+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Application Rejected - Due to a missing document

Apr 27, 2011
Dear all
I had applied for Canada PR under skilled category ( Electrician)
When I checked my application status 15 days back and it was showing "Decision made"
The follwoing was the information
"We received your application for permanent residence on November 17, 2010.
We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on February 24, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Your application was reviewed and we started processing on April 6, 2011.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision"

After 3-4 days I received a letter from the Visa Office delhi, India that my Visa Application has been rejected due to short points. I had attached only the detailed marks cum result certificates of Msc (IT) and MCA and forget to attach the Degrees of MSC(IT) and MCA.
I had sent the file to central Intake office sydney (NS). They checked the file and accepted and issued the file number and send the file to Delhi office to process the case. I have sent requeste mail to Delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca to reopen my case on 19 April and also sent the notarized copies of Degrees through mail. Till date, I have not received any reply. The current status is Decision Made.

Experts, Please suggest what to do now

Regards

EnvioZA

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 22
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
15th Feb. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
13/5/2011
Med's Done....
17/5/2011
Passport Req..
9/8/2011
mahesh kumar gandhi said:
Dear all
When I checked my application status 15 days back and it was showing "Decision made"
We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on February 24, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision"

After 3-4 days I received a letter from the Visa Office delhi, India that my Visa Application has been rejected due to short points. I had attached only the detailed marks cum result certificates of Msc (IT) and MCA and forget to attach the Degrees of MSC(IT) and MCA.
I had sent the file to central Intake office sydney (NS). They checked the file and accepted and issued the file number and send the file to Delhi office to process the case. I have sent requeste mail to Delhi-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca to reopen my case on 19 April and also sent the notarized copies of Degrees through mail. Till date, I have not received any reply. The current status is Decision Made.

Regards
Hi mahesh,
Sorry to hear your case.
It seems that your application has been rejected after it went into IN PROCESS stage. Right? or Received by VO stage?
You did the correct thing by sending degree certificates soon afterwards.
Now wait and see. if possible do a case specific inquery from ND visa office website ( I guess you will find the way to do it in website of embassy) sicne email do not work sometime.
So your application status went to :Decision made: very quickly after ND VO started to review on April 6th.
Wish you good luck. I am hopefull that they will reopen the case since you really have the points. But I was thinking why on earth they did not ask for the degree certificates instead of rejecting it directly!!! Also CIO (NS) initially reviwed and found you qualify therefore they transferred your file to ND VO. Strange and worrisome for others who are In process stage.

All the best my friend.
-Zahed

iloveYou!

Star Member
Mar 14, 2011
mahesh kumar gandhi said:
Dear all

I had sent the file to central Intake office sydney (NS). They checked the file and accepted and issued the file number and send the file to Delhi office to process the case. I have sent requeste mail to Delhi-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca to reopen my case on 19 April and also sent the notarized copies of Degrees through mail. Till date, I have not received any reply. The current status is Decision Made.

Regards
who is to blame? only yourself

mperei02

Aug 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Social Worker
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
20/6/2011
Med's Request
Currently ECAS shows in process since 26 Aug 2011
Med's Done....
20th September Completed / Received 7th October.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jan 2012
LANDED..........
May 2012....returned Nov 2012
Well there always someone to blame...but really

We put our life on hold for application...least they can do ask for clarification for the ones who have been in Que for so long....

We are instructed not to dismiss files unless clarification is received....this is for Australia

EnvioZA

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 22
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
15th Feb. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
13/5/2011
Med's Done....
17/5/2011
Passport Req..
9/8/2011
mperei02 said:
Well there always someone to blame...but really

We put our life on hold for application...least they can do ask for clarification for the ones who have been in Que for so long....

We are instructed not to dismiss files unless clarification is received....this is for Australia
yes meperei02,
you have a point..it should be the case always unless there is somehting serious comes out in background checking stage..thus file get rejected..
It's really strange that only for not submitting degree certificate application is rejected...since the applicant already submitted marksheets , this means he has the degrees for sure...Am I missing something?? If so it was unfair for ND VO to directly reject the application...But in my personal opinion VO does not work like this..

we saw in Post june thread that people were requested to submit their missing documents from CIO..(before PER)..they could have rejected it from there ( CIO, NS) instead of sending it to VO...and ask to re-submit with full doc..
If mahesh can kindly share the wording of his rejection letter ,other applicants can be benefited by not doing the same mistakes..
I am still waiting for his reply to know which stage his application was before decision made status. IN PROCESS or RBVO?
-Zahed

mr_rana

Dec 28, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with App. (Excluding PCC)
AOR Received.
1st:-04.2010, 2nd:- 04.2011
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
06.2011 (RBVO), 04.2012 (In Process)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24.01.2013
LANDED..........
And I thought once the application clears CIO, it's only PCC and Medicals that VO would be concerned about.

In you e-cas status, I see nowhere PER is mentioned.
So is it possible that this application didn't get a "PER (positive eligibility review)" from CIO and was still moved to VO to take some decision at its own discretion?

If I am wrong, then for me, it's strange that what CIO could accept was rejected by VO later on.
Can't believe it happens.!

