Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Hungary said:
Tom, in my own opinion I would never think if they would pack the files being already in process and send it off. This is my first point to try to calm you my dear Friend. For second, and I've already read this last week, when I was seeking for the address of the Embassy in Vienna,, so what I understand these offices will only deal with TRVs and the Travel documents, like my app just had been submitted. But the family class will definitely stay in Vienna, this is how I understand. I might be wrong though.

Thanks for your kind words to me , again :-[ :)
Dear Hungary and Muby

Belgrade was the VO responsible for all cases just a few years ago. Then one nice day they moved all visa operations for the Balkans to Vienna.
I do hope I am wrong and cannot interpret the message properly. But if something like this occurs it will not be a flawless thing. This happened recently to the Buffalo NY VO and they transferred all the applicant files over to Ottawa. There are many horror stories from the applicants whose files were lost or are still in process after 2 years!
I am not bringing the world's end here friends. I am just assuming and after all this is why I posted this so if someone has more information to try and match it!

Lets see what the good Lord says!

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Hungary said:
I think it's only applies to the new apps. So from the day the offices are open people can or should send it there not to Vienna. But why would they move the applications which are already in process. I seriously doubt they would.

Slovenia, nice!!! Hi neighbour ;)
What files and what process? Has anyone from our thread being in process hehehe

I can see the officers there in Vienna being busy putting our files in nice and warm diplomatic sacks. :p :p

I was informed just today that a friend of mine who applied for spousal PR in December at Rome he received his COPR over two weeks ago. Mind you here that Rome until recently had a posted processing of 14 months and he took his COPR in 8 months.
No wonder you don't see a Rome thread anywhere in the forum! ::)
If you look at Rome is now down to 13 months. (last time I looked two weeks ago it was 14) NICE??

Tom

Muby

Jun 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2013
Doc's Request.
14-04-2013
AOR Received.
Received with application
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
LANDED..........
08-02-2014
OMG Messenger I really hope Vienna can lets our file Clean like before and keep us waiting until when they ready to give it not just to transfer it to Belgrade and some problem will be come into it. wish the will start to do there job not to let us dreaming everyday

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Muby said:
OMG Messenger I really hope Vienna can lets our file Clean like before and keep us waiting until when they ready to give it not just to transfer it to Belgrade and some problem will be come into it. wish the will start to do there job not to let us dreaming everyday
Hi Muby

Our dear friend Sweden has just informed the following. No need to worry! We will stay with Vienna.

Sweden said:
Sorry to disappoint you - but they won't transfer PR applications there. Vienna might get a little faster at PR because they won't have to deal with everything, but the PR applications can not be processed at VAC - Visa Application Centers.

they only deal with temporary residents (study permit, visitor visa etc.) AND travel documents for PRs - but that's not the same as PR applications. Travel documents for PRs are if a PR lands in Canada, is from a non-visa-exempt country, go outside of Canada and needs to travel back to Canada. If the person doesn't have the PR card (since it takes a little over 70 days to get one these days), he will need a travel document confirming his status so that the airline will let him board the plane (pretty much the same way non-visa-exempt applicants get a visa and a COPR).

Good luck!
Sweden

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
Yeah, well Tom, when we became visa exempt to Canada, the office in Budapest closed and moved to Vienna... So I understand your point, I really do.
But again, this post on Vienna webpage says TRV as Permanent Residence travel documents will be processed in those offices. Which is not the same as our (your) permanent resident application in family class.
This Permanent Residence Travel Document is the one I have just sent off on Friday.
I honestly do believe and hope that they wont pack up the family class PR applications and take them to these VACs. I keep my fingers crossed :( but you know, I can imagine everything.....

Good for the fellow who went through Rome, I am kind of jealous but they probably deserve the good news. I wish the bests for all of us!!!!!

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
Heeeyyyy seee!!!!!????? :D :D :D thanks God ;) and thanks Sweden ;)
Where did this quote come from though?

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Hungary said:
Yeah, well Tom, when we became visa exempt to Canada, the office in Budapest closed and moved to Vienna... So I understand your point, I really do.
But again, this post on Vienna webpage says TRV as Permanent Residence travel documents will be processed in those offices. Which is not the same as our (your) permanent resident application in family class.
This Permanent Residence Travel Document is the one I have just sent off on Friday.
I honestly do believe and hope that they wont pack up the family class PR applications and take them to these VACs. I keep my fingers crossed :( but you know, I can imagine everything.....

Good for the fellow who went through Rome, I am kind of jealous but they probably deserve the good news. I wish the bests for all of us!!!!!

Hiya Hungary and a Happy Happy Birthday!

