+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vistor Visa- IRCC portal can't accept my documents

Doreen33

Apr 6, 2021
Hi, guys, I am pregnant and I want to help my mother to apply for a visitor visa. I'm so confused that IRCC portal only let me upload one file (docx.) last week and others all failed, and it shows "We don't accept this file format. Try again using one of these accepted formats: .tiff, .jpg, .png, .doc, .docx and .pdf.". But I definitely tried pdf, jpg and docx, and make sure each file is below 2MB. I didn't find anyone who has the same problem online. So what is the problem? Is it right to apply from IRCC Portal for a visitor visa? Thank you very much for your guys' supporting!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, guys, I am pregnant and I want to help my mother to apply for a visitor visa. I'm so confused that IRCC portal only let me upload one file (docx.) last week and others all failed, and it shows "We don't accept this file format. Try again using one of these accepted formats: .tiff, .jpg, .png, .doc, .docx and .pdf.". But I definitely tried pdf, jpg and docx, and make sure each file is below 2MB. I didn't find anyone who has the same problem online. So what is the problem? Is it right to apply from IRCC Portal for a visitor visa? Thank you very much for your guys' supporting!
Did you use this link to apply.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-visitor-visa/online-outside.html

It may also be your browser so use a different browser.

Doreen33

Apr 6, 2021

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
yes, I tried to sign in with GCkey, but when I log in it shows "Please select Continue to return to the Government of Canada online service.", then when I click continue it will jump out and come to Government of Canada website.
Are you using an updated browser. Older browsers will not work due to security issues.

Reactions: Doreen33

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
yes, I tried to sign in with GCkey, but when I log in it shows "Please select Continue to return to the Government of Canada online service.", then when I click continue it will jump out and come to Government of Canada website.
This happens from time to time also when I try to login, Tried using different browsers or Incognito mode but still same issue. Try again later, will randomly start working again.

Doreen33

Apr 6, 2021
This happens from time to time also when I try to login, Tried using different browsers or Incognito mode but still same issue. Try again later, will randomly start working again.
Yes, you're right! Thank you so much! Have a great life!

bhpuneet

Apr 18, 2018
Hi,
If anyone still faces this kind of issue, even uploading the correct format files.
We don't accept this file format. Try again using one of these accepted formats: .tiff, .jpg, .png, .doc, .docx and .pdf.

Please carefully see the name of your file which you are uploading.
File name should not contain any . before the extension .pdf
For Eg File name 1.passport.pdf will not be accepted. But the file name 1passport.pdf will be accepted without any issues.

danielnedefo

Dec 20, 2022
Hi,
If anyone still faces this kind of issue, even uploading the correct format files.
We don't accept this file format. Try again using one of these accepted formats: .tiff, .jpg, .png, .doc, .docx and .pdf.

Please carefully see the name of your file which you are uploading.
File name should not contain any . before the extension .pdf
For Eg File name 1.passport.pdf will not be accepted. But the file name 1passport.pdf will be accepted without any issues.
shit man,thx you a lot,love you,you are the best!!!!