feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
STATUS CHANGED TO DECISION MADE ON JULY 1ST
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
JK145 said:
Yes I understand the fact that you have more oppt in the states and by all means go for it. Just dont sigh and whine so much about how citizenship is inconviniencing you because it is not.
You dont have to tell what and how i have to do about canadian citizenship. I am trying to express my views over this forum.
I dont see any logic why you are trying to get in contradiction with me .

Why in all means you are trying to act as a citizenship judge ?

JK145

Feb 14, 2013
I am not being a judge. I am just saying Canada is very relaxed about how it gives citizenship. Even if you are out of the country you can still get (though RQ may come). No other country will even consider giving it to a non resident. On the other hand, if your career is that important, you can leave and try getting a green card there (though i think you know that can take upto a decade)

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaycrew said:
Msafiri, not sure I understand your comment relating to PR cards expired while undergoing the citizenship process. I applied for Citizenship in May 2011 and have not received a test date yet. My PR card expired in the process and I applied for renewal in October 2012. Did not hear anything back regarding my PR card either.

What do I do in this case? Am I destined to get RQ'd?
You misunderstand me. You need to maintain your PR status until oath date because this is a requirement of the Citizenship Act. Having a valid PR Card does not necessarily mean you have maintained your PR status.

In your situation CIC are aware of your PR Card renewal so it won't in itself directly be an issue.

Those who leave Canada for more than 3 years after their citizenship application unless in specific categories e.g accompanying a Citizen spouse and have not yet had their oath risk not getting the oath if CIC determine/find e.g at the test or even oath date they are in breach of the Residence Obligation (RO).

Its getting easier to be in breach of the RO because the citizenship processing application times are getting longer especially if you get RQd.