Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
groovebuster said:
Hello everybody...

I am new in this forum and it's my first message in the Vienna office thread.

Seeing the processing time slip is really no good news for us. We are applying from Germany (we are about to send the application in before Christmas). Our plan was that my wife (we are married since almost 13 years, live together since almost 13.5 years here in Germany) is going back to Canada with our two kids and I would follow, as soon as I get my immigration visa. I will use the time to sell our house and to prepare the rest of our household to be moved to Canada, while she is settling down in Canada already.

My wife wanted to go over to Canada next summer so that the kids would be there in time for the new school year... I think we have to reconsider this plan, since I now have to expect not to be a Canadian resident before 2015. It also makes it really complicated to sell the house, since I don't know when I will be able to move, etc...

I think the best would be that we reschedule the whole move to Christmas 2014. Also job wise it starts to be really complicated with the processing time going up and up... Wow. What a mess...

Cheers,

Chris
Hi Chris and welcome to this thread.

I would suggest to start the process asap but have your children start next school year here in Germany because as it appears unlike other visa offices that their actual timeline and the one you see for them on cic website differ by MUCH, Vienna is more than likely to take at least a year (if not more) to process your application.

groovebuster

Sep 25, 2013
Berlin
Category........
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
soon
Avissa said:
Hi Chris and welcome to this thread.

I would suggest to start the process asap but have your children start next school year here in Germany because as it appears unlike other visa offices that their actual timeline and the one you see for them on cic website differ by MUCH, Vienna is more than likely to take at least a year (if not more) to process your application.
Yup, ASAP... But gathering all the papers needed really takes so much time.. translations, certified copies... etc...

I still remember when my wife came to Germany. We needed our marriage certificate and a proof that I am not on welfare. That was it! Took one visit at the german immigration office (Ausländerbehörde) of about 1h. And it costed NADA.

Well, the other way around seems to be "a bit" more complicated...

Toronto ASAP

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2013
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 2014, new PC and Interview invitation
AOR Received.
Stage 1 - 15 Feb 2013, SA 22 Feb 2013
File Transfer...
Stage 2 AOR - 01 March 2013
Med's Done....
11 Jan 2013, 2nd 07 March 2014
Interview........
05 March 2014
Passport Req..
29 April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 May 2014
nada3 said:
Hello everyone,
we sent in an inquiry to Vienna last week:

Dear sir / Madame,
I would like to inquire regarding the status of my application in the Family class; spousal sponsorship. Would you be able to kindly advise if the background checks have been completed and when it is expected to be finalized.
Thank you in advance for taking time to look into this.

Sincerely,
xxxxxxxx

...and the response 7 days later:

Dear xxxxxxx
This refers to your below e-mail .
You will be informed about the further steps in your application after completion of the background checks.
Thank you for your patience.

This is sooo frustrating :mad: :mad: :mad: .... they said nothing!!!! nothing moved for the past 8 months.
I always wonder do they feel stupid responding to emails like this. Repeat your question and then give no answer, I mean come on Vienna!!!! Keep it together Eva!

MrSputnik

Star Member
Aug 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Toronto ASAP said:
I always wonder do they feel stupid responding to emails like this. Repeat your question and then give no answer, I mean come on Vienna!!!! Keep it together Eva!
I always wonder how much more work the officers could actually get done if they would not have to answer such questions all day long. I know waiting is hard ... I am waiting too. But there is simply nothing we can do than wait. It does not speed up the process even if they write you an email each week that they are still waiting for the background check results.

Toronto ASAP

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2013
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 2014, new PC and Interview invitation
AOR Received.
Stage 1 - 15 Feb 2013, SA 22 Feb 2013
File Transfer...
Stage 2 AOR - 01 March 2013
Med's Done....
11 Jan 2013, 2nd 07 March 2014
Interview........
05 March 2014
Passport Req..
29 April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 May 2014
Milance said:
Yesterday i sent a request for gmcs notes. Hopefully it will give us some information. Im currently in serbia with my wife. Im staying with here for 3 months with the hope that she will get her visa so we can come back together but i can see it happening with the holidays coming and the VO taking time off. Im here for another 7 weeks. Im fortunate that we can spend this time together and its amazing but still this process is starting to get to me especially when i think of going home and leaving her behind for the third time and everytime i promise that we will never be apart again lol so much for making promises. I know its hard for those that havent seen their spouse at all during the process but in any case its not easy. And then after awhile i get home sick and miss my family and my dog :) there has to be a better way. They approve 80-90% of cases why not just let everyone come right away and screen them later. If you fail u get deported.
Milance, I know exactly what you mean. I can remember at least 3 times I went with my husband to Surcin airport and he is going back to Canada and the two of us promising each other this is the last time we are being apart for so long. You get used to it which is not a good thing. Accepting that your life depends on some officer or computer who knows where, who knows when... I just can't get used to it.

