+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Very delayed e-certificate - Advice on getting a response from the IRCC?

RyanC54

Aug 1, 2021
I completed the virtual oath ceremony (June 4th) and signed+emailed the oath form, but my citizenship e-certificate has not been available to download. It has now been 25 business days and this was communicated to require no more than 2-5 business days to be available. I have also now received instructions to download the e-certificate twice, but continue to receive this error on the online portal: "There were issues submitting your form. Your e-Certificate is not available. Please try again 2-5 business days after you provided your signed Oath of Citizenship."

I have called IRCC support, and they have confirmed that all documents (including oath form) have been received from my end, it is now up to the IRCC Mississauga office to take the next step. Is there an avenue I can still try to get a response from the IRCC on my case? Is there a better way to get a response from the Mississauga office? I have travel plans coming up in a month and I still need to apply for a passport after this...

What else I’ve tried:
  • Sending the IRCC webform twice:
    • In the first webform I re-sent my oath form and asked for an update. They responded that the document was received but did not answer my question.
    • In my second webform, I specifically asked why there’s a delay and what I need to do. They replied I need to follow the instructions they sent by email; the instructions that direct me to use the online portal that I just said isn’t working…
  • Online account status:
    • Mine is just not accurate. it still shows I’m in the first stage of the citizenship process and I have already completed the oath ceremony.
  • Website tips:
    • Their online troubleshooting recommended trying different browsers and clearing cache. This did not change the error I was receiving.
  • Contacting local MP:
    • The office of my local MP helped enquire about my application status and received an update to report this as a Technical Error on the online portal, with instructions on how to do so.
    • Their instructions were no longer accurate but I managed to find a webform about technical errors from the help centre. I sent the webform related to technical errors on the online portal on July 5th. No reply yet.
  • Emailing the Mississauga IRCC office directly.
    • Emailed July 3rd. No reply yet.
  • Checking email spam
    • Checking weekly as well - no communications have been missed.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Absolute worst case : contact a local journalist. One "IRCC is doing shit work" article and your problem will be magically solved in approximately 7 minutes.

RyanC54

Aug 1, 2021
Have you tried emailing the Mississauga citizenship email address directly? Check your oath invitation, the email address would be on there.

You can also try: IRCC.ECertificatePilot-PiloteCertificatE.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
I finally received it!!

I can't thank you enough because I finally received a response 12hours after contacting the email you provided. Their automated message said they are winding down this inbox for these type of inquiries, but they still responded. And within an hour of their response, the e-certificate was available on the portal.