+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa help needed...!!!

Kurdt111

Feb 26, 2016
Hey everyone...! I applied for study permit on 25th jan 2016 for may intake at centennial colg for post grad diploma in project management, but got refusal today under the reason that my studies arent reasonable in light of my previous academics or qualifications ( it is clear from my profile).

Here is my profile -
10% - 78%
12% sci - 49.83%
Bsc Comp Sci - 59% or 4.75 cgpa on a scale of 7 (also had many backlogs but cleared them all with no year gaps)
IELTS - 7.5 overall with no band less than 7

I applied under general on my counselors advice as he said visa rejection is sure under spp so i should try under general. I had submitted all my documents, with it returns, medical and all the stuff needed. However faced rejection solely due to academic reasons.

I've got a few questions, plz try and help me out -

1)Should i apply again or should i apply for New Zealand as i heard visa chances are high however pr and job opportunities are quite low.

2)Can i do post graduation diploma from nz and then move to Canada for masters or anything like that ?

3)Or should i do masters here in India and then try for universities in canada or the usa ?

Plz help me put guys, I'm way too confused, any input from you will be highly appreciated..!
Thanks a ton :)

velveteen

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-15-2015
AOR Received.
11-15-2015
Kurdt111 said:
Hey everyone...! I applied for study permit on 25th jan 2016 for may intake at centennial colg for post grad diploma in project management, but got refusal today under the reason that my studies arent reasonable in light of my previous academics or qualifications ( it is clear from my profile).

Here is my profile -
10% - 78%
12% sci - 49.83%
Bsc Comp Sci - 59% or 4.75 cgpa on a scale of 7 (also had many backlogs but cleared them all with no year gaps)
IELTS - 7.5 overall with no band less than 7

I applied under general on my counselors advice as he said visa rejection is sure under spp so i should try under general. I had submitted all my documents, with it returns, medical and all the stuff needed. However faced rejection solely due to academic reasons.

I've got a few questions, plz try and help me out -

1)Should i apply again or should i apply for New Zealand as i heard visa chances are high however pr and job opportunities are quite low.

2)Can i do post graduation diploma from nz and then move to Canada for masters or anything like that ?

3)Or should i do masters here in India and then try for universities in canada or the usa ?

Plz help me put guys, I'm way too confused, any input from you will be highly appreciated..!
Thanks a ton :)
Reason for your rejection seems to be the fact that the program you applied for 'Project management' is not directly related to your past studies 'BSc. Computer Sci'. Maybe apply for something more closely related, perhaps a Masters/PGD in Computer Sci?
Good luck!

Kurdt111

Feb 26, 2016
But IT industry is one pf the various industries which are in a humongous need for project managers. How can it not be realted to my field, BSc Computer Science ? I mentioned all the valid reasons in my sop for opting for this specific course, and even my consultant told me its related to my stream. Also, only reason mentioned for rejection was - 'Other reasons - your proposed stdies r nt reasonable in light of 1 or more of: ur qualifications, previous studies, employment , level of establishment, language abilities, or ur future propects and plans.'

I think it might be because of my profile ? And on the other hand I've heard people with worse profile get their visa application approved.

What do you guys think ?

neerav

Dec 16, 2015
Kurdt111 said:
But IT industry is one pf the various industries which are in a humongous need for project managers. How can it not be realted to my field, BSc Computer Science ? I mentioned all the valid reasons in my sop for opting for this specific course, and even my consultant told me its related to my stream. Also, only reason mentioned for rejection was - 'Other reasons - your proposed stdies r nt reasonable in light of 1 or more of: ur qualifications, previous studies, employment , level of establishment, language abilities, or ur future propects and plans.'

I think it might be because of my profile ? And on the other hand I've heard people with worse profile get their visa application approved.

What do you guys think ?
I think, it may be because of your percentage!!

Kurdt111

Feb 26, 2016
They consider overall profile or only the graduation scores ? Coz i had more than 10 backlogs during my degree, cleared them all without any year gap, also scored arnd 58 59 percent.. Also all of it is wat too confusing coz ppl get cisa with bad scores as well evn after one rejection with the same profile and choice of course. It feels sad.
What should i do now ? Re-apply again with a stronger sop ?

OR

Try another country like nz or aus then move to canada for masters ?

Kindly share some input

Thakur123

Feb 8, 2016
Hey
Can you please tell me i completed my 12th from NWAC board with 67% Nd I have 6bands not less than 5.5 can I Apply for Canada.I got admission in Humber college
And also want To ask NWAC board is accepted by Canada embassy or not?

Faisalbora

Jun 25, 2018
You got your visa or not.
If yes which course.
Hey
Can you please tell me i completed my 12th from NWAC board with 67% Nd I have 6bands not less than 5.5 can I Apply for Canada.I got admission in Humber college
And also want To ask NWAC board is accepted by Canada embassy or not?

Rns12345

Oct 22, 2018
if yes can you give ur mobile num so i can contact the person who got Wes evalution done complete from NWAC board