+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Rejected -SDS- May 2021

mihir9991

Star Member
Aug 24, 2019
So this is your 3rd refusal? Have you ordered gcms notes in the past? What did it say?
How much does your MBA cost? You mean you already paid the full fees for the course, showed $10,000 in GIC and an additional $8,000 in savings? if that is the case, finances is not the reason for your refusals. Perhaps your new note will shed more light.
Yup..... 3rd one.... Yup ... i ordered in past.... Financial reason only... 29000 VAD.... Yup.... Full Fees + GIC+ 8000 CAD + CA certificate value more than 1000000CAD...yup... i got a general reason .... i think t call IRCC night... can i get refusal reason on call?/

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Yup..... 3rd one.... Yup ... i ordered in past.... Financial reason only... 29000 VAD.... Yup.... Full Fees + GIC+ 8000 CAD + CA certificate value more than 1000000CAD...yup... i got a general reason .... i think t call IRCC night... can i get refusal reason on call?/
  1. Did you change your course/school after previous refusals?
  2. Did you show the source of the sudden influx of funds you provided in your next application?
  3. Are the funds yours?

I am not sure if they can read you the GCMS notes over the phone, but you can try.

Reactions: RoxRayExpress

mihir9991

Star Member
Aug 24, 2019
  1. Did you change your course/school after previous refusals?
  2. Did you show the source of the sudden influx of funds you provided in your next application?
  3. Are the funds yours?

I am not sure if they can read you the GCMS notes over the phone, but you can try.
1. No..... i kept same University.. its public uni.
2. I applied loan n second application.... but reason was to pay 1 year tuition fees so i paid fees
3.. yup saving and loan

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
1. No..... i kept same University.. its public uni.
2. I applied loan n second application.... but reason was to pay 1 year tuition fees so i paid fees
3.. yup saving and loan
Thanks for clarifying. Ultimately, you need your notes but here's my 2c, based on the info you've provided:

1. Relevance of Program: With 7 years experience as PM (did you provide proof of this?), going for an MBA is a move in the right direction. Also, the university is public and fairly rated so not a problem. Based on this, I do not see an issue with the course/program selection.

2. Employment prospects in home country: Again, I cannot imagine that getting an MBA will not be seen as a career-progressing move, given your employment history.

3. Sufficient and available financial resources: Though this was not expressly mentioned in your recent rejection, I think it might be the reason. The bulk of your funds is from a loan, which means you can't really afford it. That should not be an automatic refusal, but:
  • Did you indicate how this will be paid back?
  • While you are studying, will you be getting a salary?
  • How exactly will getting an canadian MBA you can't afford give you an edge over those who get their MBA in India for much cheaper?
Someone alluded to it earlier in this post, but the excerpt from your SOP is not convincing, just bunch of words that doesn't really say much abour why you are making this move.

We will see what the notes say, but my guts tell me it's financial...

• Sad
Reactions: MZHSECA

mihir9991

Star Member
Aug 24, 2019
Thanks for clarifying. Ultimately, you need your notes but here's my 2c, based on the info you've provided:

1. Relevance of Program: With 7 years experience as PM (did you provide proof of this?), going for an MBA is a move in the right direction. Also, the university is public and fairly rated so not a problem. Based on this, I do not see an issue with the course/program selection.

2. Employment prospects in home country: Again, I cannot imagine that getting an MBA will not be seen as a career-progressing move, given your employment history.

3. Sufficient and available financial resources: Though this was not expressly mentioned in your recent rejection, I think it might be the reason. The bulk of your funds is from a loan, which means you can't really afford it. That should not be an automatic refusal, but:
  • Did you indicate how this will be paid back?
  • While you are studying, will you be getting a salary?
  • How exactly will getting an canadian MBA you can't afford give you an edge over those who get their MBA in India for much cheaper?
Someone alluded to it earlier in this post, but the excerpt from your SOP is not convincing, just bunch of words that doesn't really say much abour why you are making this move.

We will see what the notes say, but my guts tell me it's financial...
Thanks for your valuable insights.

1. Yes...i attached employments and experience letters with ITR and pay stubs. I also agree with u .... no Problem.

2. Yup....i had spectacular employment history so no doubt in that.

3. i applied in SDS and so many student took loan for education.... so i don't see any problem in that.

Although i did not mentioned loan pay back plan. but its understatement that as per my previous employment history
No.... its 1 year MBA so little chance for part time job.. but we do have a internship of 2 months...
I mentioned in my SOP that in India ... premier institutes charges higher above 25 lakhs for 2 year mba ..... and its 1 year MBA so i can jump back to work asap.. so it out weigh Canada over India.

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
What is your full IELTS results ? 6.5 seems quite low for a MBA which usually involve a lots of communication skills.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Thanks for your valuable insights.

1. Yes...i attached employments and experience letters with ITR and pay stubs. I also agree with u .... no Problem.

2. Yup....i had spectacular employment history so no doubt in that.

3. i applied in SDS and so many student took loan for education.... so i don't see any problem in that.

Although i did not mentioned loan pay back plan. but its understatement that as per my previous employment history
No.... its 1 year MBA so little chance for part time job.. but we do have a internship of 2 months...
I mentioned in my SOP that in India ... premier institutes charges higher above 25 lakhs for 2 year mba ..... and its 1 year MBA so i can jump back to work asap.. so it out weigh Canada over India.
Isn't the MBA at UNB 4 semesters (i.e. 20 months) minimum?