+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor trying to cross the border for work permit stamp

Phoenix1219

Oct 10, 2012
Hi! Can someone pls give me info of the possibility/chances of getting a work permit stamp/refusal by crossing d border? Im currently here w/ visitor's visa, found a job ang got lmo, so im planning to cross d border to get my work permit stamp so that i don't need to leave anymore. What do i need to do, bring with me, questions and things that i need to be prepared of? I would highly appreciate any response. Thank you.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Do you need visa to enter Canada? If you don't need a visa to enter Canada and your job type does not require medicals (not along lines of health/food type of job), you should be okay.

Phoenix1219 said:
Hi! Can someone pls give me info of the possibility/chances of getting a work permit stamp/refusal by crossing d border? Im currently here w/ visitor's visa, found a job ang got lmo, so im planning to cross d border to get my work permit stamp so that i don't need to leave anymore. What do i need to do, bring with me, questions and things that i need to be prepared of? I would highly appreciate any response. Thank you.

Phoenix1219

Oct 10, 2012
job_seeker said:
Do you need visa to enter Canada? If you don't need a visa to enter Canada and your job type does not require medicals (not along lines of health/food type of job), you should be okay.
My job will be as a kithen helper

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Do you need a visa to enter Canada? If you need a visa and your visa is not that of a worker, you can't apply for the WP at the border. You also need medicals.

Phoenix1219 said:
My job will be as a kithen helper

pinwin

Oct 14, 2012
Hello there, job_seeker, just a question, I have a tourist visa or temporary resident permit as they call it, because I'm from a visa required country. Do you mean it is not possible for me to apply for a work permit at the port of entry even if i have LMO and stuffs?

pinwin

Oct 14, 2012
job_seeker said:
Do you need a visa to enter Canada? If you need a visa and your visa is not that of a worker, you can't apply for the WP at the border. You also need medicals.
Hello there, job_seeker, just a question, I have a tourist visa or temporary resident permit as they call it, because I'm from a visa required country. Do you mean it is not possible for me to apply for a work permit at the port of entry even if i have LMO and stuffs?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
As far as I know, for holders of a TRV-V (visa pasted on the passport), initial WP applications should be done at a visa office outside Canada. It may be different if you are a holder of a TRP (Temporary Resident Permit) holder, that is you hold in your possession a document that is marked TRP.

pinwin said: