+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vital information about CAIPS / GCMS notes!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
LOL....so is it "Better late than never" or "Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese?" Happy New Year!

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
LOL....so is it "Better late than never" or "Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese?" Happy New Year!
lolz.... ;D ;D

You got the cheese buddy.. ;D...really liked your sense of humour...

Happy New Year and a very merry Xmas to you dear...sorry for little late in wishing Xmas, I think I am the second mouse here.. :D

uscana

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2010
AOR Received.
5-12-2010
File Transfer...
10-12-2011
Med's Request
4-4-2012
Med's Done....
28-4-2012
Passport Req..
5-12-2012
hi all,
2 months back i have ordered my CAIPS and after 62 days i received it and i was shocked to see the .pdf document they have sent to me .
they scanned all the documents i have sent to them and sent it back to me(hilarious) in pdf format and there is one ruled page attached at the beginning and it has just 5 lines hand written, giving those details below. Is there any one who can help me decode these codes and i also observed that some of the pages are blocked under 19(1). don't know what that means.
there are dates mentioned against each of these lines and when i checked those are the dates when i received communication from them for FBI and med request
1. RCMP sent * 2
2. KI for
3. CE requet leter
4. RPI Prod FBI
5. DE med *2
After i order this notes i got PPR and i have sent PP to them for stamping, but i like to know what these codes are and why they took very long after meds to sent PPR as i couldn't draw any thing from my caips. let me know if i am missing any thing or need to check any thing.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uscana said:
hi all,
2 months back i have ordered my CAIPS and after 62 days i received it and i was shocked to see the .pdf document they have sent to me .
they scanned all the documents i have sent to them and sent it back to me(hilarious) in pdf format and there is one ruled page attached at the beginning and it has just 5 lines hand written, giving those details below. Is there any one who can help me decode these codes and i also observed that some of the pages are blocked under 19(1). don't know what that means.
there are dates mentioned against each of these lines and when i checked those are the dates when i received communication from them for FBI and med request
1. RCMP sent * 2
2. KI for
3. CE requet leter
4. RPI Prod FBI
5. DE med *2
After i order this notes i got PPR and i have sent PP to them for stamping, but i like to know what these codes are and why they took very long after meds to sent PPR as i couldn't draw any thing from my caips. let me know if i am missing any thing or need to check any thing.
Hi!

Did you select the CD option to get notes ? Looks like you selected wrong option "physical files" in section-B of IMM5563 when you ordered CAIPS ? Was it so ?

Ideally you should get GCMS notes and not CAIPS as for applicants who applied after May 2010 get GCMS.

A GCMS file looks like this...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17KrJmBgFUS4UakcSu8ecSQnZn0z9UGmxc9oJ7WOP4LM/edit?pli=1

If you want to check GCMS you should order again and in form IMM5563 tick

3) Email option to receive notes

In Section B- Information Requested, click

Electronic files then status of application then file no and location.

This time you will get correct notes.

Thanks

uscana

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2010
AOR Received.
5-12-2010
File Transfer...
10-12-2011
Med's Request
4-4-2012
Med's Done....
28-4-2012
Passport Req..
5-12-2012
Hey cocknbull,
appreciate your quick response. i received the file in CD. i checked the link you have sent and the file i received doesn't look any thing like that. may be i would have applied for a wrong file, not sure. Any way thanks for your advise and keep up the good work.

kan2008

Feb 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March, 2011
AOR Received.
July 14, 2011
File Transfer...
August 14, 2011
Med's Request
March, 08, 2013, Received April 08, 2013
Med's Done....
March 26, 2013
Interview........
Feb 04, 2013
Passport Req..
PPR1: September 02, 2013, PPR2: October 30, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-November, 2013
Hi cocknbull,

I need your help to understand the situation.

1- On Jan 08, 2013. I was asked to appear for the interview on 04 Feb, 2013 . I had less than one month to apply for GCMS notes to know the reason of the interview. Any way I applied for the GCMS notes on 08th Jan, 2013. And today I got the GCMS notes after the Interview which was successfully done. I got through the Interview that the VO was only interested to see my Educatonal Documents.

2- Now today I got the GCMS notes which state nothing special except talking about the "section(s) 16(1)(c)".

As they got satisfied during the interview And I guess the main concern was educational document because when I applied I had not provided the original degree (because the degree was not issued at that time by the university).

Do you think there should be any other concern as they talking about section(s) 16(1)(c)?
And do you think I should apply for GCMS notes again now?

Thanks.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kan2008 said:
Hi cocknbull,

I need your help to understand the situation.

1- On Jan 08, 2013. I was asked to appear for the interview on 04 Feb, 2013 . I had less than one month to apply for GCMS notes to know the reason of the interview. Any way I applied for the GCMS notes on 08th Jan, 2013. And today I got the GCMS notes after the Interview which was successfully done. I got through the Interview that the VO was only interested to see my Educatonal Documents.

2- Now today I got the GCMS notes which state nothing special except talking about the "section(s) 16(1)(c)".

As they got satisfied during the interview And I guess the main concern was educational document because when I applied I had not provided the original degree (because the degree was not issued at that time by the university).

Do you think there should be any other concern as they talking about section(s) 16(1)(c)?
And do you think I should apply for GCMS notes again now?

Thanks.
Hi!

