+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa applied online for spouse in China

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
O_guy said:
You use isolated cases and think they are the norm. In another forum, you used what one man did as a proof to say people immigrate out of Canada and move to third world countries. And in this forum, you are using your relative's case a proof to say VAC is faster than online.

The fact is, online applications go straight to CIC whereas application that are submitted to VAC go through an extra step. After you submit it to VAC, then VAC mails it to the Canadian visa office responsible for that area. Common sense tells you that online is faster. You look at isolated case and assume it is the norm.
I did not use isolated cases and think they are the norm. Let me copy and paste what you wrote in the other thread:
O_guy said:
Employment opportunities, health, safety.....you think a Canadian man would quit his job and give up free healthcare to live in a third wold country in South East Asian, Africa, Middle East, or South America. You actually think someone would immigrate out of Canada and into a third wold country?
If you compare to what you wrote and the article, you would see this is the fact - some people choose to immigrate out of Canada and move to third world countries. Whether or not you recognize this fact, it's none of my business. 8)

Perhaps, it was you that think a Canadian man would not quit his job to live in a third world country and think this is the norm. I wanted to point out that your common sense was wrong.

Believe it or not, VAC is still faster (at least in my relatives' case compare to the OP). There is nothing to do with the norm.

largowinter

Sep 5, 2013
Good News! My husband got his visa approved! He doesn't know exactly how long yet he will get but he will be able to pick up his passport tomorrow from the Visa Centre in Shanghai!

I'm overjoyed at the news and just thought that I would share with you all.

His online application is still there. Hanging around in cyberspace. Still there. Even after his visa has been approved through the visa centre, his previous there is still there. He also wrote to them to withdrawal but there's no news. So I guess it is possible to apply for another visa even when you have an online application.

I don't know if it is most effective to apply personally or through a company. But I do think in the case of China, for my husband, it was wayyyyyy more effective to apply through the visa company. Although I bet if he had just applied in person at the Shanghai visa centre, that might have worked as well. I'll let you know how long his TRV is for.

Thanks for all the suggestions and support!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats! Hope you can get a refund from CIC on the first application fee payment.

kmbcheun

Oct 2, 2013
Congrats Largowinter! Would you be so kind to advise us on the name of the visa company you've retained as well as the fees involved?
Also, while I'm very happy for you that you've found the love of your life, I would just like to confirm that when you mention "husband", are you two officially married in China?
I'm facing similar situation, but me and my spouse-to-be are not officially wed yet. I wonder if the marriage certificate would have a bearing on the TRV application.
Greatly appreciate your help in advance!