+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Passport Stamping 2024 - India

Aug 7, 2020
Hello All,

here is my parents TRV situation

passport received by IRCC on July 3rd. When do you all think they will receive passport? They have travel planned on July 20th but we are yet to book tickets

tooba17

Jul 3, 2024
Is it possible to pick up the passport from vfs instead of them sending it via bluedart? I booked two way courier service but I don’t think I will have enough time for that.
can I somehow ask them to allow me to pick it up the day it reaches vfs?

jay21

Star Member
Apr 28, 2022
My timeline:
Passport Request Letter received: June 21
Passport Reached VFS : June 24
Passport received at IRCC(Under Process): June 25

Waiting for passport. Anyone in the same timeline? I have a flight to the US on 9th July. I am really getting worried now. I used the premium services and they said it will be complete within a week but it seems unlikely.
From the day we book for appointment, how many days does it take to get an appointment for passport submission at VFS Ahmedabad? In other words, what's a typical waiting days to get an appointment?

geenik2311

Jul 1, 2024
From the day we book for appointment, how many days does it take to get an appointment for passport submission at VFS Ahmedabad? In other words, what's a typical waiting days to get an appointment?
from past replies from other group members, seems like they are taking 10-12 working days to get it stamped. My wife's flight back to US is also next week and waiting for her passport from Canadian embassy.. it's really frustrating

tooba17

Jul 3, 2024
from past replies from other group members, seems like they are taking 10-12 working days to get it stamped. My wife's flight back to US is also next week and waiting for her passport from Canadian embassy.. it's really frustrating
Indeed! There is no way to even know when to reschedule the flight for. And rescheduling costs a fortune!

geenik2311

Jul 1, 2024
This is the trend that I observed from the messages in this thread

Under procees at IRCC: 18th June
Dispatch Email: 2nd July.

Under procees at IRCC: 20th June, 21st June
Received dispatch email on 4th July and 5th July.

that is approx 10 working days

So, I'm guessing that you could get your dispatch email on 9th - 10th July, or some time next week.
Do you anyone whose application is in process since June 21 and received the dispatched message?

pra17

Jul 5, 2024
No, it’s in process since 20th June, got update on portal last night.
After getting dispatch mail are they providing tracking number? how long does it take to start courier after receiving dispatch message? Is it starting from VFS delhi or directly from IRCC delhi?

UshaOP

Jul 4, 2024
After getting dispatch mail are they providing tracking number? how long does it take to start courier after receiving dispatch message? Is it starting from VFS delhi or directly from IRCC delhi?
It’s the same tracking number. But it gets activated only after 24 hours.