+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VARIOUS IMMIGRATION PROGRAMMES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN CANADA

ELARISH

Dec 16, 2015
Hi all,

I have completed B.E Computer science in 2009.
Percentage 67%.
Backlogs are more than 20.
IELTS score overall 7.
Work experience 6 years of IT experience in Testing& business analysis.

Can you help me is there going to be any problem during my student visa process. i am planning to pursue Post graduate program in Project management .
Also please suggest me universities or colleges where admissions will be easier to get. Affordable universities or colleges in canada.

Thanks in advance.
Ela

golden_leaf123

May 31, 2016
Hello everyone! I am an Indian currently putting up in Bali. I need some vital information regarding the procedure to get a student visa from someone who is extremely experienced in this field. I am 28 years old, going to turn 29 this August. I have a couple of queries that are as follows :-

1) Can a friend of mine sponsor me for everything?
2) What is the cheapest 1 year course available currently?

Guys, to start up with the procedure, I would need brick by brick guidance. Looking forward to hear from you people soon!

rajveer69

Jun 5, 2016
Got unconditional offer letter from university of windsor for Meng mechanical (automotive option)
havin no gap in studies with btech percentage of 79%. Ielts score 7 with 6+ in each module.
I hav paid my first year tuition fee and also GIC funds! Moreover bank loan of 7.5lac is also there
What are m chances of getting visa? And do I need to write SOP to VO?

arun1990

Nov 19, 2015
Visa Office......
Sydney/new delhi
NOC Code......
Noc B
App. Filed.......
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
File Transfer...
18-4-2016
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
6-1-2016
Passport Req..
God knows
VISA ISSUED...
God knows
LANDED..........
2-1-2012
Hey guys just giving u some info about Ontario. Don't come here to study in spp colleges. U will end up not qualifying for Ontario pnp. Ontario also closed masters pnp without job offer. Its better u guys study in QC or mb or even sask for that matter. Just giving u some insights that I have seen in past four years.agencies push u for Ontario coll becuz they get more commission BTW any Kannada student visa aspirants??? All d bst

jredlom

May 23, 2016
Will i get a visa for a six weeks studies at McGill?

I am 23 years of age from Ghana,I have a flight attendant (Cabin Crew) certificate and an Associate degree in Hospitality management.I have gain admission from McGill University for a one session (Six Weeks) French Language and culture program.I am self employed now and have registered my business in my name.Tuition fee and insurance has fully been paid. My mother will be sponsoring me fully. My reason for choosing the french language course is is to have French language as a second language which will greatly improves my chance of getting hired by airline companies or hotels.I want to know my chances of getting the visa which will enable to travel to Canada and have my studies,what document will I have to take with me to the embassy.

NB:The reason why my mother will be sponsoring me is because my business is a barely two years and don't have much funds to sponsor my self.

Engr_Pilot

Mar 31, 2016
Hey!!
Hope you all doing good.i need your help.i applied for student visa from UAE in March. i received an email that a final decision has been made and submit your passport but when i submitted the passport i received another email that your application is pending because of background checks. its almost now three months since my passport is with the embassy. the processing time was 10 days and now its more than three months...any help would be really appreciated thanks.

assistcanada

Jun 10, 2016
rajveer69 said:
Got unconditional offer letter from university of windsor for Meng mechanical (automotive option)
havin no gap in studies with btech percentage of 79%. Ielts score 7 with 6+ in each module.
I hav paid my first year tuition fee and also GIC funds! Moreover bank loan of 7.5lac is also there
What are m chances of getting visa? And do I need to write SOP to VO?

Positive
SOP is not asked as per check list but if u wish no harm

chebe01

Jun 17, 2016
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the engaging forum!!

