+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa rejected desipte having AIP letter

Dhaval_roy

Oct 3, 2019
After receiving the AIP letter, I have started online study for the Sep '20 intake as immigration has mentioned that if you have AIP you are eligible to study in Canada and after AIP you just need to pass your medical and biometrics process. I have just finished my first semester online. I gave my biometrics on the 10th of Dec. However, yesterday I got visa refusal mail from the immigration office.

The reason they have provided is "IN CASE IF YOU DON'T LEAVE THE COUNTRY AFTER STUDY"

My question is why doesn't immigration gave this reason during AIP approval time? Now if I will reapply then I will have to defer my admission where I have already completed 1st semester or I will have to ask for a refund. In both cases, I have a loss of at least 5-6 lakh for my first-semester study as well as my time.

Is there any alternative option about getting my visa approval where I don't have to defer my admission and I don't have to lose any money?

FYI: My second semester will start in Jan'21.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
After receiving the AIP letter, I have started online study for the Sep '20 intake as immigration has mentioned that if you have AIP you are eligible to study in Canada and after AIP you just need to pass your medical and biometrics process. I have just finished my first semester online. I gave my biometrics on the 10th of Dec. However, yesterday I got visa refusal mail from the immigration office.

The reason they have provided is "IN CASE IF YOU DON'T LEAVE THE COUNTRY AFTER STUDY"

My question is why doesn't immigration gave this reason during AIP approval time? Now if I will reapply then I will have to defer my admission where I have already completed 1st semester or I will have to ask for a refund. In both cases, I have a loss of at least 5-6 lakh for my first-semester study as well as my time.

Is there any alternative option about getting my visa approval where I don't have to defer my admission and I don't have to lose any money?

FYI: My second semester will start in Jan'21.
You will not be able to continue studying next semester unless you get very lucky and the SP is reassessed and approved.