+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VAC (India) re-opens for students with BIL

Rationalwarrior

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Do you guys have any idea in case of re application under NON SDS, the background check has started, how much time does it take?
I believe they are processing applications as soon as possible. If your DLI is on the Covid-19 readiness plan and you submitted a complete application, you should receive your decision at least a few weeks before your classes start.

No one knew that biometrics would resume from yesterday midnight. But that happened and here we are. In the coming weeks, as more students get their final decisions we can get a sense of the processing speed.

Reactions: dogmom

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
I believe they are processing applications as soon as possible. If your DLI is on the Covid-19 readiness plan and you submitted a complete application, you should receive your decision at least a few weeks before your classes start.

No one knew that biometrics would resume from yesterday midnight. But that happened and here we are. In the coming weeks, as more students get their final decisions we can get a sense of the processing speed.
Not trying to be pessimistic here but we are yet to see any sense of urgency or a solid reasonable plan yet to be imposed by IRCC since pandemic began. Everything is always a knee jerk reaction. Least they can do is give timely update on what is going on with the application. Everyone is tired of hearing how COVID-19 has ruined their regular ways of working and hence the delay. Someone should shake them up and say, the world has moved on and its time for them to catch up.

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
Bruh, I got two biometric appointment scheduled in my name on 21st, one at 9:00 am and the other at 11:00 am(two vacs tho). People are not getting appointment soon enough and here I am with two appointments. Someone wanna trade xD.

Indianajones123

Apr 2, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
India
App. Filed.......
16-02-2021
Med's Done....
10-01-2021
Not trying to be pessimistic here but we are yet to see any sense of urgency or a solid reasonable plan yet to be imposed by IRCC since pandemic began. Everything is always a knee jerk reaction. Least they can do is give timely update on what is going on with the application. Everyone is tired of hearing how COVID-19 has ruined their regular ways of working and hence the delay. Someone should shake them up and say, the world has moved on and its time for them to catch up.
I completely agree.

Indianajones123

Apr 2, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
India
App. Filed.......
16-02-2021
Med's Done....
10-01-2021
Does anyone have any info on when passport services will resume?