+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Success and some FAQ.

tusharnayyer

May 29, 2013
Well I got my visa for 2 years ( 2 1/2 year actually).

Let me detail what I did step by step.

My profile
10 th = 70.14 %
12 th = 66.18 %
BBA = 51.44 % ( 1 backlog, cleared in next yr)
ielts = 7.5 bands (r-8.5, l-7.5, w-6.5, s-7)
My present location - Ahmedabad

work experience = 3 yrs sales and sales training (Bose corporation)

College - North Island College (2 years Post Degree Diploma in Business Mgmt.)
Location - Comox Valley, Vancouver Island - BC

Potential issues in my profile

- 4 years gap between 10 and 12 ( yes, I was young and wasn't serious about studies)
- Less marks in BBA ( apparently mine was less than 50 %, however it is implied that Visa officials look at the overall university percentage which is summation of theoretical and practical marks)
- Work ex might be potential deterrent as it shows I may not be a serious candidate in eyes CIC owing gap in studies.
- I dont know how much it matters, but when I applied I was 27 and well its always generically understood the more the age the lesser the inclination of studies .

Potential Strong points on my success.

- Good IELTS score - 7.5 bands ( got re-valuated later on and it came to 8 bands )
- Although I said earlier work-ex may be taken as a potential gap in studies but mind you, I didn't work in lala / aaltu faaltu company.
I worked with Bose corp, which is a North American company and hence my work ex doesn't look fake or non credible.
- Although I wanted to take up HR however took up a course which is more relevant to my earlier education and overall work related.
- I applied on 28 May, full 3 months earlier of the programme initialization.

Agent Details.

- Canam
- Satisfaction score - 7/10
- Would I recommend them - Yes and No

Yes - If you are informed student and knows CIC rules and regulations
- If you want the paper work done optimally.
- He didnt charge me a penny.
- Canam is an authorised CIC consultant.

No - If you are not a informed student and would be completely laid back thinking any agent would sail you through.
- You think agent is the messiah and will do all you paperwork.
- You supply forged, inaccurate documents.

I got my Visa in 4-5 days and honestly I wasnt really that excited. I felt at this age this may not be a right decision rebooting my entire career and I am still in that dilemma.
However honestly Canadian visa is straight through if papers are complete and your IELTS is fine

Key pts to success.
- Correct paperwork and right balance showed (GIC and 1 sem fee showed)
- I cannot stress enough to apply earlier as much as possible ( my file was ready by April for May intake and agent pushed me to apply asap but I thought that period would be too short)
- Good IELTS score, I sincerely believe my score offset / balanced any disadvantage on my overall education profile
- Lala company = failure, avoid showing faaltu work ex. Visa officials are experienced enough.

FAQ

How much funds I showed ?

- GIC + 1sem fee approx 16000 CAD

Can GIC be forego-ed ?

- No

Why BC ?

1) Easier residency relative to Ontario.
2) Much better weather.

Why NIC and this programme ?

1) I am expecting this college to be less multicultural = more Canadian experience rather than home away from home experience.
2) 2 years course = 3 PGWP
3) Course is directly related to my field of study and work ex.
4) Has 1 semester internship component.

SOP

I believe SOP is more overhyped than how necessary it is. Canam gave me a generic format which they give it everyone and I just spent 5 minutes and wrote something. Majority of the stuff was allready written which would have been used by thousands of students who would have gone through them. I didnt even explain my gap, just wrote why I chose NIC and my current profile & rewrote some stuff ,thats about it. Dont fret over sop, just keep it condensed. Plagiarism of SOP can lead to your visa rejection hence I am not sharing it.

Is canam really authorised by CIC, CHC, CBA......inshort Canadian govt ?

Since someone point this, well for the info of others

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visa-success-and-some-faq-t226168.0.html;msg3282537#msg3282537

P.S. According to canam mine was a 50-50 case and chances were not bright. They told me to look at Australia and New Zealand as alternatives. And now they credit my success to above success factors.

Update - They just called me to advise their future students on what to do and not to while applying. My future looks bright as a consultant ;D faaltu mai Canada jaake paisa gavara hun :D

I am flying on 27 august via jet airlines. People going ahead for the same can connect with me. Kindly message me your numbers or alternatively connect with me on tushar.nayyer @ gmail.com

Feel free to ask relevant questions. Ill update important questions on the topic itself.