EnvioZA

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 22
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
15th Feb. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
13/5/2011
Med's Done....
17/5/2011
Passport Req..
9/8/2011
mr_rana said:
And I thought once the application clears CIO, it's only PCC and Medicals that VO would be concerned about.

So is it possible that this application didn't get a "PER (positive eligibility review)" from CIO and was still moved to VO to take some decision at its own discretion?

If I am wrong, then for me, it's strange that what CIO could accept was rejected by VO later on.
Dear Rana,
No his e-cas status is allright. First three lines seems OK to me. When you click IN PROCESS or RBVO or CIO_eligibility review Complete you get different
information you receive from e-cas. The information he provided most probably comes out after application goes to RVO or IN PROCESS..( I am having similar info in my e-cas and my status is IN PROCESS). Now my question is what was his status?? ..
Second point is that VO can reject any application even after CIO found it eligible. CIO only went through and checked you have minimum 67 points+ documents are in place or not. But if VO is not satisfied with background check or has security concern, POF is not sufficient...etc etc..they might reject it...but still they ask for clarification...they just don't reject it right away..that my understanding..
this case is strange indeed...

-Zahed

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
mr_rana said:

Wrong...VO does its own assessment and refuses even after CIO issues PER. That is why VO also issues AOR. So getting PER is just the first step, hold your breath until you get AOR from VO.

monaliza

Apr 14, 2011
Why they didn't ask for clarification or interview instead of turning down your case. Anyway, there is a hope now after they received your reply.

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think there is something else to this case, may be gap in studies, if there, are not awarded points, or may be the level of education , if doesnt match their standards as set out, usually is not the case, then also it may be rejected, other wise its really shocking to hear a case rejected just due to lack of some docs, because even after in process, VO can ask for additional document required, which didnt happen in this case....wierd!!! ::)

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
Yaa, i agree with amit, there might be some other issue, thats y the case is rejected!
Mahesh u have done better to send the missing degrees, but u should also figure out, if there is any other prob with ur application...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

monaliza said:
Why they didn't ask for clarification or interview instead of turning down your case. Anyway, there is a hope now after they received your reply.
Because CIC/CHC is not your mother, they don't overlook your mistakes. You send a complete application that proves that you meet the criteria. If it doesn't, it is refused. The VO goes on to the next application. They don't have time nor the inclination to lead people by the hand through the process.

monaliza

Apr 14, 2011
PMM said:
Hi

Because CIC/CHC is not your mother, they don't overlook your mistakes. You send a complete application that proves that you meet the criteria. If it doesn't, it is refused. The VO goes on to the next application. They don't have time nor the inclination to lead people by the hand through the process.
But they did that with others, they asked to send missing documents, why this case is different?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

monaliza said:
But they did that with others, they asked to send missing documents, why this case is different?
Pre 2009 cases yes, but not now. The instructions stated submit a complete application, which includes PCCs, IELTs, Job references. Previously these weren't submitted upfront.

vkrmsalaria

Apr 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Dear PMM, thanks for your previous response.
can you please guide me, as I would like to apply for PR, if possible I like to apply this month. following is all of my details, if possible can you please spare some time and have a look.
considering your threads what I'm trying to do that I can provide every single required documents to CIC at first place.
please advice whether or not I can apply. After finishing 12th (2002) standard I did 1 year certificate course (2001) in welding and worked as welder for next two years. Then I went to university for further studies where I did bachelors and Masters in IT. My question is that am I still eligible for applying under NOC for welder, as I may fulfil the requirements. 2) In application form what would be the highest level education I would mention as if i'm applying as welder (13 years full time) or I can include masters as well (18 year full time). will this effects my application adversely.
please reply,,, rest every thing is ready for my application like IELTS (8,7,7,6.5), police clearance (AFP). secondly I want to enquire about POF as I'm applying Australia, I need $18000 approx. to show and the problem is that around $6000 recently credited to my account, is there any possibility that immigration authorities arise question about that, as I know its genuine and not borrowed. please guide me, looking forward for some serious advice. good luck and wishes for you.

I've calculated my points from CIC website and posting, if possible can u plz check.
Factor Maximum points my score

1 Education 25 25 (12th in 2000, certificate in welding 2001, Bachelors 2003-2006, Masters 2008-2010 )
2 Language Ability 24 16 (L-8,R-7,W-7,S-6.5)
3 Work Experience 21 17 (full time from 2001-2003, part time from 2003-2004) work experience as welder.
4 Age 10 10 27 years
5 Arranged Employment 10 0
6 Adaptability 10 9 spouse ( 2 bachelor's degrees BA,LLB,17years of study, family in Canada)
Total Score 100 77

I have 1 year certificate in welding, actually most of the trades related courses are of one year duration in India. what I'm worried about if CIO bring any objection on work experience. I haven't been to immi. consultant because what I believe is they show you what you want to see. most of the time, it has been found cases delayed due to wrong compilation of papers or insufficient documents by immi. agent. I'm regular reader of you and other members threads. what you suggest me ? from my side all of the documents are ready, and waiting for some serious clarification about some doubts before sending my application. I would like to apply as welder and not on the basis of my Uni. degrees as I have 2.5 years experience as welder before going to Uni.

thanks