I wish I was dealing from Rome (Greece is Rome VO) but I am not the applicant. It would have never been a problem there. Greece has been Visa exempt from Canada since 1960's. Unfortunately my spouse is from Macedonia and now this! :(

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
Thanks Tom!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Greece is soooooooooo cool, I am sorry that financially it became tough there too :( All it's history of Greece and Rome - Italy as well, it is amazing, I just loved every minute I spent studying about it. I've never been there before though and I don't really dare to hop into the car and drive there, although I could... But not alone with the kids, no way. :) I have a very intelligent relationship with the Father of the kids, we love each other as friends, I suppose he would join me if I decide to go for a vacation :) it would be a great birthday present :) and a looooong trip :D

Toronto ASAP

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2013
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 2014, new PC and Interview invitation
AOR Received.
Stage 1 - 15 Feb 2013, SA 22 Feb 2013
File Transfer...
Stage 2 AOR - 01 March 2013
Med's Done....
11 Jan 2013, 2nd 07 March 2014
Interview........
05 March 2014
Passport Req..
29 April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 May 2014
Ohhhh guys, I am so sorry I did not see your posts about VACs earlier since I got the full info. I contacted the VAC in Belgrade as soon as I found out they were open to ask what is it that they actually do there because I decided to apply for a Visitor visa while waiting for PR Decision to be made, so I also wanted some advice.

Sorry to inform you that they do not have the authority to make ANY kind of decisions concerning visas, everything goes through Vienna still :( They are a VAC and not the VO. So our PR applications WILL NOT move from Vienna, don't worry about that.
What they do is gather documents, check if everything is there, all in all help the applicants, just Temporary Resident Visas and PR documents like someone earlier said (for money of course - 72,3 CAD at the moment so it's rather a good business). They also provide some additional services like filling out the IMM forms, copying, you can track your application on line... you can find the full price list, I was annoyed when I saw it I must admit, for example - printing service 0,30 CAD :)))) But after that they transfer everything to Vienna!!! So you pay the visa processing fees anyway, uhhhhhh. I suppose they process it in Vienna faster bcs it's a kind of assurance. But still with the on line application system they provided few months ago it should be faster even without the VACs, I tried it few days ago so we will see.
I believe the VACs only help people who did not deal with CIC before, or are not sure of their English, filling forms skills...

But we should stay positive, I believe someone will have some good news in the next few weeks, September is our month!!! :)

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Hungary said:
Thanks Tom!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Greece is soooooooooo cool, I am sorry that financially it became tough there too :( All it's history of Greece and Rome - Italy as well, it is amazing, I just loved every minute I spent studying about it. I've never been there before though and I don't really dare to hop into the car and drive there, although I could... But not alone with the kids, no way. :) I have a very intelligent relationship with the Father of the kids, we love each other as friends, I suppose he would join me if I decide to go for a vacation :) it would be a great birthday present :) and a looooong trip :D
Hi again :)

If we are still here in Greece you are more than welcome to come and visit. We have an extra bedroom and we can go to the taverna across from where I live and have some fresh calamari, fried muscles, sardines, from Lesbos (yes the island), Greek salad with ripe tomatoes cucumber oregano, onion, black olives and Feta cheese and top all of those with some ice cold Ouzo :D
Come when you like and spend a lovely weekend with us. As I told you our apartment is only 10 meters from the beach and even in the winter time is so romantic here.
There are daily flights from Vienna to Thessaloniki and our airport is less than 12 km from my home!
Hopefully you will catch us here until we get Aspa's COPR when ever Vienna remembers to look at our files!

Cheers

Tom

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Toronto ASAP said:
Ohhhh guys, I am so sorry I did not see your posts about VACs earlier since I got the full info. I contacted the VAC in Belgrade as soon as I found out they were open to ask what is it that they actually do there because I decided to apply for a Visitor visa while waiting for PR Decision to be made, so I also wanted some advice.

Sorry to inform you that they do not have the authority to make ANY kind of decisions concerning visas, everything goes through Vienna still :( They are a VAC and not the VO. So our PR applications WILL NOT move from Vienna, don't worry about that.
What they do is gather documents, check if everything is there, all in all help the applicants, just Temporary Resident Visas and PR documents like someone earlier said (for money of course - 72,3 CAD at the moment so it's rather a good business). They also provide some additional services like filling out the IMM forms, copying, you can track your application on line... you can find the full price list, I was annoyed when I saw it I must admit, for example - printing service 0,30 CAD :)))) But after that they transfer everything to Vienna!!! So you pay the visa processing fees anyway, uhhhhhh. I suppose they process it in Vienna faster bcs it's a kind of assurance. But still with the on line application system they provided few months ago it should be faster even without the VACs, I tried it few days ago so we will see.
I believe the VACs only help people who did not deal with CIC before, or are not sure of their English, filling forms skills...