I like your idea about deportation lol :)

A question, I see your wife's medical expired recently. Were you thinking of inquiring Vienna about that or you are waiting for them to ask for a new one? Mine will expire in January and I want to be proactive. Last year I had to wait at least 2 weeks for a medical in Belgrade, I'm thinking about making an appointment in January again.

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
MrSputnik said:
I always wonder how much more work the officers could actually get done if they would not have to answer such questions all day long. I know waiting is hard ... I am waiting too. But there is simply nothing we can do than wait. It does not speed up the process even if they write you an email each week that they are still waiting for the background check results.
Dear Mr Sputnik,

I have been waiting over 13 months now, so I don't think 1 e-mail in that time is unreasonable! They should keep people informed at least. We are all sitting here like ducks in a row waiting for god knows how long.

Milance

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-13
Doc's Request.
28-01-14
AOR Received.
23-03-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
RE-DO 30-04-14
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
27-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
Toronto ASAP said:
Milance, I know exactly what you mean. I can remember at least 3 times I went with my husband to Surcin airport and he is going back to Canada and the two of us promising each other this is the last time we are being apart for so long. You get used to it which is not a good thing. Accepting that your life depends on some officer or computer who knows where, who knows when... I just can't get used to it.

I like your idea about deportation lol :)

A question, I see your wife's medical expired recently. Were you thinking of inquiring Vienna about that or you are waiting for them to ask for a new one? Mine will expire in January and I want to be proactive. Last year I had to wait at least 2 weeks for a medical in Belgrade, I'm thinking about making an appointment in January again.
Hello Asap,
The main reason i came now was because my wife told me this summer why did you leave me behind and that just broke me. She said she couldnt go thru the holidays again without me and i just couldnt take it anymore. And then i come here and i registered with the police they say you cant be in serbia more then 90 days i told them thats why i booked my trip for 88 days. Then they tell me i was already there in june and 6 months havent passed. That would really be the icing on the cake if i have problems when i try to leave.

Yes the medical expired but until they say otherwise we wont do redo them. They can extend it but it will be a hassle and expense if they request a new medical. A few people on here thought about doing the medical again but everyone says wait until the ask for it. The way i see it if we have waited this long a couple more weeks wont make a difference.

Milance

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-13
Doc's Request.
28-01-14
AOR Received.
23-03-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
RE-DO 30-04-14
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
27-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
nada3 said:
Hi Milance,
you guys might get your process finished sooner as the military is not an issue for your wife...well at least I think women generaly get processed faster then men. My husband sent in the military booklet at their request in april and it's still in background checks.
You are fortunate that you can be together even if it's for a few months. I saw my husband for 1 week in the entire year...we are both getting very frustrated. We were hoping to be together for the holidays, but now it's not going to happen.
Hello Nada,
Yes it gets very tough during the holidays plus her birthday is the day after our Christmas so i know it means alot to her that im able to be here. But again it puts a strain on life and being away from home, family, work. Plus eating cevapi and pljeskavice isnt helping my waistline lol.

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
groovebuster said:
Hello everybody...

I am new in this forum and it's my first message in the Vienna office thread.

Seeing the processing time slip is really no good news for us. We are applying from Germany (we are about to send the application in before Christmas). Our plan was that my wife (we are married since almost 13 years, live together since almost 13.5 years here in Germany) is going back to Canada with our two kids and I would follow, as soon as I get my immigration visa. I will use the time to sell our house and to prepare the rest of our household to be moved to Canada, while she is settling down in Canada already.

My wife wanted to go over to Canada next summer so that the kids would be there in time for the new school year... I think we have to reconsider this plan, since I now have to expect not to be a Canadian resident before 2015. It also makes it really complicated to sell the house, since I don't know when I will be able to move, etc...

