+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa stamp

lupe

Jan 23, 2008
hi
i got our passport stamped last week.
but, my wife doesn't have a legel status in the USA. you think is going to be any problem when we land.
or better we go back to our home country and fly from there.
thank you

ocanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2008
i am not sure about that but i think u can leave the country ( USA ) since u ll be leaving that but i think it might be a problem if u want to re enter usa because ur mrs has been illegally there.
However, if ur leaving USA to go into another country where u have been lawfully admitted and have the visa, i dnt think that should be a problem.
better ask PMM.
i wish u all the best in your new life .
God Bless You and Your MRS.
OCANADA :)

lupe

Jan 23, 2008
Thanks PMM
we are not coming back to USA, all i need to know,if there is any problem to CANADA from here(USA).
because i heard even after you got visa ,you might be dnieded at the boarder,if you don't have legeal status in usa?

marbouhi

Aug 30, 2007
hi
i think you are leaving US and you got already your visa on your passports. the big part was done. I don't think they will ask for any status they will ask for your visa to enter Canada. You will be fine.
good luck,

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
Are you travelling to Canada by Air or Land? If you cross the border by land there will be no issues as you only stop at the Canadian border. If you travel by air you will have to show your passport and you may get problems with the US authorities. It all depends on what airport you are leaving from.

lupe

Jan 23, 2008
thanks guys
we leaving by land.
but
does canadian emmigration ask about the status where uou came from(USA) or they don't ask?
also if my wife go back to her home country ,why she will have problem with USA authorty?
please explain>

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
Canadian Immigration don't care about your US status. Your wife may only get problems with US authorities if she travels by air from a US airport or transit in the US.

USBR

Star Member
Feb 5, 2008
Hello everyone!
Correct me if I am wrong. Once someone obtained a legal status in Canada and eventually will have a Canadian green card, like lupe’s wife case,Am I right to say that she will be able to come back visit the US regardless her previous status in country? I am saying that based on the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), which allows Canadian citizens or legal residents of Canada to come to the US without requirement of a visa.

SabinaNie

Jun 6, 2008
My attorney confirmed with me that if you a legal resident in Canada you have to obtain a visa to get to US, but after 3 years you can apply for citizenship and after that you can enter US without visa.
Once you have a Canadian passport you can stay as long you want in US without ever being illegal.

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
When you are Canadian you can not stay in the US for as long as you want.