Dear these interviews are more like formality interviews. I have seen GCMS of one of my friends who also appeared for interview in Abh Dhabi. There was no concerns in his file. I think they are merely doing these interviews to accomplish their internal requirement. As she said to you that the interview was successful so nothing can be more assuring than this. Stay calm and relax and you will get medicals.

S16(1)(c) refers to some sort of verification. It could be job, educational document, security etc. As you already got clearance in interview so I think you don't need to worry at all. Just allow some time to get medicals.

Don't apply for GCMS again as there will be nothing new.

All the best...

kan2008

Feb 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March, 2011
AOR Received.
July 14, 2011
File Transfer...
August 14, 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
March 26, 2013
Interview........
Feb 04, 2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
12-November, 2013
cocknbull said:
Hi!

Dear these interviews are more like formality interviews. I have seen GCMS of one of my friends who also appeared for interview in Abh Dhabi. There was no concerns in his file. I think they are merely doing these interviews to accomplish their internal requirement. As she said to you that the interview was successful so nothing can be more assuring than this. Stay calm and relax and you will get medicals.

S16(1)(c) refers to some sort of verification. It could be job, educational document, security etc. As you already got clearance in interview so I think you don't need to worry at all. Just allow some time to get medicals.

Don't apply for GCMS again as there will be nothing new.

All the best...
Thanks. appreciated

Smile Forever

Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
March 2011
File Transfer...
processing began in oct 2011
Med's Request
waiting......
Med's Done....
waiting.........
Passport Req..
waiting........
VISA ISSUED...
waiting.........
LANDED..........
still waiting........
alexchristi said:
Yes I have noticed that they covered the information about security verification in my GCMS notes.
please can you highlight which point did they state on ur GCMS..was it 15(1) or 16(1)...

thanks

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
loding said:
recently in one of your posts concerning caips Notes you had explained that RFV is the name of IO, but as per interpretation of www.caips.ca the abriviation RFV stands for Ready For Visa. So here what i would like to say is one has to have a good knowledge before answering.. sometimes such misinterpretation can be costly.
Pippin said:
Hi Ioding. We do our best on Forum and everyone has to accept that we are not experts. Cocknbull and others put in a lot of time to answer questions and sometimes we make a mistake. A quick google "RFV
immigration" comes up with the answer. Many people don't take the time to do a little footwork before posting questions. Thank you for doing their homework for them and giving us the correct answer. I had no idea what RFV meant. Hope everyone has RFV on their notes soon. Good luck.
Although the general concept for RFV is Ready For Visa ,but still no one can prove its authentication.We all just guess/assume with experience and using common sense.
We can say that RFV stands for Ready For Verification or just another code used among VO's.Anyhow Mr.cocknbull is working very hard to help applicants /forum members
and I really appreciate his efforts .
Well said Pippen.......+1 for pippen and cocknbull

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks pippin and kanamen for moral support. You people are gem of the forum. I must appreciate your endless efforts for others... :) . +1 for both... :)

Smile Forever

Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
March 2011
File Transfer...
processing began in oct 2011
Med's Request
waiting......
Med's Done....
waiting.........
Passport Req..
waiting........
VISA ISSUED...
waiting.........
LANDED..........
still waiting........
Kanamen said:
Although the general concept for RFV is Ready For Visa ,but still no one can prove its authentication.We all just guess/assume with experience and using common sense.
We can say that RFV stands for Ready For Verification or just another code used among VO's.Anyhow Mr.cocknbull is working very hard to help applicants /forum members
and I really appreciate his efforts .
Well said Pippen.......+1 for pippen and cocknbull
i strongly agree... cocknbull and pippen works really hard to answer any queries in the most genuine way...its hard to be an expert, yet their effort and the time they put in to answer our questions is highly appreciated...
....+1 for both cocknbull and pippen.......

kan2008

Feb 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March, 2011
AOR Received.
July 14, 2011
File Transfer...
August 14, 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
March 26, 2013
Interview........
Feb 04, 2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
12-November, 2013
Smile Forever said:
i strongly agree... cocknbull and pippen works really hard to answer any queries in the most genuine way...its hard to be an expert, yet their effort and the time they put in to answer our questions is highly appreciated...
....+1 for both cocknbull and pippen.......
We must appreciate the work being done by cocknbull and others. Well Done cocknbull keep it up. And we must understand that any information is posted here on this forum is not something official but a result of research and we must appreciate it.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Dear Cocknbull, Very well explained, I hope you are spending a lot ot time for solving problems of applicants, Allah will give you rewards. I appriciate it and +5 points
Nekeol

cocknbull said:
http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/inv_inv-gui-ati_gui-inv-ati_section_19.aspx

or

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/A-1/FullText.html

Section 19 - Personal Information

The Provision:

19(1) Subject to subsection (2), the head of a government institution shall refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains personal information as defined in section 3 of the Privacy Act.

Section 16 - Law Enforcement & Investigations - Security

16(1)(c)

information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information

Section 15-International affairs and defence

15. (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the conduct of international affairs, the defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada or the detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information

Dreamsaboutcanada

May 23, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
WGOAGVS
cocknbull said:
Hi!

Yes s19(1) has got nothing to do with verification. I have seen that in many notes. You will be ok. Only S16(1)(c) is dangerous and implies verification. Thanks

Sir in my gcms report which i got in july 2012, on many pages have s.15(1) & s.19(1) and on the last pages with latest note has s.16(1) (c). Now i requested for fresh one.

Pls suggest what is its mean.

Thanks in advance