+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Rejected. Should We reapply ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for the reply. In that case there are no family ties in India, the only thing we can show is property, funds and the pension she is getting from her employer. Quite worried and confused what to write as a solid reason.
Do post the list of documents she intends to submit when she's ready to reapply after a few months. Will be able to advise on how to present her strong ties

Reactions: Garv28

Garv28

Sep 22, 2017
Even if she gets a visa she will unlikely be able to stay indefinitely which you must have realized when applying for PR.
Yes, I know that, my sister lives nearby and is ready to move in once I leave. I have read about super visa as well, so thought, if she could get a visitor visa first.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes, I know that, my sister lives nearby and is ready to move in once I leave. I have read about super visa as well, so thought, if she could get a visitor visa first.
A super visa, too, won't allow her to stay indefinitely. It would be for a max. of 2 years (only on the initial entry, subsequent entries would be for 6 months' stays) + maybe a 6 months' extension

Garv28

Sep 22, 2017
A super visa, too, won't allow her to stay indefinitely. It would be for a max. of 2 years (only on the initial entry, subsequent entries would be for 6 months' stays) + maybe a 6 months' extension
Yeah, that is okay, she can travel in that case as she has to be in India once every year for her pension to continue.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yeah, that is okay, she can travel in that case as she has to be in India once every year for her pension to continue.
Would anticipate that if she comes back for repeated visits extension will become more difficult. All these visas are still visitor visas and are not intended so parents can stay in Canada full-time.

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

Seeing the above posts, I think your guidance can help me too in the following situation:
I landed in Canada with my husband in June 2019 and we both have a PR. I have my parents and 2 sis and 1 brother( one sis is married and the other two are in school) back in my home country, India
My parents applied for the visitor visa in the month of May 2019 and they appeared for Biometrics in June 2019. After 3 days of biometrics, they receive a rejection letter for 2 reasons saying " Canadian embassy are not sure if my parents are going to return back, and it said they have less financial assets". My parents have shown solid account balance and properties at home. My father is a businessman and mom is dependent on him. Since my brother and sister are studying and are dependent on my father so they will have to return in a few days time. I am concerned should I and when should I reapply for them? Again here I have 2 cases:
1. I have a PR card and a place to live but I don't have a job, so can I send them an invitation letter?
2. My parents have strong assets at home country, so can I apply for them saying that they can support themselves here in Canada with their own assets, while I am unemployed?
I look forward to hoping from you.
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Bryanna,

Seeing the above posts, I think your guidance can help me too in the following situation:
I landed in Canada with my husband in June 2019 and we both have a PR. I have my parents and 2 sis and 1 brother( one sis is married and the other two are in school) back in my home country, India
My parents applied for the visitor visa in the month of May 2019 and they appeared for Biometrics in June 2019. After 3 days of biometrics, they receive a rejection letter for 2 reasons saying " Canadian embassy are not sure if my parents are going to return back, and it said they have less financial assets". My parents have shown solid account balance and properties at home. My father is a businessman and mom is dependent on him. Since my brother and sister are studying and are dependent on my father so they will have to return in a few days time. I am concerned should I and when should I reapply for them? Again here I have 2 cases:
1. I have a PR card and a place to live but I don't have a job, so can I send them an invitation letter?
2. My parents have strong assets at home country, so can I apply for them saying that they can support themselves here in Canada with their own assets, while I am unemployed?
I look forward to hoping from you.
Thanks
I would recommend your parents wait 6-8 months before they reapply. By applying just before your landing, it make it look like you were trying to bring them with you to Canada. Wait until you have lived in Canada for 6-8 months, then have them reapply for a short visit (2-3 weeks).

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
I would recommend your parents wait 6-8 months before they reapply. By applying just before your landing, it make it look like you were trying to bring them with you to Canada. Wait until you have lived in Canada for 6-8 months, then have them reapply for a short visit (2-3 weeks).
Thanks for your suggestion, Another part of my question is, Can I send them an invitation letter while I am not employed, saying my parents can manage their expenses in Canada with their own financial assets?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your suggestion, Another part of my question is, Can I send them an invitation letter while I am not employed, saying my parents can manage their expenses in Canada with their own financial assets?
Yes but it would be much better if either you or your spouse is employed and decently established in Canada. Both spouses being employed would be better but it is all dependent on your savings and the salary of one spouse. What is really important to show is that you are settled in Canada and that your parents are coming for a short visit.

sumitkumaragg

Apr 21, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Spouse visa
App. Filed.......
4th may 2017
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Hopefully not required.
LANDED..........
God's Mercy
Do post the list of documents she intends to submit when she's ready to reapply after a few months. Will be able to advise on how to present her strong ties
Hi Bryanna,

You seem to be a pro (are you an immigration consultant)

My query:
I am a PR, live in Winnipeg, work in manufacturing company with decent salary. Got married in 2017, my wife moved to Canada in April'2018.
We are expecting baby in September end therefore i was trying to apply for My in-laws Visa.
Got a letter from MP that states i am inviting my In-laws as a surprise to my wife, as its been 2 years they have met, and that will give her moral support during delivery plus they are available to be a part of baby shower and Some hindu rituals we do after birth. i have attached my bank statements pr cards, employment letter.

In their request letter, they have mentioned that her father is lawyer with his practicing certificate from lawyers council. for her mother her insurance agent letter from LIC plus 15000 funds proof. applying for 2 months visit, they have 1 son back home studying law as well. this is how the letter reads. also attached the registry search document that states his name on property where he lives. my wife also works with RBC bank but cant mention that on invitation letter as that is a surprise to her.

************I am writing this letter to request to approve my main applicant name and my wife his wife Multiple Entry Visitor Visa for Canada with following details:

· My Son in Law, invitee name has invited us to come and spend time with our daughter, her name. (invitation letter is attached)

· Our dates of travel would be August 30th, 2019 with a return of October 27th, 2019.

· name and name are both Permanent Residents of Canada, they both are employed, invitee name works as Manufacturing Engineer and my daughter works at RBC Bank. (Documents attached)

· He has planned this visit as a surprise to my daughter as invitee name has not told her anything about the plan of visit, as he wants her to have that life time memory.

· It has been 2 years since we have met our daughter as she got married on 14th Feb 2017 and ever since she lived with invitee name or his parents.

· I am a Lawyer by Profession in (city where he practise) court, and my wife is self employed as an Insurance agent with LIC of India.

· We both have enough funds to support our trip. (Bank Documents attached)

· We both have our liabilities back in India either related to work or our family including my Son, Gaurav Gupta, that will bring us back as soon as possible. (documents attached)

· We would visit to spend some time with name-son in law and name-daughter, and our grandchild to be born which would give us a sense of satisfaction that they live a happy life.

I would like to close by requesting you that please grant me and my wife a visitor Visa and we assure that we will obey the terms and guidelines of the visa and return to our home country, India as stated. **********

Is thei something you would like me to change or any other advise or counter question. please.