+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIENNA OFFICE

stereph

Feb 28, 2014
Hello Everyone!

I am a newbie... I am sponsoring my German husband to come to Canada. We applied in December and my sponsorship was approved on Jan 6, 2014.

I've read back a bit on this thread and there seems to be a spreadsheet that exists showing the people's processing times at the Vienna office. Can someone please tell me where I can find that? Looking to get a better idea of how long the process is going to take.

Thanks!
Stephanie

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stereph said:
Hello Everyone!

I am a newbie... I am sponsoring my German husband to come to Canada. We applied in December and my sponsorship was approved on Jan 6, 2014.

I've read back a bit on this thread and there seems to be a spreadsheet that exists showing the people's processing times at the Vienna office. Can someone please tell me where I can find that? Looking to get a better idea of how long the process is going to take.

Thanks!
Stephanie
Herzlich Willkommen! Welcome to the forum!

You can find the spreadsheet here http://goo.gl/ykHc1P

However I'm not sure if it is up to date.

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
stereph said:
Hello Everyone!

Thanks!
Stephanie
Welcome to the waiting area of Vienna VO ;)

It looks like it's gonna take somewhere between 11-14 months and that is if neither the visa officers nor the main applicants make any booboos :D

CanucksFan

Star Member
Dec 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
Doc's Request.
25-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
25-11-2013 2nd Medical
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 2nd Medical Redone
Interview........
19-11-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2014
LANDED..........
19-04-2014
Hi,
Anyone experiencing issues when sending emails to Vienna VO?

I've tried several times today, and getting the following back:

"This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

vienn-visa@international.gc.ca
re-vienn.immigration@international.gc.ca"

Thanks

newpal

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-13...Sent and recvd 13.01.14
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
17.04.2013 Stage 2 AOR
Med's Request
request 05.03.14 sent & recvd 11.03.2014
Med's Done....
First 19.06.2012
Interview........
NOT APPLICABLE :P
Passport Req..
In Process
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully Today
LANDED..........
Tomorrow
CanucksFan said:
Hi,
Anyone experiencing issues when sending emails to Vienna VO?

I've tried several times today, and getting the following back:

"This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

vienn-visa @ international.gc.ca
re-vienn.immigration @ international.gc.ca"

Thanks
re-vienn.immigration@international.gc.ca

. Delete all the spaces , it will work!!

THANKS

CanucksFan

Star Member
Dec 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
Doc's Request.
25-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
25-11-2013 2nd Medical
Med's Done....
Interview........
19-11-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2014
LANDED..........
19-04-2014
newpal said:
re-vienn.immigration @ international.gc.ca

. Delete all the spaces , it will work!!

THANKS
There are no spaces in the addresses, I just added them here in case they don't display properly, like on some pages.
Thanks anyways :)

gabiroli

Oct 23, 2013
hey guys
Do anybody know where to send the medicals. If i want to redo it. At first we did it in canada.
Do we send it to canada or send it to vienna or london or paris?
Thank You
Roland

CanucksFan

Star Member
Dec 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
Doc's Request.
25-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
25-11-2013 2nd Medical
Med's Done....
Interview........
19-11-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2014
LANDED..........
19-04-2014
gabiroli said:
hey guys
Do anybody know where to send the medicals. If i want to redo it. At first we did it in canada.
Do we send it to canada or send it to vienna or london or paris?
Thank You
Roland
Roland,

I would call the nearest Designated Medical Practitioner, tell them that the file is in Vienna Visa Office, Family Class Sponsorship, give them the UCI/Client Number and Application Number, and they will forward the results to the regional office which will then send it to Vienna. You are only supposed to give them the right info about you as a sponsor, application and client number, and wife's details in Hungary.

BTW:
We got our GCMS notes. Vienna received the medical results within 10 days of the date they were completed, and apparently they are doing the Security Screening now, i.e. they've been doing it for the past 3 months.

What I mean to say is that redoing medical should be the least of your worries. The more important thing is what happens after the medicals, i.e. whether the VO will request the Security Screening that on average takes about 3 months. Check out the first page of this thread and turqouise's copy from another thread with the explanation of the processing stages. So after reading our notes, I am no longer sure I would recommend that you do the medical on your own.