Thank you.

inder009

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Canada
This is the best thread i have ever read on this forum in recent times . fully informative and motivating for all of us .. Thanks a lot bro . and gud luck for ur future

parul154

Feb 25, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-07-2014
Med's Done....
10-06-2014
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
Submitted pp with application (paper based)
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
tusharnayyer said:
Congratulations for getting ur visa :) :)
Its one of the best possts I have come across
One ques:
GIC+First sem fees is sufficient , ot do i need to show bank statemnts , ITR etc?

Can u give some tips for SOP as well , and share ur SOP at parul154@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

princekmasih

Star Member
Jun 8, 2014
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-08-2017
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
LANDED..........
29-12-2017
tusharnayyer said:

Let me detail what I did step by step.

My profile
10 th = 70.14 %
12 th = 66.18 %
BBA = 51.44 % ( 1 backlog, cleared in next yr)
ielts = 7.5 bands (r-8.5, l-7.5, w-6.5, s-7)
My present location - Ahmedabad

work experience = 3 yrs sales and sales training (Bose corporation)

College - North Island College (2 years Post Degree Diploma in Business Mgmt.)
Location - Comox Valley, Vancouver Island - BC

Potential issues in my profile

- 4 years gap between 10 and 12 ( yes, I was young and wasn't serious about studies)
- Less marks in BBA ( apparently mine was less than 50 %, however it is implied that Visa officials look at the overall university percentage which is summation of theoretical and practical marks)
- Work ex might be potential deterrent as it shows I may not be a serious candidate in eyes CIC owing gap in studies.
- I dont how much it matters, but when I applied I was 27 and well its always generically understood the more the age the lesser the inclination of studies .

Potential Strong points on my success.

- Good IELTS score - 7.5 bands ( got re-valuated later on and it came to 8 bands )
- Although I said earlier work-ex may be taken as a potential gap in studies but mind you, I didn't work in lala / aaltu faaltu company.
I worked with Bose corp, which is a North American company and hence my work ex doesn't look fake or non credible.
- Although I wanted to take up HR however took up a course which is more relevant to my earlier education and overall work related.
- I applied on 28 May, full 3 months earlier of the programme initialization.

Agent Details.

- Canam
- Satisfaction score - 7/10
- Would I recommend them - Yes and No

Yes - If you are informed student and knows CIC rules and regulations
- If you want the paper work done optimally.
- He didnt charge me a penny.
- Canam is an authorised CIC consultant.

No - If you are not a informed student and would be completely laid back thinking any agent would sail you through.
- You think agent is the messiah and will do all you paperwork.
- You supply forged, inaccurate documents.

I got my Visa in 4-5 days and honestly I wasnt really that excited. I felt at this age this may not be a right decision rebooting my entire career and I am still in that dilemma.
However honestly Canadian visa is straight through if papers are complete and your IELTS is fine

Key pts to success.
- Correct paperwork aka and right balance showed (GIC and 1 sem fee showed)
- I cannot stress enough to apply earlier as much as possible ( my file was ready April for may intake and agent pushed me to apply asap but I thought that period would be too short)
- Good IELTS score, I sincerely believe my score offset / balanced any disadvantage on my overall education profile
- Lala company = failure, avoid showing faaltu work ex. Visa officials are experienced enough.

FAQ

How much funds I showed ?

- GIC + 1sem fee approx 16000 CAD

Can GIC be forego-ed ?

- No

Why BC ?

1) Easier residency relative to Ontario.
2) Much better weather.

Why NIC and this programme ?

1) I am expecting this college to be less multicultural = more Canadian experience rather than home away from home experience.
2) 2 years course = 3 PGWP
3) Course is directly related to my field of study and work ex.
4) Has 1 semester internship component.

I am flying on 27 august via jet airlines. People going ahead for the same can connect with me. Kindly message me your numbers or alternatively connect with me on tushar.nayyer @ gmail.com

Feel free to ask relevant questions. Ill update important questions on the topic itself.

