Med's Request
feb 2013
Med's Done....
feb 2013
Passport Req..
august 2013
VISA ISSUED...
sep 2013
Hi all, I am looking for help/assistance with reference to selecting a college to opt for a diploma to get student visa and eventually work experience in Canada that can further help in applying for PR.

This is for my brother and I am already resident in Ontario, he already has an MBA.

Suggestions required regarding college selection with reasonable fees, what should be the minimum duration of the course, and which course related to finance will be helpful.

TIA

JazzB

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Hello everyone,

I need a help from you guys.

I have a friend of mine. He was an international student and did two courses of 8 months each (total 16 months) considered to be 2 program of 1 year each. Ideally he should get two or three years post-graduation work permit after his studies. But he got work-permit of only for one year. When he called CIC they said that they didn't check his documents properly and they will process the request and send updated work permit within next three months.

Now problem is when he got hard copy of his work permit in mail, there is different UCI number mentioned on it than what was on the student permit.

He want to get visitor visa so that he can visit his country and come back in canada.

So what should be done at this time??

Please suggest.

sarathkumar

May 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am planning for undergraduate studies (it seems it is impossible to get PR through FSW even with masters credentials for both, CLB(+9), 8+Yrs Exp will yield CRS score of 447 only) I am planning for 1 or 2 Yr programs (probably in networking or system Administration related Courses in Ontario) (any suggestion of courses would be help full)

I have 10 Yrs(2002 Inter) gap in study will it effect my chance of admission in college?
cost of course(2 Yrs), tuition fees(2 yrs), living expenses, food,books...........etc (rough figure(2 Yrs))
Do I have to submit my work Exp (will it have any use ?)
job opportunities after course (any info)
how many Yrs of WP I will get or can I apply for PR after Undergraduate Degree ?
will 2 Yr program yield me graduate degree or diplomo and help me in getting PR ?

Please guide me through proper channel for undergraduate programs

any help would be appericiated Smiley

arabeh

May 19, 2016
hello
I need help plz.
I have been in Canada and the USA in the 2008 for few months.
and I applied for Canadian visa but I was rejected last year for the same exact reasons as everyone.
now I want to apply again.
I have got invitation from Canadian college.
I have enough money.
I have ielts academic 6 over all.
I am married but training alone.
but I am so worry that they will reject me again.
is there anyway to apply in person rather than online? ?

sarathkumar

May 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone appliying for COMPUTER SYSTEM TECHNICIAN(CST) course in SENACA COLLEGE

is college or university is better?

Oct 4, 2014
rajvir0707 said:
and wht abt spouse visa can I accompany her on student visa for masters or for phd
[/Hi all,

I am seeking some advice from experienced folks for my case.
Here's a glimpse of my profile:

IELTS : Dec 2014 general 8 band
Bachelors in Human development Ed : in 2000
Majors Early childhood education
12th : (arts) : 1996with 62.4 %
10th : 1994 with 60.2 %

Marital status : married and one 7 year old daughter

Experience : more than 5 years as teacher in a private school drawing approximately 10,000pm

I have got information from Vancouver Island University for an M.Ed in Educational Leadership.

Now, i am confused about following

1. Should i apply under SPP or general university category

2. Under SPP, the document checklist is so small that i dont understand how will the VO assess my case

3. Which out of SPP or general will be beneficial mature student

4. How long can SOP be ? Should i mention about my divorce in SOP ?

5. SPP says dont submit any documents unless asked except the ones mentioned : they only want GIC, receipt of tuition, last diploma, etc.

6. Even the application form is so concise that it is not allowing to explain things in detail.

I am very confused : what path to follow.

Please guide

sarathkumar

May 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have 14yrs gap (last studied INTER ...............2002)

can I get study permit

can I get visa

should apply under which category (SPP, GENERAL, NON SPP)

any suggestions for SOP

please advice.................

runaway982

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
One clarification... Is the better solution for us this option: My husband to apply for study visa, and me and the children to stay in our country. I have a decent work in my home country, in stead of no work in Canada. And after a couple of months me and the children to apply for visitors visa, and have better chance?
Or is it better to submit open work visa application together with my husband study visa application?

WardaKhoso

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Hey guys, I need urgent help on this! If anybody has experienced this please let me know!

I applied for my Canadian Student Visa on 12th of Feb 2016, but I haven't heard from the embassy till date! They haven't even asked for my medicals yet! Why is the long delay? I applied through VAC, whenever I track my application it says " Processed passport has been forwarded to Canada visa office Islamabad on 12/2/16. It's been more than 3 months. Does long delay usually means negative answer?

chauhansweet

May 27, 2016
Hello, I want to know that I have applied for PG Course in one of the Ontario College but this temporary pause on International Students application creating lots of doubts that am I eligible for further process or it will be denied as I have not yet applied for visa before 9 May 2016.So please help me out clarifying my confusion in context of Temporary Pause in Ontario.

Thanks
Sweety

shahi.k

May 29, 2016
I got admission in northern college under spp in Toronto for sep intake 2016. I opted one year full time course in International business management.

My profile-
10th- 75%
12th-72%
BBA-63%(passed out in 2014may, degree came in 2015feb)
Job experience- 7 months(2014-nov to june-2015, only having appointment letter and resignation letter, dnt have experience certificate.)

ielts overall 6 bands - L,R,S-6 W-5.5

my quires are...
i) After one year can I extend my study permit?
ii) Is there any chances that my visa can get rejected?
ii) northern college's ranking is very low as compared to other colleges, will it become problematic in getting job and pr in future?
iv) i heard that during study max. 8$/hour is being paid to students. if it is so, then 8*20*4=640$/month is enough to survive or extra money will b needed?(accommodation+food+transportation+clothing+recharge ll it cover all this expenses?)

Anybody else who is gonna join northern college Toronto? if yes then pls reply below..

amsmmb

May 31, 2014
Hi Guys,
I need to know about my student visa!
I did Bachelors Of Commerce in 2010
MBA in 2012 (Finance & HR)
Joined a Private Bank as Ass. Manager in July 2012 after my MBA.
Working with the same bank till date as deputy manager (operations).
Got Married in 2014.
Applied in express entry in june 2015 and my profile will get expire in june 2016.

Now want to apply for study visa.
Can anyone suggest any post graduate professional course after mba.

What are the chances of getting student visa ??
Please suggest.........

canadalhr

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Hi guys. I couldn't find a 2016 post so I'll ask here.
I submitted my application through paper with upfront medical.
do they also notify that medical is passed like the online system
I'm worried since I had to go through sputum smear test for 3 days in april, though my report was clear as the results took 5 days. (This test is different from smear culture and the imo guy said that they've forwarded the report and was clear)
but I'm worried as there was a little shade on lungs. help!!

WardaKhoso

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Hey guys, I need urgent help on this! If anybody has experienced this please let me know!

I applied for my Canadian Student Visa on 12th of Feb 2016, but I haven't heard from the embassy till date! They haven't even asked for my medicals yet! Why is the long delay? I applied through VAC, whenever I track my application it says " Processed passport has been forwarded to Canada visa office Islamabad on 12/2/16. It's been more than 3 months. Does long delay usually means negative answer?