+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors visa to family class sponsorship?

Edenshelby

Dec 12, 2014
Hi, my boyfriend is dual nationality (half British, half Canadian) he has been living in England for the last ten years, which is were we met, but he has always wanted to move back to Canada. So in July we decided to come over here together to try it out together, since being here my partner has decided that he wants to stay, and for me to stay also. Because my 6 month visitors visa is almost up I will need to extend my visitors visa, but I am concerned that it may affect the sponsorship process if I have already applied to extend my visitors visa? The only reason we aren't sending off for the sponsorship things right away is because at this current time we do not have all he information we need or the funds to pay for it at the moment. As I don't want to outstay my visa! Any advice and help guys would be much appreciated! I'm new to all of this and it is pretty damn confusing!! :) :eek: :-X

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Edenshelby said:
Hi, my boyfriend is dual nationality (half British, half Canadian) he has been living in England for the last ten years, which is were we met, but he has always wanted to move back to Canada. So in July we decided to come over here together to try it out together, since being here my partner has decided that he wants to stay, and for me to stay also. Because my 6 month visitors visa is almost up I will need to extend my visitors visa, but I am concerned that it may affect the sponsorship process if I have already applied to extend my visitors visa? The only reason we aren't sending off for the sponsorship things right away is because at this current time we do not have all he information we need or the funds to pay for it at the moment. As I don't want to outstay my visa! Any advice and help guys would be much appreciated! I'm new to all of this and it is pretty damn confusing!! :) :eek: :-X
Have the two of you lived together for at least 1 FULL year? If you have not, you are not eligible to apply as his Common-Law partner until you have meet the 1 year requirement.

If you have met the requirement:
What did you write as your reason for the extension? Was it to prepare the sponsorship application?

If you have not met the requirement:
What did you write as your reason for the extension? Was it so that you can establish the required cohabitation?

If you have NOT yet sent in your visitor extension request, there's no reason not to mention your plan to apply for PR sponsorship.

Good luck!

Edenshelby

Dec 12, 2014
Hey! Yeah we have lived together for two years now! So we should be eligible, I have looked into everything to do with the sponsorship, and I'm sure we are ok with that and eligible for everything.

I haven't yet sent off for the extension on the visitors visa, we are planning on doing it this week, I was just worried about the reason for my extension! But if I can put that I am planning on allying for PR as a reason then that would be great!!

Thanks for the help, that's the main thing I was worried about :D

Cathy645

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
AOR Received.
01-08-2014
File Transfer...
01-08-2014. (AOR2. 26-09-2014)
Med's Request
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
19-10-2014 (Received by VO 02-11-2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-10-2014 (Decision made 07-11-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014 (received COPR 13-11-2014)
LANDED..........
15-11-2014 (landed at border in Osoyoos)
Edenshelby said:
Hey! Yeah we have lived together for two years now! So we should be eligible, I have looked into everything to do with the sponsorship, and I'm sure we are ok with that and eligible for everything.

I haven't yet sent off for the extension on the visitors visa, we are planning on doing it this week, I was just worried about the reason for my extension! But if I can put that I am planning on allying for PR as a reason then that would be great!!

Thanks for the help, that's the main thing I was worried about :D
Hi you can use common law partner as a reason for extending visa and you also can say you are waiting for PR if you submit PR before visa extension otherwise you don't need to mention PR.

Good luck

Edenshelby

Dec 12, 2014
Yeah I wouldn't of sent off for PR before I apply to extend the visa, but if I can use common law partner as a reason then that awesome!!

Thanks ;D

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Edenshelby said:
Yeah I wouldn't of sent off for PR before I apply to extend the visa, but if I can use common law partner as a reason then that awesome!!

Thanks ;D
If you could pay the PR sponsorship fees, before sending your visa extension (and include a copy of the receipt), that would certainly help.

It's not required, but it does show CIC that you're serious about applying for PR.

Edenshelby

Dec 12, 2014
That's the problem we have, we are very serious about applying for PR sponsorship, but because my partner has only recently started his job, and ofcourse I cannot work, we don't currently have the money to send off for the sponsorship before my visa runs out, that's why I was hoping that if I did apply to extend the visitors visa, it wouldn't affect the whole sponsorship process. Thankyou for the advice! It's all so. Implicated and strict haha! :eek: