+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Very Very Urgent Infor required

crocdile

Nov 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Excellent! Don't forget that you are not alone. One day, we will have the opportunity to tell what we have learned in Canada!

roam

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Pradeep,
We both are in the same boat I have the same questions whats in your mind...the only difference is I will be eligible to apply for citizenship in Dec 2013. whats your email address?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pkakula said:
Ok guys i am seriously thinking not to step in to USA until i get my passport .But waiting another 2 years is so painful given i do not get any RQ.
i have travelled to USA for about 7 times in a total of 9 days and i do have proofs for these.
I am assuming that even after submitting the proofs they do not send me an RQ.
Its your call on making an application but its a good idea to apply once you are eligible. If an RQ is issued and presents a problem then you can either return to Canada to maintain your PR or remain in the US and either ask CIC to close your file or ignore their communications and they will class you application as abandoned.

jaycrew

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Msafiri said:
Sorry no offence but 10K is pocket change to CIC..if they gave Citizenship on the basis of 10K RRSPs there would be a line up to the south pole with triple that money.

Your strategy could work but you need to make sure:

1. Your address is reliable for receiving mail from CIC which can be at short notice.

2. You retain your PR status until oath date. Current citizenship processing time is quoted as 21 months for a routine application so its getting more difficult to maintain PR if you leave Canada for lengthy periods soon after filing for citizenship. This risk intensifies if you get RQ'd as it increases processing times.

You may get RQd at any stage of the process including when you return for the test and the citizenship officer decides to verify your details...it doesn't matter that you already had 1095 days CIC can still RQ you. You may consider this unfair as it introduces a 'deserving of citizenship' aspect instead of the legal 'qualifies for citizenship criteria but its happening to applicants.
Msafiri, not sure I understand your comment relating to PR cards expired while undergoing the citizenship process. I applied for Citizenship in May 2011 and have not received a test date yet. My PR card expired in the process and I applied for renewal in October 2012. Did not hear anything back regarding my PR card either.

What do I do in this case? Am I destined to get RQ'd?

pkakula

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
sep 2009
AOR Received.
nov 2nd 2009
File Transfer...
sep 9th 2009
Med's Request
feb 01 2010
Med's Done....
feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
STATUS CHANGED TO DECISION MADE ON JULY 1ST
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
Mary Chad said:
It can create an issue and you might end up receiving RQ.

hello mary chad,

i have changed my decision today and will not be going to usa on work permit.

now my plan is to apply for citizenship in Aug end 2013 . should i have to get CBSA reports for the days i have been in USA on visit/business?

i have spend total of 10 days in 7 visits to USA.

Is it better to get CBSA report now or just before applying? Kindly suggest!!!!

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pkakula said:
hello mary chad,

i have changed my decision today and will not be going to usa on work permit.

now my plan is to apply for citizenship in Aug end 2013 . should i have to get CBSA reports for the days i have been in USA on visit/business?

i have spend total of 10 days in 7 visits to USA.

Is it better to get CBSA report now or just before applying? Kindly suggest!!!!
Please check the new application format, people reporting that now CIC asking for CBSA consent, so you don't have to get the report,
Let's see what other fellow members suggest.

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Mary Chad said:
Pradeep it's your choice, was just telling you what's happening these days,I am stuck on Jr. position(with senior experience) in my company just because of the fact that Sr position requires me to have security clearance & Citizenship, i waited more than 2 years in Citizenship process and now issued RQ where i have been asked to wait for another 48 months,i hope it's lesser than that but yes so far that's what Cic quoting. So total process can take some where from 2-6 years.
Mary Chad,
If you do not work in a government related (funded) institution you are a victim of discrimination. Every PR has the right to work and live anywhere in Canada. Only government funded institutions can choose to yield Canadian citizen for certain jobs. Any other company cannot just make up their own rules. If you would fight this you'll win this case in court. Your case is a typical example about Canadian society. You be able to find this kind of discrimination in multiple places. I am sure you told this your MP when you complained about your RQ. One should sue the government for income losses because of delays in citizenship applications.

Mike

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikeathome said:
Mary Chad,
If you do not work in a government related (funded) institution you are a victim of discrimination. Every PR has the right to work and live anywhere in Canada. Only government funded institutions can choose to yield Canadian citizen for certain jobs. Any other company cannot just make up their own rules. If you would fight this you'll win this case in court. Your case is a typical example about Canadian society. You be able to find this kind of discrimination in multiple places. I am sure you told this your MP when you complained about your RQ. One should sue the government for income losses because of delays in citizenship applications.

Mike
Hi Mike you are correct, but i have so many things already going in my life, i don't want to take that route for now, but if i still don't hear from Cic by the end of this year, i will look into legal options.
Btw can't discuss about my job on forum, but my company does projects for Gov and their requirement for SC & Cit is legit.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Exactly the same in the uk. No citizenship = no security clearance for government work.

pkakula

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
sep 2009
AOR Received.
nov 2nd 2009
File Transfer...
sep 9th 2009
Med's Request
feb 01 2010
Med's Done....
feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
zardoz said:
Exactly the same in the uk. No citizenship = no security clearance for government work.
I agree with mary and zardoz . I have to reject a high paying job in USA due to lack of citizenship and concern about delay if i go to usa
on work permit.

All i could do is wait and see until i become old enough to retire ;D

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:
pkakula said:
I agree with mary and zardoz . I have to reject a high paying job in USA due to lack of citizenship and concern about delay if i go to usa
on work permit.

All i could do is wait and see until i become old enough to retire ;D
Lol :) :) :) :) :)

JK145

Feb 14, 2013
I do not understand why waiting for citizenship (assuming you do not get RQ) is seen as a hinderance to moving to US. If you get RQ i understand why it is a problem and there is merit in complaining. But for someone like pkakula to complain because he thinks the regular citizenship process is hindering his job opportunity in the US is ridiculous. The reason Canada will give citizenship is for people to grow Canada.

pkakula

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
sep 2009
AOR Received.
nov 2nd 2009
File Transfer...
sep 9th 2009
Med's Request
feb 01 2010
Med's Done....
feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
JK145 said:
I do not understand why waiting for citizenship (assuming you do not get RQ) is seen as a hinderance to moving to US. If you get RQ i understand why it is a problem and there is merit in complaining. But for someone like pkakula to complain because he thinks the regular citizenship process is hindering his job opportunity in the US is ridiculous. The reason Canada will give citizenship is for people to grow Canada.
Well i dont want to get in to details of what my profession is however ,my profession has fewer opportunities in canada than in states .
People can grow provided they are given opportunities . I will not step in to USA if there are opportunities over here .
I think its an individual choice giving citizenship doesn't mean that you can not take opportunities which are better over there in states.
Government can not dictate what we need to do ,we have to be left with a choice .I can always come back to canada having worked in states for a while.Hope that clarifies the point .

JK145

Feb 14, 2013
Yes I understand the fact that you have more oppt in the states and by all means go for it. Just dont sigh and whine so much about how citizenship is inconviniencing you because it is not.