+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISIT VISA related questions..... .urgent

anusai

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
My husband just got his Indian passport renewed. His canada tourist visa is now in his old passport and is valid till Dec 2020.

He wants to fly to Canada carrying both the passports.

My question is

1) will he face any problem with the airlines?
2) will he have any problem at the immigration Canada?

I read somewhere that the airline generally hold you for a long time if the visa is on the old passport. They sometimes have to check with the Immigration Canada.
this causes a delay at the airport and the passenger has to wait at the gate and not allowed to board unless they receive a reply.

Also He might face delay even at the immigration Canada when he lands in Toronto.

3) Can he request the embassy to transfer the visa on his new passport. .... If yes, what is the procedure and how long will it take?

4) Can he apply for a new TOURIST VISA when the old Tourist visa is still valid?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My husband just got his Indian passport renewed. His canada tourist visa is now in his old passport and is valid till Dec 2020.

He wants to fly to Canada carrying both the passports.

My question is

1) will he face any problem with the airlines?
2) will he have any problem at the immigration Canada?

I read somewhere that the airline generally hold you for a long time if the visa is on the old passport. They sometimes have to check with the Immigration Canada.
this causes a delay at the airport and the passenger has to wait at the gate and not allowed to board unless they receive a reply.

Also He might face delay even at the immigration Canada when he lands in Toronto.

3) Can he request the embassy to transfer the visa on his new passport. .... If yes, what is the procedure and how long will it take?

4) Can he apply for a new TOURIST VISA when the old Tourist visa is still valid?

Thanks
1. No.

2. No.

3. No.

4. Yes but no point since he can travel perfectly fine on the valid TRV.