+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa

Shriyant

Jan 28, 2020
I am applying for visitor visa for my parents and sister(21 years).
I hv d following documents:
Bank balance certificate showing CAD 12K
Property papers of shop
Tax returns
Can anyone suggest if these r sufficient nd wt else do i need ??

Shriyant

Jan 28, 2020
U need to prepare a proper invitation letter , ( attorney can do a formal one for u )
Ur bank balance, job letter, pay stubs, tax papers, ownership or rent agreement of ur house , ur PR CARD copy, passport copy ,
All the financial assets and cash from ur parents end back home, any life insurance policies if they have , income tax returns for the last 3 years if possible,
Thnk u fr ur reply.
Should i have specific amount in my bank account or it doesn't matter?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
U need to prepare a proper invitation letter , ( attorney can do a formal one for u )
Ur bank balance, job letter, pay stubs, tax papers, ownership or rent agreement of ur house , ur PR CARD copy, passport copy ,
All the financial assets and cash from ur parents end back home, any life insurance policies if they have , income tax returns for the last 3 years if possible,
TRVs are based on the assets of the visitor. There is absolutely no need to get a lawyer to write an invitation letter.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is CAD 12K enough from my parents nd soster's side ??
Unlikely especially if your parents have not travelled abroad to countries like US, UK, Australia, etc. I would encourage your parents to attempt to visit. They have a stronger chance.

Shriyant

Jan 28, 2020
Unlikely especially if your parents have not travelled abroad to countries like US, UK, Australia, etc. I would encourage your parents to attempt to visit. They have a stronger chance.
Can u explain wt exactly do u mean? I dont understand. Like r u saying that i should apply only fr my parents ??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can u explain wt exactly do u mean? I dont understand. Like r u saying that i should apply only fr my parents ??
Yes. 12 K is not a lot of money and your sister is unlikely to get approved unless she has very strong ties to her home country like well paying longterm job, own property, her own savings, etc. Have your parents ever travelled internationally before? How long have you been in Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would add that they should only apply for a visit of 2-3 weeks and don’t buy any tickets until they have confirmed visas.

Shriyant

Jan 28, 2020
Yes. 12 K is not a lot of money and your sister is unlikely to get approved unless she has very strong ties to her home country like well paying longterm job, own property, her own savings, etc. Have your parents ever travelled internationally before? How long have you been in Canada?
My sister is studying(bcom final year).
My parents have no travel history.
I hv been here for 10yrs nd my wife fr 3 years.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My sister is studying(bcom final year).
My parents have no travel history.
I hv been here for 10yrs nd my wife fr 3 years.
Your sister is essentially the one with very few ties to her home country and no savings. Why are you not considering a supervisa? Your parents can try for a TRV but they may not be approved.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would add that your parents should only ask for a 2-3 week visit and include a detailed day by day itinerary in their TRV application.

Shriyant

Jan 28, 2020
Your sister is essentially the one with very few ties to her home country and no savings. Why are you not considering a supervisa? Your parents can try for a TRV but they may not be approved.
Will supervisa include my sister(21 years old)?