+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa with Pending Application??

yaz22

Apr 10, 2013
Hey guys!! I could REALLY use some help with this one.

Here is my situation:
- I have a pending application for Permanent Residency under family class.
- My after-study work permit expires in June and cannot be renewed or extended.
- My pending application will still be pending come June, and probably at least until September, as I applied a little later than expected!
- I will be leaving Canada in early June, and will be coming back in the last week of June.

The question is, how do I re-enter Canada on a visitor visa? I live here but I won't be working until my residency is approved, but I need to come back because I live here and I'm planning on getting married here in August!!!!

So is it possible to 'flagpole' across the US border and get a visitor visa that way? I would really LOVE to do this if it's possible. Or even go to an immigration office and get a visa if possible.

Or do I have to fill out the appropriate forms and wait for 2 months until they're approved??

PLEASE HALP!!!

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
25-07-2013, AIP and DM Jul 11, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Is this an Inland application, if so then you are not allowed to leave the country, the immigration will revoke your application. You mention that your PGWP will expire, while waiting for the result of your application you need to have a valid status here in Canada. Because once you are approved you need to exit Canada with valid status then enter with permanent residency.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Yes, good question. I was going to ask . . . are you visa-exempt? What is your country of origin? And let's be clear, anytime you are anywhere NEAR a customs officer, you do NOT "live" here. Any hint given that you believe that, and they'll send you packing. You're better to stick with the other operative word . . . "visit", you know as in "visit visa".

yaz22

Apr 10, 2013
I applied for an out-of-country permanent residency, and sent my application through London, England. I am a citizen of both the UK and the US, but have been living in Canada for the past (almost) 6 years.