+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Darlyn Tanas

Jul 2, 2024
Hello everyone.
There was a typo when we applied for my brother's visitors visa. I noticed the wrong year of birth when we received the biometric letter for him. I sent a webform but haven't heard anything yet. What is the time line after submitting a webform? Also, can he still do the biometrics despite the incorrect dates on the letter? Will they send us a new BIL if a correction to be made? Thank you all in advance!

Reactions: jay21

jay21

Star Member
Apr 28, 2022
‼ Please Answer ‼

VFS Ahmedabad deny to take passport due to name mismatch. I only have one week left now.

Details:
Applied for Supervisa from outside Canada.
Applied On : 28/May/2024
Passport request: 20/June/2024

IRCC has put maiden(before marraige) name on passport request letter instead on what’s on passport. Rest of the details including UCI no. and Application no., address all info are correct.

However, initial application submission letter has correct name, which was issued by IRCC too.

I sent webform on 20th June but didn’t receive any reply from IRCC & only 30 days to send passport for visa stamping.

VFS Ahmedabad deny to take passport due to name mismatch. I only have one week left now.

What should I do? Any advice?

I am thinking to send it through VFS mumbai via courier. Will they take it?

IRCC doesn’t talk on call for outland visitor visa application.

AJobi

Apr 28, 2016
Hello,

I submitted my parent's visit visa application last September 7, 2021. I used the new IRCC Portal. If anyone is on the same boat, let's share insights and updates.

September 7 - Application Submitted
September 10 - Biometrics done

No request for medical as of the moment. Intended to stay for less than 6 months, but hoping to travel this november 2021.
Good morning sir ,
I’m 44 years from Nigeria would like to apply for visit visa to Canada
so
I will like to know which of these two applications page to use that very fast in process visiting visa ( IRCC secure account or IRCC Portal ) ?