Thank you.
How did you cover up ur gap of 4 years between 10 & 12.... What did u write abt it in ur sop..? I also have a gap of 5 yrs....bw 12 & BBA... If i cn get a copy of ur sop...that will be really helpful.... prince19870826@yahoo.com

tusharnayyer

May 29, 2013
princekmasih said:
How did you cover up ur gap of 4 years between 10 & 12.... What did u write abt it in ur sop..? I also have a gap of 5 yrs....bw 12 & BBA... If i cn get a copy of ur sop...that will be really helpful.... prince19870826 @ yahoo.com
I showed some small courses I did in between. I studied 6 months at nirma university and I reappeared (as I was a science student)11 th commerce and 12 th commerce (all this was original). From what I understand gap after graduation is actually considered a real gap and the one before 12th std is not much a concern. Around 10-12 months of gap prior to final 12th exam and the gap between my job resignation (jan 2014) and till I applied , I still didnt show.

tusharnayyer

May 29, 2013
parul154 said:
Congratulations for getting ur visa :) :)
Its one of the best possts I have come across
One ques:
GIC+First sem fees is sufficient , ot do i need to show bank statemnts , ITR etc?

Can u give some tips for SOP as well , and share ur SOP at parul154 @ gmail.com

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate the kind words.

You dont need to "show". Insense you just to fill the form stating your parents income and thats it.

For e.g. I wrote

Father- retired (no income shown)
Mother - Principal of a institution( 16 Lakh over annual income)
Bank statement of myself - showed earning 22k (submitted my salary slip) and gave them my citibank statements of 3 years.

For SOP please see the original topic.

This is what i supplied to agent, however they didnt keep these documents in vfs, they just mentioned this on the form stating that these are the documents available so that if they want to confirm they can always ask for it.

tusharnayyer

May 29, 2013
inder009 said:
This is the best thread i have ever read on this forum in recent times . fully informative and motivating for all of us .. Thanks a lot bro . and gud luck for ur future
Thank you. Good luck to you too !

tusharnayyer

May 29, 2013
princekmasih said:
How did you cover up ur gap of 4 years between 10 & 12.... What did u write abt it in ur sop..? I also have a gap of 5 yrs....bw 12 & BBA... If i cn get a copy of ur sop...that will be really helpful.... prince19870826 @ yahoo.com
check the main topic for SOP advice.

parul154

Feb 25, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-07-2014
Med's Done....
10-06-2014
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
tusharnayyer said:

You dont need to "show". Insense you just to fill the form stating your parents income and thats it.

For e.g. I wrote

Bank statement of myself - showed earning 22k (submitted my salary slip) and gave them my citibank statements of 3 years.

This is what i supplied to agent, however they didnt keep these documents in vfs, they just mentioned this on the form stating that these are the documents available so that if they want to confirm they can always ask for it.
Thanks for this!!
You mentioned ur parents income and showed ur bank statements,
For me its approx 2 years of work experience, and my bank is empty cos fees has gone for tuition fees etc
So what do i do??
I am planning to show my parents statements instead. Will this work?

Also, can u please post the link of the topic, so that its easier to get..Thanks once again!!

tusharnayyer

May 29, 2013
parul154 said:
Thanks for this!!
You mentioned ur parents income and showed ur bank statements,
For me its approx 2 years of work experience, and my bank is empty cos fees has gone for tuition fees etc
So what do i do??
I am planning to show my parents statements instead. Will this work?

Also, can u please post the link of the topic, so that its easier to get..Thanks once again!!
I showed my parents income but my own bank account statements were shown to prove that I am really working with Bose and not faking it(just to enhance my application).
What you are doing is correct.

I am sorry, I didnt understand "'Also, can u please post the link of the topic, so that its easier to get..Thanks once again!!""
Post which link and where ?

vidya0411

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ahmadabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2014
IELTS Request
7, none less then 6.5
File Transfer...
02-07-2014
Med's Done....
17-05-2014
Passport Req..
sent with Documents
Congratulations Tushar

And Thank you for such encouraging words.. You boost up confidence in many

destroyed92

Nov 24, 2013
Vadodara, Gujarat
Visa Office......
DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2014
Med's Request
Done
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted along with application
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected
LANDED..........
I give up on Canada!!
thanks fr the info mate..

parul154

Feb 25, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-07-2014
Med's Done....
10-06-2014
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
tusharnayyer said:

For e.g. I wrote

what does the red words mean?
Is there any topic for the SOP?

princekmasih

Star Member
Jun 8, 2014
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-08-2017
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
LANDED..........
29-12-2017
parul154 said:
what does the red words mean?
Is there any topic for the SOP?
Read from beginning... Read the first msg of this thread...