+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa refused

anaqi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
docsazm said:
Ok, but as I will be going for symposium, I should select visitor or business?

Secondly, regarding iqama, dates mention are for 5 yrs, but will be valid only if I renew my contract here? So should mention dates as written on iqama? And it's should be worker status...? Rite, as before I mistakenly wrote permanent residents...
Thanks
I'm not sure about the visitor or business part, maybe someone more experienced would want to weigh in.

Include your contract which shows 5 years renewal. And mention the exact dates in your iqama. Yes you have worker status.

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
For the job opportunities part, write a strong SOP to support you. In the SOP you should write about the opportunities in Pakistan(and you can mention KSA but don't go to deep into opportunities in KSA)
For the residence status, if you were on your fathers iqama, then it would have been fine, but as your direct sponsor is your company, CIC knows that as soon as you leave KSA, there is no guarantee that the same company will keep you back.

docsazm

Star Member
May 11, 2016
reason984flood said:
For the job opportunities part, write a strong SOP to support you. In the SOP you should write about the opportunities in Pakistan(and you can mention KSA but don't go to deep into opportunities in KSA)
For the residence status, if you were on your fathers iqama, then it would have been fine, but as your direct sponsor is your company, CIC knows that as soon as you leave KSA, there is no guarantee that the same company will keep you back.
I will apply now for TRV ....so what should I write in that? I m so confused :'(
I need to catch this symposium in sept and my university wants me to apply TRV for this and sp later as officials start will be in Jan.....I m getting crazy....I have to go in 2 days...plz guide

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Go to VFS, they will guide you as they deal with this stuff on a daily basis.

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
docsazm said:
I applied paper application....got refusal today...
Reasons
Immigration status in country of residence?
Proposed length of stay
Employment opportunities in country of stay

What to do??
Depressed :mad: :mad:
If you don't mind me interjecting, I think you should apply on Express Entry. You will be a shoo-in . Also then you can study whatever course you want and pay much less, if you are not enjoying a scholarship that is.

By the way, how long is your course for? Because if it is less than six months, you might not need a study permit.

PUJAA2011

Jul 30, 2016
dear Anaqi
i too work in dubai and i am an expat.i was thinking of applying from here but after reading ur post i doubt.can i apply from india.but then i wont be able to show my experience of 13 yrs wch is mostly in uae.i was thinking of applying for a two yrs programme in finance as i m a banker and in the interview would tell VO that i am an ARTS grad but work experience in banking so wanted to support my experience by getting a degree in finance.
also i am a 39 yr old female,divorced.do you think they will doubt that i m not going to leave canada after studies.
plz advice.

docsazm

Star Member
May 11, 2016
enywmara said:
If you don't mind me interjecting, I think you should apply on Express Entry. You will be a shoo-in . Also then you can study whatever course you want and pay much less, if you are not enjoying a scholarship that is.

By the way, how long is your course for? Because if it is less than six months, you might not need a study permit.
Thanks for the advice, I tried but my points r less, so withdraw
Secondly the course I choosed has the same fees for local and international students as well.
It's almost 18 months with accompanying work in between starting Jan 2017.. But first compulsory module is in sept 2016.
As my uni want me to come for first module on visitor, so I will apply again with their letter.
Kindly let me know that regarding uci no....should put the same in next application or not....?
Thanks

anaqi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
PUJAA2011 said:
dear Anaqi
i too work in dubai and i am an expat.i was thinking of applying from here but after reading ur post i doubt.can i apply from india.but then i wont be able to show my experience of 13 yrs wch is mostly in uae.i was thinking of applying for a two yrs programme in finance as i m a banker and in the interview would tell VO that i am an ARTS grad but work experience in banking so wanted to support my experience by getting a degree in finance.
also i am a 39 yr old female,divorced.do you think they will doubt that i m not going to leave canada after studies.
plz advice.
You can absolutely apply from India, you're not restricted to only apply from the UAE because you work there. The benefit of applying in your home country is that Indian residents usually get a response in 4/5 weeks compared to UAE which is around 12 weeks. Even if you apply from India you can still show your experience from the UAE because you can submit your employment contract and your UAE iqama. You can mention to them you're visiting India therefore you applied from there. Since you're Indian, it's your right to apply from your home country and they will absolutely accept it. Also applying from India even though you live in UAE is also a good indicator that you have strong ties to your home country. And the usual show your ties with India with family, property, investments etc. Although your study plan has to be very strong showing how the education will help your future prospects in India otherwise they will try to analyze your future prospects in UAE as an expat. Also from India you will be eligible for bank loans if you require it to strengthen your application.

anaqi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
docsazm said:
Thanks for the advice, I tried but my points r less, so withdraw
Secondly the course I choosed has the same fees for local and international students as well.
It's almost 18 months with accompanying work in between starting Jan 2017.. But first compulsory module is in sept 2016.
As my uni want me to come for first module on visitor, so I will apply again with their letter.
Kindly let me know that regarding uci no....should put the same in next application or not....?
Thanks
Based on what i'm reading now your UCI will always be the same no matter what application you apply for be it Study Permit, TRV or Express Entry at CIC. It's unique to each applicant. So yeah go ahead and include the UCI number in the application.