I've been offered admission to Waterloo for a PhD with guaranteed 4yrs funding (34k CAD per year). I am currently an academic staff with a uni in South Africa (where I obtained my masters degree in 2011). I applied for my study visa online and uploaded my admission letter, upfront medicals, police clearance, funding letter, my 6 month bank statement, and bank statements from my parents in naija. In my LOE, I indicated that the account statements from my parents was to indicate that they are willing and able to support me if the need arises ( my account statement and funding letter is sufficient IMO; my account balance is approx. 12k CAD).

I have been following the conversations on the forum and notice that people also submit their English proficiency test scores, masters certificate, pay slips, education evaluations (WES), etc. Should I send a case inquiry and submit these documents? I am already worried that the processing time in SA is ludicrous and wouldn't want my application to be unduly delayed.

I applied on the 11th of May, did my biometrics on the 6th of June. Biometrics status changed to "not needed at this time" but no other update as yet.

Pls what do you advice? Am I missing any crucial document?........when it comes to ties at home, it even gets more worrisome. My parents are in Nigeria, I have a permanent residency status in South Africa and also have a sister living here in SA with her family. I have two brothers in the US and another sister in Lagos. Will this prove to be a problem regarding my "ties to home country"?

jalvan1610

Jun 23, 2016
hi i am looking for student visa in Toronto
and i want to go for DIPLOMA COURSE but i appeared in IELTS last month and i got L 6.5 S 6 R 5.5 WR 5.5 SO CAN I ELIGIBLE FOR STUDENT VISA OR NOT PLEASE HELP ME ABOUT THIS

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
I got admission to Waterloo for my masters in mathematics.... only to realise they have now closed the ontario pnp... what should i do T.T ... i regret not applying to manitoba or saskatchewan for my masters ... its a struggle to get PR these days...

1LukeSkywalker

Jun 27, 2016
Hello everyone!

I took the IELTS general module for my PNP application. The Canadian university that I applied to for my master's does not require me to provide English proficiency since I did my bachelor's in the US (so all the teaching was in English).
I was wondering if I have to take IELTS academic module to apply for a student visa.

Thanks in advance!

steph_2015

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Hi Tiger,

I have a few questions regarding the BCPNP. I wonder if you could answer them.

1. I know that it states that you need a job offer for all except for those who have studied in Canada, can one still apply?
2. Similarly, for the direct related work- can we get points for the work done outside Canada?
3. How close should the job titles and description match the NOC?
4. If we receive the nomination, do we have to apply for the job in the NOC we applied?
5. Also, regarding the EE skilled worker, we have to provide the police certificates - does that have an expiration date?

I would really appreciate your feedback. Thank you loads.

tiger007 said:
UPDATE: [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]AUGUST 2013[/size][/size][/size] --Check the Official website links for detailed information.

PNPs:

1. Alberta -

International Graduate criteria:
Open to students of all provinces. Have obtained a diploma, degree, or have completed a graduate level program from a publicly funded community college, trade/technical school or university in Alberta or Canada, or at a private institution in Alberta authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees.
Have graduated from a Canadian educational program that was a minimum of two years in length at the undergraduate level or a minimum of one year at the graduate level.
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-eds-international-graduate-criteria.aspx

International Graduate Sub categories:
Those who study skilled trade qualifications, will have to apply under Compulsory and optional trades criteria with a skilled job offer in their trade (as part of strategic recruitment stream). NO requirement to work for certain months.
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-srs-compulsory-optional-trades-criteria.aspx

There is also an Engineering occupations criteria, again as part of the strategic recruitment stream.
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-srs-engineering-occupations-criteria.aspx

2. NL - If the recognized course of minimum of two years in length at the undergraduate level or a minimum of one year at the graduate/PG level. ,is done from an educational institute based in NL province, then no need to work for any duration. 1 can directly apply for PNP nomination , provided they have a skilled job offer (NOC O,A or B), in their field of study in province of NL. Students who have completed their studies from an educational institute based outside the province of NL, must work for 12 months in a skilled job before applying for NL PNP.
http://www.nlpnp.ca/student.html

