AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
No problem :) yes I've had this medical issue from childhood. I don't travel. So while we have never met in the flesh, we have spent countless hours on camera talking. We talk through messenger from morning til night every single day never missing a day since Feb 2016. He's my life and I'm his. We desperately want to be together. Immigration must know people meet over the internet and fall in love. We met by chance on fb and starting innocently talking to each other and fell in love before we knew what hit us. Would anyone choose this difficulty? No but here we are.
Sorry for the long winded reply its just I have no one to turn to for help with this. so thank you all for your replies.
Don't worry, a good portion of us here are in the same situation. I met my wife online and we dated for four years (Canada - Europe as well) before getting married. However, we were lucky to be able to squeeze in a visit a year to make it easier. We also pretty much lived on Skype during those years, lol. Not a day went by without a call and our friends thought we were crazy for it. ;)

Immigration is absolutely familiar with this way of people meeting and falling in love and you don't have to worry about that in particular.

But you do have to be realistic and really prepare for this interview. You're not married, you've never met in person. They will be meticulous and will, of course, be primarily looking into marriage fraud (in this case obviously not literally marriage fraud hehe, but you know what I mean) and generally into the legitimacy of the relationship. Before the interview, gather all the proof you can, talk everything through, look online at other interview experiences (there's interview specific and conjugal specific threads here) so you know what to expect and try to maybe find some situations that exactly mirror yours to see how it went.

kate61

Sep 7, 2016
Category........
FAM
Did he actually apply and get refused a TRV? Have you ever met in person?
3 times we got refused for a visitor visa based on immigration's stipulations (money, property)
Don't worry, a good portion of us here are in the same situation. I met my wife online and we dated for four years (Canada - Europe as well) before getting married. However, we were lucky to be able to squeeze in a visit a year to make it easier. We also pretty much lived on Skype during those years, lol. Not a day went by without a call and our friends thought we were crazy for it. ;)

Immigration is absolutely familiar with this way of people meeting and falling in love and you don't have to worry about that in particular.

But you do have to be realistic and really prepare for this interview. You're not married, you've never met in person. They will be meticulous and will, of course, be primarily looking into marriage fraud (in this case obviously not literally marriage fraud hehe, but you know what I mean) and generally into the legitimacy of the relationship. Before the interview, gather all the proof you can, talk everything through, look online at other interview experiences (there's interview specific and conjugal specific threads here) so you know what to expect and try to maybe find some situations that exactly mirror yours to see how it went.
Okay. Thank you so much :) I was also told to order the notes done by the officer processing the application. I've done that. (haven't received them yet)

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
3 times we got refused for a visitor visa based on immigration's stipulations (money, property)

Okay. Thank you so much :) I was also told to order the notes done by the officer processing the application. I've done that. (haven't received them yet)
The fact that he got refused repeatedly is good for you, as it shows that you guys tried to meet (repeatedly), but were simply unable to due to immigration barriers. It works in your favor for sure.

The notes should also clear up some stuff for sure hopefully.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
No problem :) yes I've had this medical issue from childhood. I don't travel. So while we have never met in the flesh, we have spent countless hours on camera talking. We talk through messenger from morning til night every single day never missing a day since Feb 2016. He's my life and I'm his. We desperately want to be together. Immigration must know people meet over the internet and fall in love. We met by chance on fb and starting innocently talking to each other and fell in love before we knew what hit us. Would anyone choose this difficulty? No but here we are.
Sorry for the long winded reply its just I have no one to turn to for help with this. so thank you all for your replies.
Honestly, the fact that you have never met in person is a massive red flag, regardless of the reasons. I have never seen an app approved in this situation, so be prepared for that.

Reactions: YVR123
M

mikeymyke

I agree. There’s never been a successful app here where the couple has not at least met in person. You guys definitely have to at least meet in person once minimum, its quite difficult for them to accept the fact that someone could go through something as big as sponsorship without having met in person before

Reactions: YVR123

kate61

Sep 7, 2016
Category........
FAM
This application is suppose to be for people exactly like us!!....where circumstances prevent us meeting in person but we have committed our lives to each other. I guess we'll see what immigration decides. If they were going to reject us based on we've never actually been in the same room, I think they would have by now.

Last edited:

kate61

Sep 7, 2016
Category........
FAM
The fact that he got refused repeatedly is good for you, as it shows that you guys tried to meet (repeatedly), but were simply unable to due to immigration barriers. It works in your favor for sure.

The notes should also clear up some stuff for sure hopefully.
Yes I agree. Thank you

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
File Transfer...
29-08-2018
Med's Request
20-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
15-10-2018
This application is suppose to be for people exactly like us!!....where circumstances prevent us meeting in person but we have committed our lives to each other. I guess we'll see what immigration decides. If they were going to reject us based on we've never actually been in the same room, I think they would have by now.
I think the conjugal category is for people who can’t get married or establish a common law partnership due to legal/immigration barriers, not for people who can’t meet in person, maybe that’s why they’re having reservations and thus the request for an interview. Most likely they want to know “why” you’re committed to spending the rest of your life with and supporting for 3 years someone you haven’t met in person.

Reactions: np08

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
No, it's for people with legal/immigration barriers preventing marriage/cohabitation. An example is a same-sex couple where the foreign partner is from a country where homosexuality is illegal and they have been refused a TRV. The couple is unable to marry or become common-law there or in Canada.

Where is the applicant from? What are your ages, cultures, religions, education levels?

Reactions: np08

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Yeah, I think this is an enormous step to take with someone you've never met in person. And this doesn't come from some judgmental place - I was with my wife in a long distance relationship for a year before we met in person. I was absolutely in love, everything was great, but it didn't all sink in and go from 99% to 100% until we met. Some things you can't know until you've been in the actual presence of this other person.

I think it's understandable that this is a big red flag and the government understandably wants to protect its citizens and permanent residents from being victims of fraud or manipulation.

Like others have said, conjugal applications are for people who have met, but just can't marry or live together for 12 months for legal or immigration reasons.

@kate61 like I said earlier, you need to really prepare for this interview. I think the fact that this has been in process for this long and you weren't outright refused obviously means there's some hope, but definitely don't think it's a given. This situation is an outlier.

M

mikeymyke

Obviously we don't know your partner as much as you, but for your own benefit, you really need to see him in person, whether it's you making the trip or he does. The dynamic between two people can be drastically different between meeting online and in person. Are you able to see how comfortable he is when you hug or kiss him? Or how he treats you when you're out together or living together? Can you see how he reacts when you're out with his friends or vice versa? How does his family feel around you when you're eating dinner together? Does his family repeatedly ask if they're able to be sponsored when their son becomes PR (a big red flag that only you would know by meeting them). When you're online, it's very easy to be whomever you want to be, but when it comes to real life, this is where your true colors show with no filter.

Reactions: YVR123 and np08