybody else in same situation...
me three years...got RQ....nothing yet.

mladenka

Dec 9, 2013
Hi, I am also waiting for oath ceremony. I had a citizenship test on June 13, 2013. My application is in process about 28 months ( it was a routine application). I called cic many times and finally about three weeks ago an agent sent a notice to my local office in Saskatoon. They say the only problem is that here in Saskatchewan we only have one office in Saskatoon and they have to move from city to city for tests and ceremonies. It was funny because we only have ceremonies and tests in Saskatoon and Regina, which means they just have to move to one city. Should I contact MP's.Thanks.

bokkie

Sep 10, 2013
mladenka said:
Hi, I am also waiting for oath ceremony. I had a citizenship test on June 13, 2013. My application is in process about 28 months ( it was a routine application). I called cic many times and finally about three weeks ago an agent sent a notice to my local office in Saskatoon. They say the only problem is that here in Saskatchewan we only have one office in Saskatoon and they have to move from city to city for tests and ceremonies. It was funny because we only have ceremonies and tests in Saskatoon and Regina, which means they just have to move to one city. Should I contact MP's.Thanks.
mladenka, are you based in Saskatoon or Regina?

mladenka

Dec 9, 2013
I had a citizenship test in Regina, and I was told I will have the citizenship ceremony in Regina. I live in Yorkton area.

anuzgoel

Feb 2, 2011
Hi All,

I called the customer service again and they told me that my wife's file has been finalized on June 22, 2014 and sent to St.Clair office for Oath date. They also told me that the office has to give her an oath date in six months from the date the file has been finalized. Lets hope that there is no more delays now...keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks
Anuj