+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit

May 25, 2017
Hello
I want to know that if I have a visit visa can I apply for permanent resident from inside canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - you can apply while you are visiting Canada if you meet the requirements of one of Canada's immigration programs.. Your application will need to be sent to the visa office outside of Canada responsible for your home country.

Applying won't allow you to remain in Canada however.

May 25, 2017
Yes - you can apply while you are visiting Canada if you meet the requirements of one of Canada's immigration programs.. Your application will need to be sent to the visa office outside of Canada responsible for your home country.

You mean that if I apply for permanent recidence I have to come to my home country ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You mean that if I apply for permanent recidence I have to come to my home country ?
It means that applying for PR doesn't automatically allow you to stay in Canada. If you want to remain in Canada while you wait for your PR application to be processed, you will need to apply to extend your visitor visa. It will be up to CIC if your visitor visa extension is approved. So yes - there's a chance you may have to return home after you apply for PR to wait out processing there.

RajV

Jun 25, 2018
I would like to apply a visit visa to Canada. Should i apply as tourist having no relatives in Canada? In fact i have my friend close relative living in Canada, who can provide sponsorship letter if needed,

Please advise the best option that would help me getting Visit visa.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I would like to apply a visit visa to Canada. Should i apply as tourist having no relatives in Canada? In fact i have my friend close relative living in Canada, who can provide sponsorship letter if needed,

You are a tourist. You say “my friend close relative” so not sure what that means. There is no such things as sponsorship for a visitor visa. The person can write a letter of invitation to say you are visiting them.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Based on your previous posts your parents and brother live in Canada. Is that not the case? What about your application for PNP?

RajV

Jun 25, 2018
Just wanted to keep the story short but any ways, Let me elaborate here. I am on work permit and is getting married in 1st qtr 2022 from INdia. And you know bringing spouse is time taking. So am asking my fiancé to apply visit visa now (As the processing time for this is also around 6 months). So that after marriage she may come on visit visa and then from here we will apply PR together keeping the spouse in Canada through visa extension.

Hence the question came if she should apply as tourist declaring no relative or if myself or my parents should issue a sponsor/invitation letter as a close friends to attain her visit visa.

Please advise the best option or if there is any other better route to bring her after marriage ASAP.

Last edited:

RajV

Jun 25, 2018
I am on work permit and is getting married in 1st qtr 2022 from India. Bringing spouse under sponsorship category is time taking. So am asking my fiancé to apply visit visa now (As the processing time for this is also around 6 months). So that after marriage she may come on visit visa and then from here we will apply PR together keeping the spouse in Canada through visa extension.

Could anyone please help me understand, if I should ask her to apply as tourist declaring no relative or if myself or my parents (in PR status) should issue a sponsor/invitation letter as a close friends. If this increases the chance of getting Visit visa.

Please advise the best option or if there is any other better route to bring her after marriage ASAP.

RajV

Jun 25, 2018
Not yet dear.
I got married in May'2022 and just applied a visit visa for my Spouse through new IRCC portal. the earlier application as a tourist visa applied should automatically be cancelled. As mentioned, i am on work permit. Can some one help me understand the process and probability?

hasan78

Jul 13, 2022
Hello
I want to apply for a visit visa from UAE, Dubai.
Is it possible to get a visit visa? I have Emirates residency ID. And my nationality is Bangladesh.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello
I want to apply for a visit visa from UAE, Dubai.
Is it possible to get a visit visa? I have Emirates residency ID. And my nationality is Bangladesh.
Yes. You need to show funds, travel history to the UK, NZ, AUS or US, ties to country and purpose of visit. Not living in country of birth will work against you.

RajV

Jun 25, 2018
I got married in May'2022 and just applied a visit visa for my Spouse through new IRCC portal. the earlier application as a tourist visa applied should automatically be cancelled. As mentioned, i am on work permit. Can some one help me understand the process and probability?

I got rejection of my old application (Tourist visa applied before marriage) on August 4. Is this because my Spousal application in new IRCC portal? Because the reason of rejection does say anything about my new application.

My spousal visit visa application submitted (online) on July 4th is still intact. Any guidance on time lines?