+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Sibling for Wedding

sahil857

Jan 12, 2019
Hello everyone,
Really need your advice.
My sister is 30 years of age, married and has a son.
We applied for her visitor visa in 2018 which was refused, applied again in 2022 may, refusal received again in November 2022, stating purpose and reason not consistent with financial status insufficient.
We applied again twice in 2023 with the help of reputable consultants and a strong profile.
More than $23k in account (before her money was in fixed deposits, which the consultants told us to liquidate).
I want to invite her and my nephew for my wedding in September 2023, which was the reason that I provided with hall bookings, photographer booking and a wedding card.
She is a self employed dentist in india and runs her own clinic, for the latest refusal we have a reconsideration request submitted and haven’t received a reply on that yet.
This is having a great mental toll on me as I really want her to be a part of my wedding, and I do not know how I can bring her here.
Lastly, she has received an invitation to apply under express entry which we will be submitting as well but I do not believe it will be processed by then.
Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to rectify this situation.
Thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,
Really need your advice.
My sister is 30 years of age, married and has a son.
We applied for her visitor visa in 2018 which was refused, applied again in 2022 may, refusal received again in November 2022, stating purpose and reason not consistent with financial status insufficient.
We applied again twice in 2023 with the help of reputable consultants and a strong profile.
More than $23k in account (before her money was in fixed deposits, which the consultants told us to liquidate).
I want to invite her and my nephew for my wedding in September 2023, which was the reason that I provided with hall bookings, photographer booking and a wedding card.
She is a self employed dentist in india and runs her own clinic, for the latest refusal we have a reconsideration request submitted and haven’t received a reply on that yet.
This is having a great mental toll on me as I really want her to be a part of my wedding, and I do not know how I can bring her here.
Lastly, she has received an invitation to apply under express entry which we will be submitting as well but I do not believe it will be processed by then.
Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to rectify this situation.
Thanks in advance.
She has six refusals? That is a lot. Did she apply along with her son? What were reasons for refusal? How long?

Given she has applied for PR, IRCC may be concerned she will not leave and just stay until she gets COPR. If she has $25k is that the same funds she is using for proof of funds for PR? That is another issue because she has to maintain funds for 3 people until PR so she would be spending that money for a visit to Canada.

sahil857

Jan 12, 2019
No she has 4.
But yes those are the same funds that will be shown for applying for PR as well, she hasn’t applied for it yet, just received an ITA.
She is applying with her son, yes.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No she has 4.
But yes those are the same funds that will be shown for applying for PR as well, she hasn’t applied for it yet, just received an ITA.
She is applying with her son, yes.
But were funds a reason for refusal? If so, there will be an issue as she has to maintain a certain balance for POF and now she wants to come to Canada for a holiday. POF for 3 is $20k so having $25K is not a lot of money.

sahil857

Jan 12, 2019
Yes, the funds were the only reason provided.
So just apply for PR I guess and hope it gets processed within 4 months LOL.
Do you think these refusals affect the PR application as well?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, the funds were the only reason provided.
So just apply for PR I guess and hope it gets processed within 4 months LOL.
Do you think these refusals affect the PR application as well?
No impact on PR but she must mention all refusals. When applying for PR, she must show 6 months of bank statements of funds of at least $20k if there are 3 people in their family.

sahil857

Jan 12, 2019
Thankyou @Naturgrl
Much appreciated!
Also, do you think is there any other way, I can call her here for the wedding? Having dual intent shouldn’t be a reason for refusals?
Lastly, is there a chance that her application will be processed by September if we submit it within the next few days?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thankyou @Naturgrl
Much appreciated!
Also, do you think is there any other way, I can call her here for the wedding? Having dual intent shouldn’t be a reason for refusals?
Lastly, is there a chance that her application will be processed by September if we submit it within the next few days?
She needs to show strong tie of home country. So she will return from this trip.
Showing MORE ties and reason to come to Canada will not make her case stronger.
It's the opposite. With so many refusals and not a lot of changes in the situation, I don't think her chance of getting TRV is high.

Seldom see PR approved in 4 months.