+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

iaq07

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Derekjeeter said:
Hi Guys,

time line for my parents visit visa as follows.
App submitted- 7th July- Online
Passport request- 23rd August

will write update again after the return of passport.
Thanks for this forum which made it that much easier to apply and keep us sane while waiting for the update on the application.
congrats but how much bank statement in canadian dollar when u applied?

-BL-

Jul 25, 2016
Satish1988 said:
I applied on 24th June Online ,, Wanted to travel on 28th Aug but No Updates on the visa yet .
I have few questions
1) Can I upgrade to CAN+ . I did not know about CAN+ visa while applying, I hold Valid 10 year USA visa and have visited USA multiple times in last ten years ..
2) If the Visa is not processed in time , is there a method to 'Cancel the VISA' process ... or give up and wait till the final results .
My parents, who applied for visitor visa online from India in the 3rd week of June, got passport request on Aug 4. Passports sent to CIC Bangalore on Aug 5. No news since then.

I don't think either that CIC operates as per the travel dates mentioned by applicants. For instance, when my parents applied in June to travel in the first week of Aug, the approximate processing time as published on the CIC website was 23 days. But now it's almost 60 days and well past the travel date mentioned in the covering letter.

parvisingh said:
Applied online on 20th June. No update till date. I have quick question will they straight away send passport request would anybody know?
From what I can read here, parvisingh's case seems to be the oldest. Not sure if he received any answer ??

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
-BL- said:
My parents, who applied for visitor visa online from India in the 3rd week of June, got passport request on Aug 4. Passports sent to CIC Bangalore on Aug 5. No news since then.

I don't think either that CIC operates as per the travel dates mentioned by applicants. For instance, when my parents applied in June to travel in the first week of Aug, the approximate processing time as published on the CIC website was 23 days. But now it's almost 60 days and well past the travel date mentioned in the covering letter.

From what I can read here, parvisingh's case seems to be the oldest. Not sure if he received any answer ??
Sorry man I just saw your answer by chance. I am completely frustrated. American have guts these guys don't. My mom applied for US visa on the 2nd Aug from Delhi got appointment on the 16th Aug and passport given back on the 19th. Canadian are so risk averse. BC. I don't know what security check are they doing.

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
Satish1988 said:
I applied on 24th June Online ,, Wanted to travel on 28th Aug but No Updates on the visa yet .
I have few questions
1) Can I upgrade to CAN+ . I did not know about CAN+ visa while applying, I hold Valid 10 year USA visa and have visited USA multiple times in last ten years ..
2) If the Visa is not processed in time , is there a method to 'Cancel the VISA' process ... or give up and wait till the final results .
You could raise a request through case specific inquiry to withdraw application. They will acknowledge saying we have attached a copy on your file if the officer has not started working on your file you will get your money back.

-BL-

Jul 25, 2016
parvisingh said:
Sorry man I just saw your answer by chance. I am completely frustrated. American have guts these guys don't. My mom applied for US visa on the 2nd Aug from Delhi got appointment on the 16th Aug and passport given back on the 19th. Canadian are so risk averse. BC. I don't know what security check are they doing.
One speculation is that CIC offices, at least in India, are busy with student application for the session that begins in the first week of September. Not sure if that's true.

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
-BL- said:
One speculation is that CIC offices, at least in India, are busy with student application for the session that begins in the first week of September. Not sure if that's true.
Yes I can think of this as one of the excuse. But why always me. When I was a student I submitted my application on 24th Feb 2014 got application approval on June 24th after so many emails and visit to the embassy. :(

-BL-

Jul 25, 2016
parvisingh said:
Yes I can think of this as one of the excuse. But why always me. When I was a student I submitted my application on 24th Feb 2014 got application approval on June 24th after so many emails and visit to the embassy. :(
Four months - that's ridiculous! Sorry, buddy, I feed for you.

Ravi vashi

Oct 6, 2015
farazkapadia said:
I had applied paper application trv for my wife on july 28 at vfs Ahmedabad. It still shows processing at Bangalore. Anyone who applied around the same time got any update..?
I Applied on 4th August.. From ahmedaba vfs and still waiting. Do let us know when you receive yours

sheen

Aug 19, 2010
akshaygupta1717 said:
Hi what i heard about CAN+ Prog is that it is available for Indians and Mexicans who had been to US/Canada in past 10 Years, they have to submit less of the papers and there outcome of the visa application usually comes before others who applied normally... But this really depends on the officer who assess your documents.. Hope i will be of some help
Thank you :)

sampat111

Aug 24, 2016
I applied online. I have been asked to submit passport. Could I mail the passport to the VFS (VAC)? But according to VFS website they accept cash only, so how can we mail the passport to VFS (VAC)?