3. Ontario - Only for Ontario based universities -Master and PHD graduates.. no job offer needed, direct PNP provided, provided 1 meets certain conditions such as showing 11,083$ consistently for past 6 months (at the time of applying without job). One also needs to spend atleast 1 year in Ontario and can apply in the final sem of their studies (like if Master is of more than 1 year).
A graduate or will soon be graduating from a Masters program from one of Ontario's publicly funded universities, may be able to apply to Opportunities Ontario for nomination as a permanent resident, under the International Student Category's Masters Graduate Stream. Opportunities Ontario has a target of 1,300 nominations in 2013.
A graduate of a PhD program in one of Ontario's publicly funded universities, may be able to apply to Opportunities Ontario for nomination as a permanent resident, under the International Student Category's PhD Graduate Stream. Opportunities Ontario has a target of 1,300 nominations in 2013.
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_MASTERS.html
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_MASTERSAPPLY.html#_qualify
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_PHD.html
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_PHDAPPLY.html#_qualify

For other graduates (of both Ontario based educational institutes and graduates of other provinces ) who are not Master or PHD degree holders.. one must apply under International Students with a Job Offer.
There is a whole set of rules including getting a skilled job offer (NOC O,A or B) from a pre- approved employer is required. No need to work for certain number of months, and direct PNP nomination if shown skilled approved employer 's job offer.
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_JOB.html

4. Manitoba- Starting 1st April 2013, MPNP has brought changes to the entire process. Now, proof of strong connection to Manitoba is MUST, to qualify under this new points based scheme. One can show strong connection in 3 ways - 1. By studying in a Manitoba based institution, 2. Previous work experience in Manitoba (atleast 6 months) or 3. Have a close or distant relative or a friend who is PR/citizen residing permanently in Manitoba willing to nominate you. Students of Manitoba means to be a student studying a minimum 1 year course in a recognized Manitoba based institution. All Manitoba based students MUST apply under this new points criteria, where one MUST score minimum 60 points. No work ex or finding a job required for Manitoba students. Perhaps the easiest route, if one already has 60 points. In-case, if Manitoba based student is falling short of 60 points, then must find any job, do it for minimum 6 months, and get 12 points for Manitoba work ex under Adaptability. Outside province students must work for minimum 6 months ANY job in Manitoba, and hence establish strong connection to Manitoba thereby securing 12 points under adaptability and pass the points test with minimum 60 points.
http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how-to-immigrate/eligibility/
Self Assessment Points calculator: http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/asset_library/2013/05/manitoba-immigration-mpnp-points-worksheet-interactive.pdf

5. B.C -

International students:
Usually should have completed a min. 12 months course in or outside B.C. Should have pursued an approved degree programme form an approved educational institute. Should have a full time skilled (NOC O,A or B) job offer. The job offer must be from an approved employer. There is no need to work for certain number of months.
The BC PNP will also consider applications for positions under Skill Levels C and D of the NOC Matrix where the employer can demonstrate that there is a structured plan for career progression to an occupation at Skill Level 0, A or B. Nominee applicants whose eligibility is based on a job offer in a NOC C or D occupation may be required to submit a language proficiency test.
http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/immigrate-BC/Provincial-Nominee-Program-Home/Strategic-Occupations-Home/International-Graduates-Home.aspx

International Post-Graduates Stream:
Nominee Applicants to the International Post-Graduates category must have satisfied the requirements for an eligible masters or doctorate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in BC within the last two years.
Provided they meet certain conditions and have passed out with an eligible graduate degree, direct PNP nomination and PR is possible, without any job offer. No caps.
Eligible Graduate Degree Programs
A graduate degree (masters or earned doctorate) awarded for studies in the natural, applied or health sciences. This includes programs in the following fields of study:
•Agriculture
•Biological and Biomedical Sciences
•Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services
•Engineering
•Engineering Technology
•Health Professions and Related Clinical Sciences
•Mathematics and Statistics
•Natural Resources Conservation and Research
•Physical Sciences
http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/immigrate-BC/Provincial-Nominee-Program-Home/Strategic-Occupations-Home/International-Post-Graduates-Pilot-Project-Home.aspx

