+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Valid job offer from current employer on closed LMIA-exempted work permit

sjimenez

Apr 4, 2023
I’m currently working in Canada on a closed LMIA-exempted(CUSMA) work permit. I have been working for my current employer(specified on the work permit) for one year in a permanent and full-time job. They are willing to give me a valid Job Offer for Express Entry PR application purposes. We have a couple of questions:
  1. For the start date requirement, since I’m already working with them, can they mention in the offer that I will continue working with them after I obtain the PR, instead of an actual date, to satisfy this requirement?
  2. For the job duration requirement in the offer, is it valid that my employer mentions in the offer that I will continue as a permanent full-time employee after PR is issued, instead of specifying a duration of “at least one year”?
  3. Can the offer mention that the continuation of my employment will be conditioned by my employer's termination clauses stated in the same offer?

Ted Good

Sep 14, 2023
I’m currently working in Canada on a closed LMIA-exempted(CUSMA) work permit. I have been working for my current employer(specified on the work permit) for one year in a permanent and full-time job. They are willing to give me a valid Job Offer for Express Entry PR application purposes. We have a couple of questions:
  1. For the start date requirement, since I’m already working with them, can they mention in the offer that I will continue working with them after I obtain the PR, instead of an actual date, to satisfy this requirement?
  2. For the job duration requirement in the offer, is it valid that my employer mentions in the offer that I will continue as a permanent full-time employee after PR is issued, instead of specifying a duration of “at least one year”?
  3. Can the offer mention that the continuation of my employment will be conditioned by my employer's termination clauses stated in the same offer?
Were you able to apply ?

eccv

Star Member
Sep 9, 2023
The offer has to be for at least 1 year after the PR is issued. Whether you are currently working for them or not does not matter.
This is to ensure that the employer continues to require you.

As for the start date on the offer can be like "June 1, 2024 or the date the PR is issued, whichever comes first."