+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Refusal

neha.palia

Dec 18, 2012
Hi my Visa got rejected today.
I am from India and I applied for Temporary resident Visa to Canada.My husband is a studying in canada.
For my application I showed enough finances i.e 19000 CAD from my husband's side.7 Lacs from my dad's side and my 1.6 lacs from my side.
I am working as I.T analyst in one of the renowned company .I also attached letter of employment along with my Visa application.
But instead of all this they rejected my Visa stating
1.Your Travel History.
2.Length of proposed stay in Canada
3.Your personal assets and financial status.

They say they are not satisfied that I would leave Canada at the end of my stay as temporary resident Visa.
I am really disappointed. Please suggest what should I do?
When should I reapply and what else is required?
Should I go for lawyer?
Please reply.

nekara

Jan 22, 2013
Hi, may be it is because of his student visa status. until when does he have his visa valid ? With your financial attachments, i see no reason why your visa shld be rejected. My parents got their visas rejected last year april, when we did not include my father's bank statements. We applied again in Dec showing 1.4 lacs only and it got approved for 6 months now. so i am really thinking it has something to do with your husband's status here in canada. Shld u reapply, make sure that the status has changed, unless otherwise its a waste of money again.

neha.palia

Dec 18, 2012
But they have not mentioned that its because of my husband's status.They seem to have a problem with my personal assets.But at the age of 26 how one can expect that I should own land or something like that.I showed my employment but they are still not convinced.
They are not sure that i will leave canada after my stay.
Why they are interested in my Travel History?Is it necessary to travel abroad to some country before moving to Canada. Its ridiculous.
:-[

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how long did you state that you intended to stay in Canada?

you said 19000 from your husband's side. since he is a student in canada (and i assume he has a year or two to go till he finishes), that 19000 could have been counted for his expenses.

I dont know, its hard to figure out what goes on in the minds of visa officers.

your best bet would be to get CAIPS notes and find out exactly why you were rejected. Better to be prepared and apply again than second guessing.

neha.palia

Dec 18, 2012
What is CAIPS?
I really wonder why they didnt consider my Job a reason strong enough to come back to India.
Will showing more property help?
BTW i planned a visit from 18th april to June 2013.
I am surprised and shocked.

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CAIPS notes are what the immigration officer makes notes on the file when he makes a decision. IT will shed more light as to the reason why you were rejected. the rejection letter you get is standard form.

CIC, in most cases, considers the spouse relationship to be the strongest tie. so the fact that you have a job back in India is not so strong compared to your ties with your husband who is in Canada.

Did you include a letter from your employer stating your position, how long you have worked, salary, your approved leave duration etc?

Search for CAIPS notes, order them and go through to know exactly why you were refused. You can address those issues and apply again.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Probably better to apply for a spousal work permit using the "application for a work permit made outside of Canada" package. You are eligible for one valid for the same amount of time as your husband's study permit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
neha.palia said:
What is CAIPS?
I really wonder why they didnt consider my Job a reason strong enough to come back to India.
Will showing more property help?
BTW i planned a visit from 18th april to June 2013.
I am surprised and shocked.
Did you include a letter from your employer mentioning the dates you will be away on vacation and confirming that you will be returning and resuming your job in June? Two months is a long visit and CIC may think you have plans to leave your job permanently.

ouihel01

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there , what is a caips? is it the same as GCMS? ...what does caips stand for? Thanks.

neha.palia

Dec 18, 2012
Firstly how can I ask for CAIPS and from where?
Secondly i attached letter of employment stating that i have been working for the past 4 years and letter is issued on my request for applying visitor visa to canada. It didnt mention my stay and my leaves.
Another thing I applied under Category "other" and explained visit my husband.
If I reapply what documents should I add?
What about travel history?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
neha.palia said:
Firstly how can I ask for CAIPS and from where?
Secondly i attached letter of employment stating that i have been working for the past 4 years and letter is issued on my request for applying visitor visa to canada. It didnt mention my stay and my leaves.
Another thing I applied under Category "other" and explained visit my husband.
If I reapply what documents should I add?
What about travel history?
You should include a letter from your employer confirming that your employer knows you are going on an extended vacation and that you will be returning to work for them on a specific date after the end of your vacation. The letter you included only proves you have a job. It doesn't show that you plan to return.

See here for information on how to order CAIPS:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-order-caips-notes-t72568.0.html

neha.palia

Dec 18, 2012
Thanks a lot.
I will apply again definitely because its almost been 5 months i am way from my husband.
Do you know any good lawyer or consultant in delhi who deals with cases as mine?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
neha.palia said:
Thanks a lot.
I will apply again definitely because its almost been 5 months i am way from my husband.
Do you know any good lawyer or consultant in delhi who deals with cases as mine?
I'm Canadian - so unfortunately I don't. Hopefully someone else can help and provide you with a recommendation.