+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting Express Entry - What to do?

Spcky99

Feb 17, 2013
Hi guys,

My husband and I applied for CEC under Express Entry and just passed medical (Im principal applicant). We have TW visas valid until August 31, 2015.

1. What if we do not receive final decision by that time?
2. I can not extend my visa because I reached 4 years as temporary worker. What is my other option to continue working if I don't hear from immigration after my visa is expired?

I have no idea what to do no. I have only 1 month to do something and prevent us from staying in Canada with no status. We also have a 2 year old baby who is Canadian.

Thanks guys!

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you've reached the 4 year limit then your only option is to switch to a visitor. Send the application just before your visas expire to maintain a legal status but you can't work as visitors.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Spcky99 said:
Hi guys,

My husband and I applied for CEC under Express Entry and just passed medical (Im principal applicant). We have TW visas valid until August 31, 2015.

1. What if we do not receive final decision by that time?
2. I can not extend my visa because I reached 4 years as temporary worker. What is my other option to continue working if I don't hear from immigration after my visa is expired?

I have no idea what to do no. I have only 1 month to do something and prevent us from staying in Canada with no status. We also have a 2 year old baby who is Canadian.

Thanks guys!
You do have the option to apply to extend your stay as a worker, you could apply online and request a bridging work permit for you and an open wp for your husband . You can certainly stay and continue working if done properly. If you have doubts contact me by message .