+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa through GC key

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi Guys, happy to share info with you . I have received PPR and correspondence letter today.
Application submitted: Dec 5th
Biometrics completed : Jan 3rd
PPR received : Feb 5th
Congratulations once again vishnu!

Are you a PR holder or on WP?

InCaAnRo

Jul 29, 2017
Hi Friends

I have applied for visitor visa through GC Key (Old portal) on 5 Dec 2021. Biometrics done on 10 Jan 2022.
Recently, I came to know that the visitor visa applications are processed faster through the new portal.
Has any one here applied through the old portal? Does any one know if IRCC is processing the visitor visa applications from old portal ? What is the expected timeline ?
Please help guys !
Did you hear any update?? Or review of eligibility started???

RinaM

Nov 3, 2015
Nope. Nothing after completing the biometrics.
Did you get any updates? What is the status of your application?

VisitorV

Dec 4, 2021
Hi, here is my mother's timeline for visitor visa using gc key from new delhi:
applied on- 13 October 21
Biometric done- 3 November
Biometric updated on- 7 December 21
In process since then.
It has crossed processing time already. She raised web forms and emailed delhi high commission as well, but all in vain.
We are thinking of re applying through new portal. The question is can we use the same bank statements as used when filled the application in October since they are valid till 6 months?
Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
Hi, here is my mother's timeline for visitor visa using gc key from new delhi:
applied on- 13 October 21
Biometric done- 3 November
Biometric updated on- 7 December 21
In process since then.
It has crossed processing time already. She raised web forms and emailed delhi high commission as well, but all in vain.
We are thinking of re applying through new portal. The question is can we use the same bank statements as used when filled the application in October since they are valid till 6 months?
Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
ircc has asked for 4 months statement, so it’s better to submit latest documents (especially financial documents) to be on safer side..i have seen the comments here, where people have submitted latest docs upon reapplying

VisitorV

Dec 4, 2021
ircc has asked for 4 months statement, so it’s better to submit latest documents (especially financial documents) to be on safer side..i have seen the comments here, where people have submitted latest docs upon reapplying
Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll make sure to add the latest information. My father applied with my mother. His application got approved within a month but my mother is still waiting.

Reactions: canadian321

soodyassh

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
Hi Friends

I have applied for visitor visa through GC Key (Old portal) on 5 Dec 2021. Biometrics done on 10 Jan 2022.
Recently, I came to know that the visitor visa applications are processed faster through the new portal.
Has any one here applied through the old portal? Does any one know if IRCC is processing the visitor visa applications from old portal ? What is the expected timeline ?
Please help guys !
Hello Rina, I applied through GC key Portal on Jan 16, 2022 , Biometric already done before. So no required now. I applied for my spouse who is in India.