But we should stay positive, I believe someone will have some good news in the next few weeks, September is our month!!! :)

Dear friend thank you for the enlightenment.
Never even heard of a VAC before to be honest!
As Europe said once in the past. "From your mouth to God's ear" about September being our month! Let's hope so

Tom

MrSputnik

Star Member
Aug 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
messenger said:
MrSputnik hi and welcome to our Vienna thread

Do not rush to send them off until you have thoroughly checked all the forms for integrity.
Thanks for the tip. Since we are currently waiting for my police certificate I already checked our whole application at least 4-5 times. I do not want to miss anything which could delay our application. I am confident that the application is complete and everything is answered to our best knowledge.

We collected enough prove that we live in a relationship since 2009 and that our relationship is genuine and continuing.

Technically I could already go and get my meds done but since I can get them done every Mo, Tue and Thu without an appointment I am waiting for my police certificate to arrive so my VISA will be valid for as long as possible once it is processed.

sponsor2012

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Fingerprints request 11.03.2013. Redone 19.04.2013 . Vienna received on 23.04.2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
07.01.2012 redone 13.02.2013
Interview........
16.10.2012 in process from 19.10.2012
Passport Req..
11.10.2013 Vienna received on 15.10.2013
VISA ISSUED...
17.10.2013 I received passport on 25.10.2013
LANDED..........
messenger said:
Hi again :)

If we are still here in Greece you are more than welcome to come and visit. We have an extra bedroom and we can go to the taverna across from where I live and have some fresh calamari, fried muscles, sardines, from Lesbos (yes the island), Greek salad with ripe tomatoes cucumber oregano, onion, black olives and Feta cheese and top all of those with some ice cold Ouzo :D
Come when you like and spend a lovely weekend with us. As I told you our apartment is only 10 meters from the beach and even in the winter time is so romantic here.
There are daily flights from Vienna to Thessaloniki and our airport is less than 12 km from my home!
Hopefully you will catch us here until we get Aspa's COPR when ever Vienna remembers to look at our files!

Cheers

Tom

Hello Tom

I miss your food. There is a very nice restaurant in Pefkochori it's called Bakalis and it has the best sea food that I have eaten in my life. Calamari, Barbuni ..... mmmmmmm

I don't have news from Vienna. I hope soon.

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
sponsor2012 said:
Hello Tom

I miss your food. There is a very nice restaurant in Pefkochori it's called Bakalis and it has the best sea food that I have eaten in my life. Calamari, Barbuni ..... mmmmmmm

I don't have news from Vienna. I hope soon.

Hi sponsor! How are you? Is it getting nippy by the day already September 2nd. Wow

Barbouni is one of my favorite fishes too. Its so good especially lightly fried with just a little squeeze of lemon. We buy it from our open market every opportunity we get. This week we couldn't find it and we bought tsipoura and we going to bake it in the oven with olive oil, oregano and lemon juice!
I do pray for you that any day now, you will get a call to receive your COPR. I just pray the same for every other member from 2012 and for us 2013 members.

Spaska is now on her term month but we might need to come to Skopje to get some documents. In case that we do we will give you a call to have some coffee and meet each other

Regards

Tom

Toronto ASAP

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2013
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 2014, new PC and Interview invitation
AOR Received.
Stage 1 - 15 Feb 2013, SA 22 Feb 2013
File Transfer...
Stage 2 AOR - 01 March 2013
Med's Done....
11 Jan 2013, 2nd 07 March 2014
Interview........
05 March 2014
Passport Req..
29 April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 May 2014
messenger said:
Dear friend thank you for the enlightenment.
Never even heard of a VAC before to be honest!
As Europe said once in the past. "From your mouth to God's ear" about September being our month! Let's hope so

Tom
Oh yeah Tom, I also found out recently that VAC stands for Visa Application Center. And the expression "From your mouth to God's ear" is very often in Serbian so I see what Europe wanted to say, she is always so hopeful and positive. We could now say from our mouth to Vienna officer's ears :)

The good news I got this morning is a passport request from Vienna for my Visitor visa, they approved it in less than a day and a half since I sent it on line on Friday and they were closed yesterday. So they are alive and moving faster than ever at least for TRVs!!!

Spread this news please to everyone who is afraid to apply for a Visitor visa while in process for Sponsorship PR. It is not impossible to visit your loved ones while waiting!!! Look for DUAL INTENT procedure to get more info about what is important to emphasize in your TRV application. I believe a letter we wrote explaining the circumstances played a crucial role (why he cannot visit me again, that we just want to travel, spend holidays together and celebrate our marriage anniversary, that with the prolonging processing times we might not see each for sooo long, that I understand I have to return to my home country after that of course, proof of my ongoing studies, ownership of car, land, bank accounts, scholarships... all ties to my home country). I did work hard on the application but it was worth it. At the beginning it seemed like almost impossible and now we have a way to see each other in case I don't get the PR in the next 2 months or more, which I hope won't be our case guys!!!

@Hungary: Thanks again for your advice and encouragement!!!