+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting visa through an agent on 23rd march but no update till now: Please help

Kiran_somani

Apr 10, 2015
Hi all,
I applied for TRV through an agent. According to them they have submitted my application online on 23rd March 2017, but still no update. My consultant didn't provide me any tracking detail or file number. They said they can not provide me tracking detail as my file from their portal.
Is biometric required for me? I saw on CIC website for Indian nationality biometrics is not required but, my agent said its required as I am living in KSA, so I am confused. Please guide me.
I asked my agent for submission letter, but they are not providing that also.Is there any other way to find whether they submitted my file or not?
I don't know, whether agent get any file or tracking number after submission or any submission letter from CIC or any confirmation which they can give to their client?
I want to visit Canada in July first week.Please help me.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Kiran_somani said:
Hi all,
I applied for TRV through an agent. According to them they have submitted my application online on 23rd March 2017, but still no update. My consultant didn't provide me any tracking detail or file number. They said they can not provide me tracking detail as my file from their portal.
Is biometric required for me? I saw on CIC website for Indian nationality biometrics is not required but, my agent said its required as I am living in KSA, so I am confused. Please guide me.
I asked my agent for submission letter, but they are not providing that also.Is there any other way to find whether they submitted my file or not?
I don't know, whether agent get any file or tracking number after submission or any submission letter from CIC or any confirmation which they can give to their client?
I want to visit Canada in July first week.Please help me.
Hi,

Your agent is fooling you. And, I would stop using them as your authorized representative.

It does not matter where you live, it's your passport that's important. You do NOT need to give biometrics as an Indian citizen even if you live in KSA.

Yes, you do get a tracking number after you apply for a TRV.

1. Did you sign the 'Use of a Representative' IMM 5476E form authorizing them to be your authorized representative?

2. Is your agent a recognized immigration consultant. You can check here:
http://iccrc-crcic.info/

Cheers

Kiran_somani

Apr 10, 2015
1. Yes, I signed use of representative form.

2. Yes, he is a recognized immigration consultant.

Does consultant suppose to send us file or tracking number? or they manage it at their end and inform us if there is any update?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Kiran_somani said:
Does consultant suppose to send us file or tracking number? or they manage it at their end and inform us if there is any update?
The consultant can check for updates/manage correspondence with the visa office on your behalf.

Your consultant doesn't seem to have a clue about the TRV process. They have given you incorrect information about biometrics, not responding to your queries/calls, etc.

I would ditch the consultant as you have no idea if CIC has requested any additional documents or sent you a passport request.

If you choose to handle your application on your own (hopefully the consultant has submitted your application in the first place), you can complete Section C of the same IMM 5476E form i.e. Cancel the Use of a Representative.

You must then upload this filled form through a Case Specific Enquiry:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Bigal653

Jan 13, 2015
When you apply for Visitor Visa, after you paid the fee, you need to recieve a confirmation letter from ircc (cic).
Ask your representetive to provide you this letter, in this letter it shows when your application submited and your application number.

If he refuses to provide you this, demand a refund, becouse he is scaming you.