+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa application

Khadija

Sep 7, 2012
hello,

i am planning to apply for Canadian Temporary visitor visa next week but also have some very important business travel scheduled next month. is it possible that i apply for the visa submit all required documents and request passport returned the same day and return the passport after i am back from the business trip..??
i called the Canadian embassy in Pakistan to ask the same but they said we need to write a letter to get this information, they do not provide it on phone. if so, how can i write a letter and address it to who..?

babarkheli

Sep 7, 2012
There is no other option to contact them. Either email or fax. I recommend get your business trip first and then after that apply for Canada's visit visa as they take a very long time nowadays to get the case processed. And it's very hard to contact them just in case if you need your passport back.
Even if you email them you get an automated reply that your concern will be answered in 14 business days. That means 3 weeks.
So better have your passport with you, to be on the safe side if you really need to get a business trip.

Khadija

Sep 7, 2012
thanks, but the problem is that business trips are very frequent. last year i applied at Australian embassy and they returned the passport for travelling and after all the process asked for the passport back.
the new zealand consulate at Karachi is also not answering their phone. :(