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
CIC has just updated the data spreadsheet (000023.xls: http://data.gc.ca/data/en/dataset/b6f7c54e-ef4b-4ec1-8dde-7315e97d18eb). The data now shows the changes to reflect the 3rd quarter of 2013 (data as of October 9, 2013) and confirms, what you guys have experienced - that Vienna did not do anything in the Family class during this time. The number of open files has increased tremendously:

Selection Decision Final Decision Total (cases)
09.07.2013 356 137 493
09.10.2013 505 111 617

This shows the changes since the last update in early october 2013 (data as of July 2013) with cases awaiting selection or final decision. Don't be confused if you look ak the original spreadsheet, since there are different tables for "cases" and "persons".

Please note: this reflects Quarter 3/2013 and does not take into account the recent progress that some of you experienced during the past months.

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
little_apple said:
Hey guys, another question:

Vienna doesn't believe that I moved into my boyfriend's place in April 2012. So they doubt our common-law status at the time of application.

We have a rental agreement from February 2012 in his name and a letter from the landlord confirming that I moved into the place in April 2012.
Is this enough?

Should I get payment receipts from the landlord for every month we lived there with both of our names on them? Is this believable that someone keeps these receipts for such a long time?
Woah, heck, i'm not on my husband's lease either, and neither is he!!! LOL, the apartment was under his sister's name. What helps out is that i lived in the same building compelx as him for just over 6 months before i moved into his building. We also have a letter from our landlord stating how long he's known me, and a tidbit of what he thinks of us personally/as a couple.
BUT, the most important proof is any bills, bank statements, personal mail that's addressed to you (your name) at the address yall live at. Did you provide copies of your phone bills or bank statements as proof of residency at that address?

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
b4roness said:
Woah, heck, i'm not on my husband's lease either, and neither is he!!! LOL, the apartment was under his sister's name. What helps out is that i lived in the same building compelx as him for just over 6 months before i moved into his building. We also have a letter from our landlord stating how long he's known me, and a tidbit of what he thinks of us personally/as a couple.
BUT, the most important proof is any bills, bank statements, personal mail that's addressed to you (your name) at the address yall live at. Did you provide copies of your phone bills or bank statements as proof of residency at that address?
Before they sent me the doc request they had
- letter from the landlord confirming I moved into my boyfriend's place in April 2012 (utilities included in rent)
- phone bill with the address
- mail coming to the address
- both driver's licences with same address
- joint health insurance
- joint life insurance
- joint bank account (10 month after relationship started)
- updated status with CRA
- joint condo purchase

And all this was not enough. I have another letter from the landlord now, printet out all paystubs, phone bills, bank statements. I will ask our old landlord to write payment receipts with both of our names. We didn't think this was necessary but we don't know what else we could send to Vienna.

You don't need a joint lease. You're married. They make it harder for common-law :-(

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
Aah, forgot you're common law.
But either way, DANG!!! WTF?!?
You have SO MUCH EVIDENCE! What in the world do they want? Still shots from the building security cameras showing that you went in and out every day? (Can you imagine though, that they legit tell you that they'd want that?)

I'm a bit shocked. Can't imagine how you're feeling. =(

Throw everything you can gather at them, including the kitchen sink.

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
b4roness said:
Aah, forgot you're common law.
But either way, DANG!!! WTF?!?
You have SO MUCH EVIDENCE! What in the world do they want? Still shots from the building security cameras showing that you went in and out every day? (Can you imagine though, that they legit tell you that they'd want that?)

I'm a bit shocked. Can't imagine how you're feeling. =(

Throw everything you can gather at them, including the kitchen sink.
It's so frustrating. I even wrote a 2 page explanation letter to explain everything we did and why and when. My initial application was an inch thick, now I'm sending almost another inch. GCMS notes after 9 months showed: NOTHING! Doc request came after 10 months. All that time my file was just sitting there. They make it so difficult for honest people. We decided not to get married for immigration purposes but going the longer way via common-law. A mistake, I believe now... :-(

madam-m

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everybody,
I also applied for PR out-land in Sept.2013.My office is in Vienna. They received file in October.I have CSQ approval.
I am currently in Quebec.I can stay only 6moths,but I don't know if everything ll be over till than.

My questions are:
If they require interview,ll I need to go to Vienna or it can be done in Quebec?
If in meantime I get PR,ll I need to exit from Canada,and reentry again or no,since I am in Canada?
If they ask for PPR,should I send my passport to Vienna from Canada,to visa been issued?or they can issue me visa in Quebec?

I have million questions,this waiting killing me,from getting approved CSQ,nothing,no news.

If anybody knows the answers,thanks in advance.good luck to everybody.