I think the best would be that we reschedule the whole move to Christmas 2014. Also job wise it starts to be really complicated with the processing time going up and up... Wow. What a mess...

Cheers,

Chris
Hi Chris and welcome to the forum and the Vienna VO. I am sending my application by the end of this week, so we'll have almost the same timeline :)

Buckle up cause we're in for a tough and long ride. My husband (Canadian) is here with me in Germany, he is not leaving without me, so for us it won't be that bad. But poor you, that you'll have to stay away from your wife and kids. You can visit sure, but short visits I think, since I assume you won't want to leave your job for the moment.

@nada3 - I understand the frustration, their answers are so vague sometimes. I think what they mean in their last email is that they haven't finished the background checks yet. Nothing we can do but wait, wait and wait some more.

I haven't even sent the application in yet, but like I told you before, this is stressing me out so much. Took about 2 and a half months to gather all the documentation. At times I felt like my head was about to pop. But this week I'm just gonna send it and forget about it. Christmas holidays are coming, New Year's, etc., and it will take my mind off things.

I joined a yoga class at my local gym, so on top of my regular gym days, I go and extra day for that, which has helped me a lot with learning to relax. Going to the gym also helps me to let all my frustrations out and after that I'm too tired to worry about anything :)

I know we have 2 interviews coming in December with Vienna for 2 of our members here, so I wish you the best of luck guys! Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
Milance said:
Hello Asap,
The main reason i came now was because my wife told me this summer why did you leave me behind and that just broke me. She said she couldnt go thru the holidays again without me and i just couldnt take it anymore. And then i come here and i registered with the police they say you cant be in serbia more then 90 days i told them thats why i booked my trip for 88 days. Then they tell me i was already there in june and 6 months havent passed. That would really be the icing on the cake if i have problems when i try to leave.

Yes the medical expired but until they say otherwise we wont do redo them. They can extend it but it will be a hassle and expense if they request a new medical. A few people on here thought about doing the medical again but everyone says wait until the ask for it. The way i see it if we have waited this long a couple more weeks wont make a difference.
My husbands medical expired in September, we are also waiting to get a request from Vienna.

europe

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012 redo the medical February 05 2013
Interview........
18-10-2012 in process from that date nov 16 asking for the military booklet
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013 thnx god is over
nada3 said:
My husbands medical expired in September, we are also waiting to get a request from Vienna.
Now i know why Vienna is slow, here you go the new news from Vienna
they are looking to hire more officers

Job Opportunities at the Embassy
In the interests of fair and open competition, we do not maintain a database of potential candidates. Therefore we do not accept applications on a speculative basis or hold resumes on file to be considered for future vacancies.

Our Job Opportunities are only open to individuals who are eligible to work in Austria. Those candidates holding visas not renewable in Austria will not be eligible to apply for this position. The Embassy does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interview, nor does it reimburse any relocation costs. The Canadian Embassy does not sponsor work permit applications.

Job opportunities are listed here, when available.

Job Opportunities2013-11-07 - Intern position at the Commercial Section of the Embassy of Canada; Closing date: November 30, 2013
The staff of Canadian missions consists of two categories: Locally-Engaged Staff and Canada-Based Staff.

Locally-Engaged Staff are recruited locally by the Embassy. Here in Vienna, employment opportunities are posted on our website and/or through various newspapers when a vacant position is to be staffed by way of an open competition. These job opportunities are only open to individuals who are eligible to work in Austria. Those candidates holding visas not renewable in Austria will not be eligible to apply for this position. The Embassy does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interview, nor does it reimburse any relocation costs. The Canadian Embassy does not sponsor work permit applications.

Canada-Based Staff are recruited by various government departments in Canada. They are employees who have a diplomatic status when posted abroad. For information about the Canadian Foreign Service, please refer to the Department of Foreign Affairs website.

Contractual Opportunities at the Embassy
On occasion, contractual opportunities arise at the Embassy and Requests for Proposals are advertised. The contracting process will follow the Government of Canada rules, regulations, and terms and conditions.

Recruitment and Staffing
The recruitment and staffing process for Locally-Engaged Staff consists of a comprehensive series of tests and interviews that will help us – and you – determine whether you are suited for employment with the Canadian Embassy.

