+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for parents with valid biometrics

sm1021

Apr 19, 2021
Hello all. I have applied for my parents visitor visa on February 12th 2021.
They already have valid biometrics submitted from a previously expired visitor visa that are valid until 2029.

The wait time for visitor visa on the website says 6 months.
Has anyone else been in a similar situation where biometrics is not required and received visitor visa in 6 months?

We are hoping they are able to come by end of September as we are expecting a baby.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all. I have applied for my parents visitor visa on February 12th 2021.
They already have valid biometrics submitted from a previously expired visitor visa that are valid until 2029.

The wait time for visitor visa on the website says 6 months.
Has anyone else been in a similar situation where biometrics is not required and received visitor visa in 6 months?

We are hoping they are able to come by end of September as we are expecting a baby.
Have you contacted the covid email to flag their application?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No I have not. Is that something we have to update in the Application? Any info appreciated.
You essentially flag your parents TRV applications for priority processing because they can travel instead of being processed with all potential visitors many who can not travel at the moment due to the travel restrictions. As a pregnant woman it is very important that your parents be able to quarantine where they can’t expose you to covid like a basement or an Airbnb/hotel.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#instructions

ircc.covid-travelexemptions-exemptionsdevoyage-covid.ircc@cic.gc.ca

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
You essentially flag your parents TRV applications for priority processing because they can travel instead of being processed with all potential visitors many who can not travel at the moment due to the travel restrictions. As a pregnant woman it is very important that your parents be able to quarantine where they can’t expose you to covid like a basement or an Airbnb/hotel.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#instructions

Sorry to correct you but they have closed down this email adress. However, they started new webform submission. Everything will be the same so instead emailing them one just need to answer question on webform with proof. Webform link is available here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#instructions

sm1021

Apr 19, 2021
Sorry to correct you but they have closed down this email adress. However, they started new webform submission. Everything will be the same so instead emailing them one just need to answer question on webform with proof. Webform link is available here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#instructions
Thank you! I will check this. Will this give them a one time entry visa? Or will they process the regular visitor visa?

sm1021

Apr 19, 2021

Thank you!

AshwinL

May 26, 2017
No I have not. Is that something we have to update in the Application? Any info appreciated.
Send an email to this id IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca with below information. Make sure you send the email from your registered email in the account.

• your full name
  • your date of birth
  • if you have an application in process
  • how you applied for your visa (online or by paper)
  • your application number and unique client identifier (UCI)
  • your passport number
  • a detailed reason for travel
  • the dates you plan to travel
  • where you live now (current country of residence)
  • your supporting documents to show you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
Send an email to this id IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca with below information. Make sure you send the email from your registered email in the account.

• your full name
  • your date of birth
  • if you have an application in process
  • how you applied for your visa (online or by paper)
  • your application number and unique client identifier (UCI)
  • your passport number
  • a detailed reason for travel
  • the dates you plan to travel
  • where you live now (current country of residence)
  • your supporting documents to show you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time
IRCC has stopped this method. They have started new webform instead email.

Reactions: absingh

sm1021

Apr 19, 2021
IRCC has stopped this method. They have started new webform instead email.
Thank you. For the detailed reason for travel for help with pregnancy, will I need to provide some evidence of pregnancy? If yes, what can I provide as a proof?

NewbieToronto

Mar 1, 2021
Hi, please let me kniw if anyone submitted webform. My parents given biometrics in nepal around 2 weeks ago and no updates from cic yet

thank you in advance

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
Thank you. For the detailed reason for travel for help with pregnancy, will I need to provide some evidence of pregnancy? If yes, what can I provide as a proof?
Yes you need to show proof. I think doctors latter would do it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is this a normal pregnancy? If it is you can just specify you would like to visit your daughter and her family after a separation due to covid. Paying to get a letter from her doctor will not add much and could hurt you because if you specify that you will clean and cook for her that can be viewed as working illegally. A normal pregnancy does not usually benefit a TRV application if you meet the fundamentals to qualify for a TRV like parents having enough funds, having strong ties to their home country, etc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, please let me kniw if anyone submitted webform. My parents given biometrics in nepal around 2 weeks ago and no updates from cic yet

thank you in advance
It can take a while to update an application. I would imagine it will updated this week although with closures hitting India there may be delays. If it hasn't been updated by next week I would send in a webform.