Designated Health Professionals Stream:
Applications in this category are limited to:
Registered nurses, psychiatric nurses and physicians recruited by provincial and regional health authorities administered through Health Match BC, and who meet the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)'s requirements
Midwives who meet the Provincial Nominee Program's requirements
http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/Provincial-Nominee-Program-Home/Strategic-Occupations-Home/Designated-Health-Professionals-Home.aspx

There is another Entry Level and Semi-Skilled stream for foreign workers, where NOC C and D jobs are usually considered under 2 years pilot project (till March 2014) in Northeast Development Region of B.C for 3 specific sectors -
•Tourism and Hospitality
•Long-Haul Trucking
•Food Processing
where, applicants need to gain 9 months work experience. So, students after getting PGWP..can go for PR via this route too.
To know more about this B.C PNP pilot Entry Level and Semi-Skilled stream see:
http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/immigrate-BC/Provincial-Nominee-Program-Home/Strategic-Occupations-Home/Entry-Level-and-Semi-Skilled-Workers-Home.aspx

6. Saskatchewan- Rules remain same as before for students applying to SINP under Post-Graduation Work Permit Stream (any job with 6 months work ex. for Sask. students and min 1 year work ex. for outside province students)) OR Sask. Master's and PhD Graduate Stream (no job offer required, provided one meets certain conditions) BUT Effective May 21, 2013 the SINP will accept a maximum number of applications in each category for the remainder of the calendar year but will continue to process all applications currently in inventory.. This means every year only a very few limited number of students can apply on 1st come 1st serve basis.
APPLICATION INTAKE THRESHOLDS AS OF August 12, 2013
Students - Out of Province Graduates 175
Students - Saskatchewan Graduates 100

Hence, it has become very tough now to compete and qualify. Same quota rule applies for applicants to the SINP Health Professions Category, who must already be working full-time in Saskatchewan as a physician, nurse or other health professional on a temporary work permit for at least six months in order to apply. Hence, now SINP/Saskatchewan is no longer an option for easy PR.
http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/sinp
http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/student
http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/health-professions

7. Quebec Programs -
Quebec graduate stream (PEQ) :Do any 2 acd. years/ 1800 hours UG diploma course or 2 UG courses combining to total 1800 hours of study in Quebec, or Bachelor/Master/PHD degrees.. in Quebec in FRENCH medium OR if studies done in English medium then show minimum UPPER intermediate level FRENCH language proficiency (from Aug 1 2013).. like passing DLEF B2 exam (with required marks of 16/25 in Listening and Speaking and overall minimum 50/100). Then once can qualify for direct CSQ/ Quebec selection certificate within 20 days under this stream . No questions asked but French UPPER intermediate level compulsory. In reality one of the easiest PR programme.. no work ex or job offer needed nor need to wok for any number of months... nothing.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/index.html