Our recruitment and staffing process is driven by our desire to find the right person for the job.

Benefits
Our benefits package aims to support our goal of attracting and retaining the best people for the Canadian Embassy.

We regularly compare ourselves to a select group of other businesses targeting the same pool of talent. This enables us to maintain an attractively positioned salary and benefit package.

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
europe said:

In the interests of fair and open competition, we do not maintain a database of potential candidates. Therefore we do not accept applications on a speculative basis or hold resumes on file to be considered for future vacancies.

Our Job Opportunities are only open to individuals who are eligible to work in Austria. Those candidates holding visas not renewable in Austria will not be eligible to apply for this position. The Embassy does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interview, nor does it reimburse any relocation costs. The Canadian Embassy does not sponsor work permit applications.

Job Opportunities2013-11-07 - Intern position at the Commercial Section of the Embassy of Canada; Closing date: November 30, 2013
The staff of Canadian missions consists of two categories: Locally-Engaged Staff and Canada-Based Staff.

Locally-Engaged Staff are recruited locally by the Embassy. Here in Vienna, employment opportunities are posted on our website and/or through various newspapers when a vacant position is to be staffed by way of an open competition. These job opportunities are only open to individuals who are eligible to work in Austria. Those candidates holding visas not renewable in Austria will not be eligible to apply for this position. The Embassy does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interview, nor does it reimburse any relocation costs. The Canadian Embassy does not sponsor work permit applications.

Canada-Based Staff are recruited by various government departments in Canada. They are employees who have a diplomatic status when posted abroad. For information about the Canadian Foreign Service, please refer to the Department of Foreign Affairs website.

On occasion, contractual opportunities arise at the Embassy and Requests for Proposals are advertised. The contracting process will follow the Government of Canada rules, regulations, and terms and conditions.

Recruitment and Staffing
The recruitment and staffing process for Locally-Engaged Staff consists of a comprehensive series of tests and interviews that will help us – and you – determine whether you are suited for employment with the Canadian Embassy.

Our recruitment and staffing process is driven by our desire to find the right person for the job.

Benefits
Our benefits package aims to support our goal of attracting and retaining the best people for the Canadian Embassy.

We regularly compare ourselves to a select group of other businesses targeting the same pool of talent. This enables us to maintain an attractively positioned salary and benefit package.
It's time... But I don't think they will hire someone before Christmas

sponsor2012

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Fingerprints request 11.03.2013. Redone 19.04.2013 . Vienna received on 23.04.2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
07.01.2012 redone 13.02.2013
Interview........
16.10.2012 in process from 19.10.2012
Passport Req..
11.10.2013 Vienna received on 15.10.2013
VISA ISSUED...
17.10.2013 I received passport on 25.10.2013
LANDED..........
groovebuster said:
Yup, ASAP... But gathering all the papers needed really takes so much time.. translations, certified copies... etc...

I still remember when my wife came to Germany. We needed our marriage certificate and a proof that I am not on welfare. That was it! Took one visit at the german immigration office (Ausländerbehörde) of about 1h. And it costed NADA.

Well, the other way around seems to be "a bit" more complicated...
Germany is a Germany. No one is like Germany. I love that country :D :D :D. If I am on you're place I'll stay in Germany. Everything is better there than in Canada. Germany has better education for the kids, EXCELLENT public transportation such as ICE, S-Bahn and etc for a good price. I don't want to talk about the museums in Germany such as Mercedes, BMW, Deutches Museum in Munich.... You need hours to visit these museums and the tickets are around 8 euros. In Toronto CN Tower is 30 + dollars and you just go up and down. The nice Castles in Germany...... Sorry Groovebuster I love and miss your country very much :( :( :( If I could move there I'll do immediately.

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
europe said:

Recruitment and Staffing

Benefits

But this job opening is just for interns not officers. I don't think they are planning to add to their number of officers :(

alvinn

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 28. 2013
Med's Done....
march 28. 2013
Interview........
december 17. 2013
Passport Req..
january 20 2014
VISA ISSUED...
31 january 2014
LANDED..........
fabruary 7 2014
hey guys..i notice that we got alot marrige couples here...but is there anyone who is under conjugal/common law category here.....