Quebec Regular program : Foreign student in Québec studying high demand qualifications (only Quebec degrees/diplomas under Section A -16 points or Section B- 12 points are considered, as mentioned on the new 2013 List of Area of Training) which are less than 1800 hours/2 academic years can qualify under this route. It is a points based stream where French was not compulsory till Dec. 2012. On Jan 2013, Quebec govt. amended their charter of language, where ALL immigrants MUST know minimum Basic DELF A1 level proficiency... BUT now since new rules from 1 Aug. 2013, applicants will need to get till level 4 or pass atleast DELF B2 French exam even to get minimum points for French proficiency (http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-immigration-language-proficiency.html). However, under this Regular route French proficiency till level 4/DELF B2 is NOT compulsory. One must get minimum 49 points to get called for interview (where remaining 6 points will be given on adaptability factors) or directly get min. 55 points so as to get direct CSQ without interview or need for any adaptability points. One must study a minimum 12 or 16 points category Quebec qualification (see new 2013 List of Area of Trainign pdf document) to qualify under this stream. It's comparatively a lengthy route with much much longer processing times (as compared to Quebec graduate stream) . Moreover, this route has limitied seats as it is clubbed with Quebec skilled worker's program,where the Ministère will receive a maximum of 20,000 new applications per year for a Certificat de séléction du Québec under the Program for skilled workers. This 20,000 quota is not applicable for students who have a valid job offer (minimum NOC C). But, despite risks (only 20,000 limited seats or finding a valid job and long processing times), it's the only way for international students studying 16 or 12 points recognized Quebec diploma and with Basic French proficiency to have a chance at qualifying for CSQ, provided they have advanced English abilities (IELTS score) and preferably study a 16 points diploma.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-quebec/index.html
To know about High demand qualifications for applying under regular program see new 2013 List of Area of Training: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/list-training.pdf
New Quebec immigration rules and procedures starting 1 Aug. 2013: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/rules-procedures.html

AND

8. Federal Programs-
CEC: International students need to find ANY full time skilled job in any province (outside Quebec) and do it for 1 year. Then, will be eligible for direct PR under federal CEC.

FSW PHD stream: Any international student enrolled in a PhD program in Canada who has finished at least two years of study toward a PhD and has accumulated atleast 1 year of full time or equivalent part time work experience as teaching assistant ( skilled occupation - 4012 Post-secondary teaching and research assistants) can apply for PR directly. Limited to only 1000 applications. per year.
The last cap year began on November 1, 2012, and ended on May 3, 2013. The new cap year began on May 4, 2013, and will end on April 30, 2014.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should thoroughly go through the official websites too.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a few questions regarding the BC PNP.
BC PNP or BC PNP EE?

1. I know that it states that you need a job offer for all except for those who have studied in Canada,
You have to have either a job or a job offer. (Different streams)
2. Similarly, for the direct related work- can we get points for the work done outside Canada?
Have you looked at https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/B-C-Provincial-Nominee-Program/About-the-BC-PNP
3. How close should the job titles and description match the NOC?
It is not necessary to match Job titles but job duties have to coincide with NOC description for 75-80%.
4. If we receive the nomination, do we have to apply for the job in the NOC we applied?
I do not think so.
5. Also, regarding the EE skilled worker, we have to provide the police certificates - does that have an expiration date?
The program does not matter. Police certificate should not be older than 3 months.

steph_2015

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Hi Regina,

Thanks for replying back to my post. I am a little confused as to which stream is best. I am an international student in BC and would like to apply for PR, instead of waiting for my degree to end and then apply. My current score for EE FSW is 393, and the only way I can boost is through nomination. Correct me if I am wrong, for both BC PNP and BC PNP EE requires a job or job offer unless you have are eligible for the International Post Graduate or a degree from Canada right?

I would appreciate your feedback on this.

Regina said:
BC PNP or BC PNP EE?
You have to have either a job or a job offer. (Different streams) Have you looked at https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/B-C-Provincial-Nominee-Program/About-the-BC-PNP It is not necessary to match Job titles but job duties have to coincide with NOC description for 75-80%. I do not think so. The program does not matter. Police certificate should not be older than 3 months.
Regina said:
BC PNP or BC PNP EE?
You have to have either a job or a job offer. (Different streams) Have you looked at https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/B-C-Provincial-Nominee-Program/About-the-BC-PNP It is not necessary to match Job titles but job duties have to coincide with NOC description for 75-80%. I do not think so. The program does not matter. Police certificate should not be older than 3 months.

CJS7

Jul 15, 2016
Hi i am 40yrs old indian having 19 years of work experience completed graduation (regular ) in 1996 and MBA (correspondence) in 2011 can i apply for student visa for PG courses/diploma courses in Canada please provide your suggestions